Jump to content

I want to parmode my gig please give me idias


nooradeel7860

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, nooradeel7860 said:

i have to vary hard-working But still, I have no order anybody tell me what is my failer then I imove my work. please Help me.

You offer live chat support gigs in English ? you also claim to be fluent in English

Are you looking for someone with good communication skills and who is awesome at composing perfect English? Then you are at the right gig and the right place.

Based on your forum post you can barely string a sentence together.  If anyone buys this gig they are going to be very disappointed   

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, breals said:

you also claim to be fluent in English

Hi @nooradeel7860 - you will need to update your gig title, gig description, gig video, gig images to remove your spelling errors:

You write customer "support" as "sport" and "spourt," and customer "service" as "sarvice."

You don't have to be perfect at English unless you say you are perfect, so change your profile so English is "conversational" and remove the following statement from your gig description: "Are you looking for someone with good communication skills and who is awesome at composing perfect English?"

Whatever you do, just be honest. I thought your gig image that said your chat services will only be live when you are live, was honest.

You also mention "we" and "us," so if there are a few of you working out of your account, and some of you are more proficient in English than others, just mention it in your bio. 

  • Like 5
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

Here's the thing, @breals and @newsmike's replies MIGHT come across as being mean to SOME people.

The lying about English proficiency is an epidemic here. The real question is if they will lie about something so obvious, what else will they lie about to make sales?  I guess I feel no regret about coming across as mean to liars. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, vickieito said:

You don't have to be perfect at English unless you say you are perfect, so change your profile so English is "conversational" and remove the following statement from your gig description: "Are you looking for someone with good communication skills and who is awesome at composing perfect English?"

Do you think it wise to coddle people who are outright misrepresenting their proficiency, especially when you consider what else they may be lying about? After all, they know they are not proficient at English. This is not a mistake, it is deliberate fraud. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, newsmike said:

The real question is if they will lie about something so obvious, what else will they lie about to make sales?  

Just now, newsmike said:

This is not a mistake, it is deliberate fraud. 

When I was a newbie buyer, I didn't know any better and believed a seller's profile stating that they could write. They even showed me a bunch of writing samples, so I thought they were legit. I was disappointed to find out that even the title had 5 errors in it. The article itself was terrible and the seller admitted that he couldn't write custom material - all the articles that he was showing in his profile were articles that he had purchased from others. He then asked for me to select an article to replace the one I wanted written (which was supposed to share some of my personal experiences). So none of his articles were relevant to me. I agree - there is a lot of fraud going on the platform.

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Do you think it wise to coddle people who are outright misrepresenting their proficiency, especially when you consider what else they are lying about?

No, but I am giving the seller the benefit of a doubt due to the use of "we" and "us." They may be operating as an agency with different proficiencies in English.

When I first started on Fiverr, I did list "Japanese" as a basic skill because my curriculum-building gig was more geared for a Japanese audience when I was teaching English in Japan. My husband and a Japanese teacher that I worked with wanted to offer their English-Japanese translating skills as a part of my gig. So I did have that as a gig extra and mentioned my team of translators in my gig video and description. It was short-lived, but others may be starting their gigs on the platform similarly, offering services that they themselves don't do, but their team members do. Some don't mention their team members on their gigs, but should.

I had no idea what I was doing when I first started out, so I did try a lot of different things that might look suspicious to others (and you did call me out on the forum for). I experimented with working as an agency, team, outsourcing, and anything that I could think of.

I think if you are fraudulent and dishonest seller, you'll eventually get found out.

I also think there are other sellers like me who try to do things right but in the process may come off as doing things wrong, maybe entirely wrong, but correct themselves, and get better as they continue to grow their business.

  • Like 2
  • Congrats! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I do understand @vickieito that you're going with the "benefit of the doubt" route, but in the OP's case it doesn't really seem to apply.

Now I CAN say that she is not trying to be intentionally dishonest with malicious intent, I've seen a good number of people here who seriously believed their English was OK ( even though it was quite bad...), or in worse cases they didn't think that lying was wrong. Their reactions were something along the lines of "Oh I was just trying to make my profile look good," "Oh was that a mistake? I thought if I said my English was fluent, that will bring in more sales."

They simply didn't think that it was a mistake, or they were just too desperate to a point where they didn't/couldn't care. Even after the OP reads everything you typed for her, I don't think she will understand, sadly. Now there IS a possibility that she is working in a team and someone can actually speak and understand English at a native level, but I kinda...doubt it. Sorry.

On 2/17/2023 at 9:38 PM, vickieito said:

I had no idea what I was doing when I first started out, so I did try a lot of different things that might look suspicious to others (and you did call me out on the forum for). I experimented with working as an agency, team, outsourcing, and anything that I could think of.

I get this 1000000%, so many of us didn't really know how to handle things and made mistakes along the way, but the difference between you/other new sellers who eventually found success here and the other "help me get sales" sellers is that there was this basic understanding of how business works.

Or maybe it's not even about business, dare I say, "common sense?" When people pointed out the mistake you made, you took it seriously, understood what you need to do, and made improvements.

