How do I know if I am on the right path?

craigwhitney1

Question

I have been a seller since November of 2022, so only several months. In that time, I have completed five gigs. Three came in a short timespan in early January, and I have only received one since then. My impressions increased to a peak in early January, about a month live on Fiverr, then dipped back down.

Is this normal? Does everyone experience this up and down while they're beginning, or is it a sign that I may have an issue I need to correct?

impressions.png

• Like 7

3 answers to this question

Hi there,

We all have our ups and downs, and this is nothing normal.
I've been on Fiverr for over 10 years, and right now as I am typing this I am going through somewhat of a "dry-up"period and it's been going on for about a month or so. I do get orders here and there, but the numbers have dropped quite a lot. I'm not worried or anything though, it happens.

• Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

It happens. 

Fiverr's algoritm gives you small spikes as a chance to prove yourself. If you handle it well (having done orders and getting good feedback) you keep your momentum. 

But not all downright movements mean you did bad. Other sellers will get the same attention so you will be sent back. But having done well helps to keep your graphics higher. 

As joined recently, you will face tremendous amount of competition before you carve your own niche.

Right now your situation seems to be normal if you'd ask me

• Like 5
  • Up 1