Gigs not listed in my categories

dianeofmusgrave

Hi

So the my gigs are listed as active and in search results. 

However my gigs are nowhere to be found not even listed in the category. I know this because I filtered the category to South Africa my country and there are only 35 people listed and I am not there.

I searched titles and tags, again not a lot of people in the "teach Midjourney" search, and my gig isn't there. I assure you I have used 5 tags in my gigs but under related tags on the gig I don't see all of them showing

I Understand that ranking changes but does it actually wipe you off Fiverr? I had a late gig that's extension was eventually extended. I teach so scheduling can be difficult.

Again 

My status is "Active and in search results" on my gigs

You cannot find any of my gigs in search

You cannot find me listed in the category

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

You could contact CS at the help desk if your gig isn't showing at all in the category it's in. You could say that to them and also mention that the ticket thing says it's active and indexed (if it does) and maybe show them a screenshot showing the 35 that do show.

Maybe ask CS if they can set it to re-index (if that would help).

• Like 11

They are in the right categories with my competitors under AI art. I filmed a video illustrating that my gigs are not in categories or anywhere else and sent that through. The reply was that they don't guarentee impressions and there was nothing they could do. quote -

"'Fiverr does not guarantee impressions, clicks, or views for your Gig. As mentioned in our previous response, Gigs may also be removed from our search feature due to poor performance indicators. "

This is the consistent response. So let's say the gig was removed from search for late deliveries (again I teach so occasionally there is scheduling issues.). Why is the status saying "in search results" and why isn't it in the categories? And what about the other gigs? Consulting and Art commissions for example. Why are ALL the gigs just gone? 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

This is the consistent response. So let's say the gig was removed from search for late deliveries (again I teach so occasionally there is scheduling issues.). Why is the status saying "in search results" and why isn't it in the categories? And what about the other gigs? Consulting and Art commissions for example. Why are ALL the gigs just gone?

I think you're best asking staff that in the helpdesk (unless you have already) since Fiverr staff are probably the only ones who will know. I think you're right that if it has removed your gig(s) from the search index for some reason (eg. bad performance) then it should it should say it's not in the search index when you check that option in the help desk (if it doesn't work like that maybe say that to them eg. it could be reported as a bug). It might be that a late delivery on one gig could affect the positioning of other gigs too (eg. all a seller's gigs might be affected by the seller's dashboard stats, which includes on time delivery).

If one of the gigs was created within the last 24 hours it might take a bit of time to appear in the search index (but if it shows in the option in the helpdesk as indexed then it should show there). Sometimes it shows a bit of difference in the total number of gigs in the recommended sort and the ones in the top selling sort (it used to show a lot of difference there but now they're mostly close).

You could still try and get them to re-index the gigs. Also you could check your impressions - if you can see that they're getting some impressions (even if it's not many) each day then you know that they're getting shown sometimes in the results/category pages.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

27 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I think you're best asking staff that in the helpdesk (unless you have already) since Fiverr staff are probably the only ones who will know. I think you're right that if it has removed your gig(s) from the search index for some reason (eg. bad performance) then it should it should say it's not in the search index when you check that option in the help desk (if it doesn't work like that maybe say that to them eg. it could be reported as a bug). It might be that a late delivery on one gig could affect the positioning of other gigs too (eg. all a seller's gigs might be affected by the seller's dashboard stats, which includes on time delivery).

If one of the gigs was created within the last 24 hours it might take a bit of time to appear in the search index (but if it shows in the option in the helpdesk as indexed then it should show there). Sometimes it shows a bit of difference in the total number of gigs in the recommended sort and the ones in the top selling sort (it used to show a lot of difference there but now they're mostly close).

You could still try and get them to re-index the gigs. Also you could check your impressions - if you can see that they're getting some impressions (even if it's not many) each day then you know that they're getting shown sometimes in the results/category pages.

Can I ask what reindexing is?

What I am slowly piecing together from the helpdesk is that just because your gig says 'in search results' doesn't mean it's searchable for all buyers only repeat buyers. I am trying to get a solid answer on categories still but it looks like the answer is yes you can be removed from categories. Honestly I am speechless

• Like 11
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

Can I ask what reindexing is?

Made searchable. Like an index in a book where you can more quickly know where something is in the book. Though maybe normally with databases it will index a record (if one has been set up) during the update that writes the normal record (eg. a gig).

eg. if there were millions of gigs and a user wanted to search for "AI" then reading millions of gig records to search through to find the ones that contained "AI" would be a lot slower than using an index (eg. based on the words in the description) that could a lot more quickly find out which gigs contained that word. Though it's probably more complex eg. they may want them in a particular order (most relevant, with high seller stats etc., and the search Fiverr uses may return synonyms/related words to the search not just exactly what was searched).

