Jump to content
  • 0

Why New Seller has No Job?


touslim_hridoy

Question

Hi,

I'm touslim, I hope you are all doing well. I want to know why Fiverr's 80% of the new seller has no job and no one trusts them because he/she is a new seller.

but they are practicing every day trying to grow their skill every day and seeking a new opportunities. there are many sellers who created their accounts 6 months or

a year ago but they have no job even though they are 24/7 hour active and created and edited their gigs continuously but gigs not ranking.

How can we fix this problem?

I think if the top sellers and buyers help the new sellers then this problem will not exist anymore 😅

Please give your valuable opinion.

Thank you!

 

 

  • Like 20
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hey Touslim!

I will start with the painful truth - being online doesn't guarantee orders and that will NOT help you. 

As a top rated seller, I often seek out new sellers to help me with small things related to my personal projects (not work as that could be against the rules and I prefer to work solo.)

There's a few things that I have noticed about new sellers. It might not be true for everyone (not the people I order from for the most part at least) but still.

Many newbies follow advice they found online about easy things they can sell to people. The issue with that is that clients like that could very simply do those things themselves. 

A lot of new sellers also struggle with English. When it comes to most services, you NEED to have solid communication skills. Even if you work in a different language, as long as you need to communicate in English, people wont trust you out of fear that you might misunderstand things. 

Many new sellers expect work just for signing up, but that's not how things work on here. We all need to offer something of value.

If you're struggling to ger orders for more than a few weeks, I think the solution is reevaulating your profile and what you offer. Try to see if maybe you can do something else that would sell better.  Think from a buyer's point of view instead of seeing what you've seen online (if you've followed advice, it's not working.)

People will only notice you if you offer something truly unique and useful!

  • Like 25
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, touslim_hridoy said:

but they are practicing every day trying to grow their skill every day

I think this is part of the problem. While it is important to continuously improve, many new sellers launch a gig without the ability to do what they're offering. They do not have professional level skills yet.

Skills first (and that includes business skills!) and then launch a gig.

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, katakatica said:

Hey Touslim!

I will start with the painful truth - being online doesn't guarantee orders and that will NOT help you. 

As a top rated seller, I often seek out new sellers to help me with small things related to my personal projects (not work as that could be against the rules and I prefer to work solo.)

There's a few things that I have noticed about new sellers. It might not be true for everyone (not the people I order from for the most part at least) but still.

Many newbies follow advice they found online about easy things they can sell to people. The issue with that is that clients like that could very simply do those things themselves. 

A lot of new sellers also struggle with English. When it comes to most services, you NEED to have solid communication skills. Even if you work in a different language, as long as you need to communicate in English, people wont trust you out of fear that you might misunderstand things. 

Many new sellers expect work just for signing up, but that's not how things work on here. We all need to offer something of value.

If you're struggling to ger orders for more than a few weeks, I think the solution is reevaulating your profile and what you offer. Try to see if maybe you can do something else that would sell better.  Think from a buyer's point of view instead of seeing what you've seen online (if you've followed advice, it's not working.)

People will only notice you if you offer something truly unique and useful!

Thank you! for your valuable opinion, I trying to improve my communication and marketing skills.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, melanielm said:

I think this is part of the problem. While it is important to continuously improve, many new sellers launch a gig without the ability to do what they're offering. They do not have professional level skills yet.

Skills first (and that includes business skills!) and then launch a gig.

Thanks for your valuable advice!

You are right. I would try to improve more my skills and communication that convey professionalism.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

assumption that mostly new sellers make buyer is fool or can be made fool is wrong

by communication, buyer easily detect your skills

and lies are disaster. Don't use lie slogans like "100% satisfaction guarantee", "having +2 years of experience"...

Be simple and unique. Tell them truth about what you can or did in past.

Honesty is more valuable to buyers than skill

 

top sellers can just advice. Don't think they will do your part/work.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hi Touslim,
I agree with the others on the points that have been addressed. I also add that the "Buyer request" option that no longer exists does not help new sellers to have a chance to get an order.
What I did when I started working on the platform (doesn't mean it will work for you too) is to lower the price to $5 no matter what the job is and do it right, if you feel you can't do it don't take it. Better not to have a review than having one that is bad and could kill your gig for good.
 

