Gig removed and account during review

peterregouc

A few hours ago, I received an email that my Fiverr gig for product design and 3D modeling was removed, and I also received an email informing me that my account is under review. As a result, I'm also unable to sell my other gig (AI Art).

Im not sure but I believe the issue arose because I used images of products that I had developed in my previous company for my gig image. While these images are publicly visible in my previous companys online shop and were not taken by me, the images represent the products I developed and also im not selling the photography but the product design. I believe that the images are representing my actual work and are the best representation of my abilities in product design and development.

Could someone please help me understand what I did wrong? Is it against Fiverr's policies to use examples from previous jobs? I have been employed in R&D field for 12 years but this is the first time starting on Fiverr so some things obviously are still not completely clear to me ...

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Edited by peterregouc
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, adnansanri said:

Could you screenshot the fiverr message?

Sure:

https://imgur.com/o2IRoyp

The problem is also i wasnt even noticed that there is some issue with my gig beforehand.  If i was noticed i would easily replace the images with something else, if the problem is the images i used that are in online shop already. Now I cant even use my other gig that didnt have any issues and i have to wait for 60 days for them to review my issue 😶 Not very pleasant experience for somebody who just started selling on Fiverr tbh.

I tried to explain to customer service that the images i used represent the products of my design and development and that there is no misleeading of buyers involved. I represented my designing skills with those images. If the problem is that i used the images from my previous company online shop it would be easy for me to replace them with some other image, but i cant believe that this is the issue? Or is there some kind of copyright infringement with that?

Edited by peterregouc
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 3:20 PM, peterregouc said:

Sure:

https://imgur.com/o2IRoyp

The problem is also i wasnt even noticed that there is some issue with my gig beforehand.  If i was noticed i would easily replace the images with something else, if the problem is the images i used that are in online shop already. Now I cant even use my other gig that didnt have any issues and i have to wait for 60 days for them to review my issue 😶 Not very pleasant experience for somebody who just started selling on Fiverr tbh.

I tried to explain to customer service that the images i used represent the products of my design and development and that there is no misleeading of buyers involved. I represented my designing skills with those images. If the problem is that i used the images from my previous company online shop it would be easy for me to replace them with some other image, but i cant believe that this is the issue? Or is there some kind of copyright infringement with that?

Ok but in all this have you provided evidence to the CS that the design and project was indeed done by you? I don't know, original files, work in progress ecc.. Have you?

• Like 3

The customer support insisted that I send them the evidence proving that I hold the rights to the images, when i was trying to prove that i worked at the company where the product in the images was developed by me. I tried to explain that it is the object in the image that represents my work and that I did not take the images myself. Instead, the product in the image is the product that I developed at my previous company, and I simply copied and pasted the image from the online shop of that company. I am offering product design and development on my Fiverr gig. Is this against the rules?
I also offered to change the image if its breaking their rules to use the ones from the online shop. I could easily find something else ...

Looks like the only thing i can do now is to wait for their decission :I Does anybody know how long does it usually take, they said up to 60 days?
It's a shame because I had very good experience on Fiverr until this point, using it to order quite a lot of gigs in short time, now i cant even use it for that.

Edited by peterregouc
  • Like 3