Where did the Seller feature "Order Requirements approved" go?

I am a Fivver startup coach and have helped 100+ buyers on Fiverr over the past year with their businesses. Despite being a 5-star rated business coach and a "Fiverr Choice", I am receiving no answers from the Fiverr team on a recurring topic. It's like shouting into a black hole or echo chamber with a "cut-and-paste-from-the-CS-handbook" machine.

My question to other sellers – are you too missing the "order requirements approved" feature that allowed sellers to reach back to buyers if they didn't adequately respond to required questions BEFORE the delivery time clock starts?

I let my buyers set our work session agenda and state what objectives they would like to accomplish in the allotted work session time (I also come prepared with what I perceive they "need" as I've been doing this for 35+ years). From time to time (less than 10% of all orders), I receive blank requirements or very inadequate requirements from buyers. But the feature Fiverr once had has disappeared and the clock starts even if they didn't fill out any requirements. Even after contacting some buyers, they still don't fill out any information – enough info to help ensure a very productive session.

Why did Fiverr take this feature away?!

It makes NO sense to me as the clock starts with no buyer assistance and I spend even more time chasing down requirements (I am on Fivver to "pay it forward" with my experience so I limit my Fiverr hours. Fiverr has he kinds of buyers I am most passionate about and once was many years ago). My only recourse as a seller is to cancel the order in which case I get penalized and downgraded in ratings (thank you Fiverr algorithm).

I have to believe I am not alone so curious for any insights and thoughts from other Fiverr sellers.

Thoughts? Insights? Workarounds?

Thanks for letting me pixel emote.

John

p.s. And I continue to receive from Fiverr CS that this "new feature" is something they will pass on to the dev/engineering team (even though they already built and removed the feature).

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, jbgofficehours said:

My question to other sellers – are you too missing the "order requirements approved" feature that allowed sellers to reach back to buyers if they didn't adequately respond to required questions BEFORE the delivery time clock starts?

I do not remember any such feature being in existence. Did I somehow miss it? Were you a part of the beta testers' group or something? I've never even heard of anything like what you've mentioned. Sellers are always complaining and requesting that Fiverr implement such a feature, and Fiverr recently came up with the "request to order" (seller plus exclusive) feature, but even this is nothing like what you've mentioned.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, jbgofficehours said:

I have been on Fiverr since 2017 and do not recall such a feature. 

That being said, I set my order requirements so that the order does not start until all requirements are submitted. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

hmm..... Not sure exactly what that feature is but I think I got the idea of what you're trying to say. 

I think the feature you're referring to is " Order Requirements Submitted " and if it's the same thing you're referring to then it's still there on the order page.

OR

it can be something that has to something with " Custome Offers " because we see an "Approved" Button on the custom offers if I remember correctly.

I've been on Fiverr for a couple of years and I think I should've noticed if there was something like "Order Requirements approved".

Still room for error though because fiverr is constantly rolling out new features and whatnot.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, jbgofficehours said:

I've been on Fiverr since 2014, and I don't remember that kind of feature ever existing.

Perhaps you were a part of a test group?

13 hours ago, jbgofficehours said:

Workarounds?

If you're in the Seller Plus program, you can use "request to order" feature. It's not the same thing as what you describe, but it can serve the same purpose: basically, you can set it in such a way that whoever wants to order from you has to contact you first. That way, you can get all the info you need (or turn them down if they're unable to articulate the answers), and then send them a custom offer.

• Like 9

• 11 months later...

I should have taken screenshots of the form I once received regularly as a seller asking if I had received what I needed from the buyer.

I am a startup advisor and business coach who provides "video work sessions" with Fiverr clients (I sell my time).

The primary agenda is always set by my buyers as I ask specifically for a list of numbered items to be discussed as well as overall goals for the meeting in the Requirements. (I also add items since I've been coaching forever).

I frequently receive incomplete information (unacceptable) which requires me to go back several times to the buyer to be more specific in setting expectations. This can take several days for a response.

Nevertheless, Fiverr starts the "delivery clock" regardless of how poorly buyers respond to my specific requirements (which is not what they did when this form previously popped up in an order).

@Yoav.M IMO, sellers shouldn't have to pay extra for seller plus for a "request to order" feature. The Fiverr team should seriously be keeping an eye on seller satisfaction dropping – especially the longtime sellers who deliver superior service with 5-stars, on-time deliveries, and even tips.

• Like 2