  • Like 11
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

assumption that mostly new sellers make buyer is fool or can be made fool is wrong

by communication, buyer easily detect your skills

and lies are disaster. Don't use lie slogans like "100% satisfaction guarantee", "having +2 years of experience"...

Be simple and unique. Tell them truth about what you can or did in past.

Honesty is more valuable to buyers than skill

 

top sellers can just advice. Don't think they will do your part/work.

I liked the slogan advice particularly

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 hours ago, touslim_hridoy said:

Hi,

I'm touslim, I hope you are all doing well. I want to know why Fiverr's 80% of the new seller has no job and no one trusts them because he/she is a new seller.

but they are practicing every day trying to grow their skill every day and seeking a new opportunities. there are many sellers who created their accounts 6 months or

a year ago but they have no job even though they are 24/7 hour active and created and edited their gigs continuously but gigs not ranking.

How can we fix this problem?

I think if the top sellers and buyers help the new sellers then this problem will not exist anymore 😅

Please give your valuable opinion.

Thank you!

 

 

24/7 active don't guarantees you nothing, same if you are editing your gig every day... how can the Fiverr algorithm figure out what you're selling?

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Starting is the most difficult part as everyone wants to work with someone who has a previous record of good quality work. Imagine if you are a buyer and looking for a good quality of work and you find a new seller profile, so most probably you will skip it as you can't trust that seller, the same applies to every buyer.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/4/2023 at 3:35 PM, melanielm said:

While it is important to continuously improve, many new sellers launch a gig without the ability to do what they're offering. They do not have professional level skills yet.

Spoken the truth here. The reality is that people will just try and sell anything just to make money without the skills to back it up. And the so-called gurus on YouTube make it seem that it's possible to make thousands on Fiverr every month without any experience. Same with AI and other things. 

  • Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/6/2023 at 4:53 AM, zahidulparvez said:

** Lack of credibility: New sellers do not have a track record on the platform, which makes it harder for buyers to trust them. Buyers often look for sellers with a proven track record of delivering high-quality work.

**Pricing: New sellers often price their services lower than established sellers in order to compete. However, this can sometimes backfire and make buyers question the quality of their work.

**Incomplete profile: New sellers may not have fully completed their profile or provided enough information about their skills and experience, which can also make it harder for buyers to trust them.

**Creating high-quality gigs that showcase their skills and expertise.

**Promoting gigs through social media and other channels to increase visibility and attract more buyers.

**Inconsistent quality: It's important for sellers to consistently deliver high-quality work to build a strong reputation on the platform. If a seller's work is inconsistent, it can make it harder for buyers to trust them and choose them for their projects.

 

Thanks 

Zahidul Parvez

Screenshot2023-01-14at11_11_33AM.thumb.png.7c2712d5f3a4b833d125baa4445ec788.png

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/4/2023 at 5:34 PM, katakatica said:

Hey Touslim!

I will start with the painful truth - being online doesn't guarantee orders and that will NOT help you. 

As a top rated seller, I often seek out new sellers to help me with small things related to my personal projects (not work as that could be against the rules and I prefer to work solo.)

There's a few things that I have noticed about new sellers. It might not be true for everyone (not the people I order from for the most part at least) but still.

Many newbies follow advice they found online about easy things they can sell to people. The issue with that is that clients like that could very simply do those things themselves. 

A lot of new sellers also struggle with English. When it comes to most services, you NEED to have solid communication skills. Even if you work in a different language, as long as you need to communicate in English, people wont trust you out of fear that you might misunderstand things. 

Many new sellers expect work just for signing up, but that's not how things work on here. We all need to offer something of value.

If you're struggling to ger orders for more than a few weeks, I think the solution is reevaulating your profile and what you offer. Try to see if maybe you can do something else that would sell better.  Think from a buyer's point of view instead of seeing what you've seen online (if you've followed advice, it's not working.)

People will only notice you if you offer something truly unique and useful!

It was a really good explanation. I appreciate it. But we never want our needs to run out. And so we are constantly waiting for when all our waiting will be over. Or we are in a bad position in our places. In return for hard work, our goals are definitely achieved.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...