Ready to talk about death and dying?

Welcome @stesicoach  An interesting and thought provoking topic title that breaks the norm of the usual madness on here. 

In 6 years I've been on here I can't say I've seen many people in your niche. Whether there is a reason for that I don't know.  But. ... You seem a qualified, compassionate and hugely capable freelancer, so anything that you can do to help the patient or family have a less traumatic experience. Then good on you!!!!

Good luck in your Fiverr journey! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 22

Hi @stesicoach, Welcome to Fiverr and the forum!

I agree with @breals that your services are unique and you seem really qualified at what you do!

...This isn't directly related to what you do, but I think you have the qualifications to help! Would you be interested in taking part in a Fiverr webinar on Mental Health? If so, you might want to see this article here:

If interested, you can respond to Yoav's comment in the thread. Yoav is Fiverr's Education and Engagement Manager. We are trying to find out ways to help sellers have open discussions on mental health. Too many sellers feel alone in this battle and end up being silent sufferers. I've only seen handful of posts on the topic, but there's definitely a need to have more discussions!

I look forward to chatting with you on the forum and wish the best of luck for you and your business! 

• Like 20

@breals Thank you so much for your kind message and encouraging words!!! It means a lot to me to receive such positive feedback from someone who has been on Fiverr for six years!!!

I'm glad that my niche caught your attention and I appreciate your recognition of my qualifications and compassion.

My goal as an end-of-life coach is to provide support to those who are facing difficult decisions and experiences during these challenging times. Your words are a reminder of the importance of this work and the impact it can have on the lives of patients and families.

Thank you again for taking the time to send me this message. It's a pleasure to be a part of this community and I hope to continue to make a positive difference for those who need it most.

• Like 16

@vickieito Hi Vicki! Thank you for your welcome message! And wow! thank you for introducing me to this important topic of mental health on Fiverr!! I appreciate yours and the other participants' effort to raise awareness and encourage open discussions on this issue, which is often stigmatized and overlooked.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to connect with Yoav and other members of the Fiverr community who share this concern. I will definitely look into his comment in the thread and contribute if I have something meaningful to share.

It's heartening to know that there are people like you, @Yoav.M and @brealswho are working to make a difference and create a supportive environment for sellers on Fiverr. Thank you for your support and encouragement, and I wish you all the best with your endeavors as well!!

• Like 17

Ready to talk about death and dying?

I wish more people were!

My husband comes from a family with 7 kids and 4 of his siblings had Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA, type 1&2). They were told they wouldn't live past early childhood. My husband was close his sister Natsuko, who died from the disease when she was 6 years old. We named our daughter after her.

His brothers were stronger and had milder forms of the disease. However, one passed away soon after we married (Hide, he was 22 years old). I remember he was only 20 lbs when he passed away. He was just bones. Another brother passed away days after my daughter was born (he was 23 years old). One brother remains, and he is fairly stable and just needs a respirator when he sleeps at night. He's now 30 years old.

All four of these siblings had/have vibrant spirits and were courageous in all of their struggles. I really looked up to them. 😊 I also look up to my mother-in-law who cared for them around the clock knowing that they could die any day. She was heartbroken every time. Hide died because he caught a cold and wasn't strong enough to overcome it. He passed away while my mother-in-law took a brief nap because she was also sick and needed to rest. When she woke up, he was gone. She felt so guilty.

Aside from the kids with SMA, my husband and his older brother also suffered from mental illnesses and struggled with a number of things, such as depression and suicide. His older brother also dealth with more severe forms of mental illness (personality and hallucinations) and that caused him to have to leave his wife and two children. He is now in a mental institution to protect himself and protect his family from him. Everyone in the family ignores him and doesn't even visit him. In my mind this is a loss that shouldn't have happened. In the family's mind, mental illness isn't a true illness like SMA, and those with mental illnesses were looked down on for feeling suicidal (especially when the SMA children could die any day). My husband still struggles a lot with his childhood and the stigma around mental illnesses. 

@stesicoach - I'm really happy to see that there is more discussion around mental health and really think you have a lot to contribute!

• Like 16
  • Up 1

@vickieito I am so sorry to hear about your family's health issues and the challenges you and your family faced with death and dying. It takes a lot of strength to navigate these difficult circumstances, and I want to commend your mother-in-law for her courage and resilience during those times.

I know how overwhelming and isolating it can be to deal with these issues.... So many people are going through similar experiences alone. However, the good news is that there are resources and support available to help families like yourself to cope with this challenging time.

Thank you for sharing your story and being vulnerable in this forum. It takes a lot of courage to open up about these deeply personal and emotional issues, and your bravery and honesty are an inspiration to others.

Please know that I am here to offer support and empathy. If you ever need someone to talk to or if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Sending you and your family love and strength during this difficult time.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 4:23 PM, stesicoach said:

I recently joined Fiverr as an end of life coach.

I wish you all the best with your coaching! It's an important topic, a conversation that we tend to vehemently avoid on this side of the pond as we race to stuff our lives full of stuff. I'm not against success and things. I enjoy a comfortable life and worked hard for it, but it doesn't do a thing to stop the inevitable. Supporting people at the end of their life is a wonderful thing. And it's a reminder to us all to appreciate our life and loved ones even more. 

• Like 14