I can tell you're trying to help her out, I do hope the OP reads it.

OK sorry, I'm not sure if I'm getting my point across clearly, but heck, here it is.  😅

 

On a completely random note, I accidentally sliced my finger last night and boy did it bleed.
Guys, be careful when you handle sharp objects. 😅 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I also think there are other sellers like me who try to do things right but in the process may come off as doing things wrong, maybe entirely wrong, but correct themselves, and get better as they continue to grow their business.

Like I have told you before, I love that you give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but looking at that gig I can assure you that there is no team. One does not pay a staff on a $5 gig which has zero sales. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I love that you give everyone the benefit of the doubt,

Not everyone. I did call out the OP on the last post I did, so I guess I'm a little more lenient with new sellers.

I think my problem is that I see too much of myself in these newbie sellers. Many, many years ago when I embarked on my first business venture, my common sense was non-existent and I looked worse than most of the newbies on the platform. I had many failures and disappointments to get where I am today (and I'm still not where I need to be).

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, vickieito said:

when I embarked on my first business venture, my common sense was non-existent and I looked worse than most of the newbies on the platform

But I'm willing to bet that you did not misrepresent your qualifications. I often feel that when we give these outright scammers the BOD, the sympathy is misplaced. It should instead be with the poor folks who buy a service from them believing that the qualifications in the gig are factual, but instead they are ripped off. That is who we should feel bad for in my opinion. Not the scammers. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

The lying about English proficiency is an epidemic here.

Knowing this⬆️

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

Do you think it wise to coddle people who are outright misrepresenting their proficiency, especially when you consider what else they may be lying about? After all, they know they are not proficient at English. This is not a mistake, it is deliberate fraud. 

I'd have to agree with you⬆️ ...and @zeus777 ⬇️

1 hour ago, zeus777 said:

Hmmm, I do understand @vickieito that you're going with the "benefit of the doubt" route, but in the OP's case it doesn't really seem to apply.
Now I CAN say that she is not trying to be intentionally dishonest with malicious intent, I've seen a good number of people here who seriously believed their English was OK ( even though it was quite bad...), or in worse cases they didn't think that lying was wrong. Their reactions were something along the lines of "Oh I was just trying to make my profile look good," "Oh was that a mistake? I thought if I said my English was fluent, that will bring in more sales."
They simply didn't think that it was a mistake, or they were just too desperate to a point where they didn't/couldn't care. Even after the OP reads everything you typed for her, I don't think she will understand, sadly.

I also hope this happens:

1 hour ago, zeus777 said:

I do hope the OP reads it.

BUT ....95% of the time the OP won't read it, or they'll just say "thanks" (or get offended). So I should be (will be) more direct/clear in my messaging. Especially since I don't like how many dishonest sellers that there are on the platform.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

When I was a newbie buyer, I didn't know any better and believed a seller's profile stating that they could write.

So much this. I started out as a buyer, too (and still am), and was only a buyer for my first 18 months on the platform. When you're a new buyer, you assume that all the people selling here have good intentions and are honest.  I found out about Fiverr from a book I read about writing ebooks, and it was mentioned as a good place to find people to make quality covers. So, I didn't really know anything about the platform when I started buying. I didn't know about the scammers or about anything from the seller's point of view. I've made many mistakes as a buyer as a result and bought from some people that turned out to be... not honest, to say the least. Now, I know how to find good sellers, of course, but it's not always easy for new buyers.

That's why I also really like that Fiverr got rid of BRs, so the scammers have a more difficult time gaining traction. I also do believe that Fiverr should be patrolling this forum more... some of the "sellers" here outright expose themselves as scammers when they post. Why isn't something done when it's obvious to anyone with a working brain?

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 6
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hellotitanim said:

I am in the same problem-😌

What? You're lying about your ability to speak English fluently?  Or you keep cutting your finger when using sharp knives 😀 

 

51 minutes ago, faraztech4 said:

Check your description your gig. Keyword 

Did you bother to read the comments above? or are you just hellbent on getting your next forum badge?

  • Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

That's why I also really like that Fiverr got rid of BRs, so the scammers have a more difficult time gaining traction. I also do believe that Fiverr should be patrolling this forum more... some of the "sellers" here outright expose themselves as scammers when they post. Why isn't something done when it's obvious to anyone with a working brain?

HEAR HEAR HEAR HEAR HEAR!!!!!
( please imagine me shouting this from the top of Mt.Fiverr)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vibronx said:

I also do believe that Fiverr should be patrolling this forum more... some of the "sellers" here outright expose themselves as scammers when they post. Why isn't something done when it's obvious to anyone with a working brain?

Celebrity gif. Chord Overstreet glancing up and pointing up with both fingers, nodding. Text in background, "This."

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nooradeel7860 said:

I want to par mode my gig Plelase give idas 

Please!  for the sake of your customers, amend your gig to say you're NOT Fluent in English.  This will help you in the long run.

Also. have you not listened to any of the advice you were given about your live chat services?   How can you expect to communicate with a businesses customers if you can't string a sentence together?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...