Fiverr have mentioned Elastic Search and Solr search before somewhere. Maybe one is used to help with normal Fiverr searches (or a changed version of it) and one used for other things (getting stats/view logs?). I don't know much about them though. The page below for Solr mentions real-time indexing though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasticsearch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Solr

eg. this is from a transcript of a software engineering interview with the Fiverr CTO In 2017 (the interview might have been slightly earlier):

We didn’t build a search engine entirely from scratch, but we’re leveraging solar [Solr]
and elastic and using them in a way that is slightly different than other companies. Our search
leverage large amount of features beyond relevancy in order to have better performing ranking...

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

So this is where we are, below is a direct quote from a reply, they are not interested in helping me or hearing what I am saying.

"Kindly know that your Gig impressions are dependent on many different factors, including your seller statistics, performance, and additional internal factors.
Fiverr does not guarantee impressions, clicks, or views for your Gig. In addition to this, Gigs may also be removed from our search feature due to poor performance indicators.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else we can do.

For your convenience and in order to assist you better, I have found some articles you may find helpful:
The How-Tos Of Advertising Off The Fiverr Platform
How to make your Fiverr Profile stand out"

Just to clarify for everyone. My delivery score is 71 everything else is above 90. I also have 22 5 star reviews that I got in the last month or two. I was on the front page of everything. Then I had clients who missed their lessons or declined extensions because they didn't know what the extension meant. Hence the lateness score. So I actually didn't have late deliveries. Maybe there was a bad private review that I didn't see but honestly you can't please everyone all the time. So here I sit in this position, Support say "We know it's harsh but.." "Nothing we can do" "It's the algorithm" 

My mother always told me life isn't fair and I seem to learn that lesson quite often.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

42 minutes ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

Out of interest would anyone say it's worth putting more effort in if I'm not in search or categories? I have about 25 five star reviews but I don't really see the point of stars no one can see

If you can get your stats up then your gigs will probably get shown/shown higher in the results.

Some of your gigs have been paused so they won't show when they're paused even if the stats increase (though I assume you've paused them very recently).

If you paused the ones that went late then you could leave it paused for while (till your stats increase) or increase the number of delivery days in the gig so it will have less chance of going late (eg. "teach you how to use midjourney like a pro" only has a 1 day delivery. Adding another day or 2 (or maybe a week?) will allow you to reschedule to a different day if you need to (if they miss it) without needing them to accept an extension. eg. you could still try to schedule for the same day delivery but in your gig set up have it set as about 7 just in case and you could mention in the gig that you can try to schedule for the same day if possible.

The stats will reset after 60 days too so any ones it counts as late now won't after those 60 days.

You could try creating an additional gig. Maybe things will change when you deliver your orders that are in the queue/when they complete (that might increase your stats and then it might show your gig(s) in the search results if it isn't now).

You could also promote it in some other place (like they suggested) - if it's done in the best way.

Maybe there's other places you could try too if Fiverr isn't showing your gigs at all (so you don't have all your eggs in one basket).

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

If you can get your stats up then your gigs will probably get shown/shown higher in the results.

Some of your gigs have been paused so they won't show when they're paused even if the stats increase (though I assume you've paused them very recently).

If you paused the ones that went late then you could leave it paused for while (till your stats increase) or increase the number of delivery days in the gig so it will have less chance of going late (eg. "teach you how to use midjourney like a pro" only has a 1 day delivery. Adding another day or 2 (or maybe a week?) will allow you to reschedule to a different day if you need to (if they miss it) without needing them to accept an extension. eg. you could still try to schedule for the same day delivery but in your gig set up have it set as about 7 just in case and you could mention in the gig that you can try to schedule for the same day if possible.

The stats will reset after 60 days too so any ones it counts as late now won't after those 60 days.

You could try creating an additional gig. Maybe things will change when you deliver your orders that are in the queue/when they complete (that might increase your stats and then it might show your gig(s) in the search results if it isn't now).

You could also promote it in some other place (like they suggested) - if it's done in the best way.

Maybe there's other places you could try too if Fiverr isn't showing your gigs at all (so you don't have all your eggs in one basket).

Thanks that's good advice. The latest from the support centre was something about 'factors they couldn't disclose' is that one of those bad private reviews? There are two people who never left me reviews in the last 10 days. One of which wasn't happy that the information he had from elswhere was incorrect and AI didn't work the way he thought. The other ..... well the whole experience there was just strange to be honest.

I have delivered two on time 5 star gigs since I disappeared from results and no change. I still have two in cue but one will only deliver in March. If I knew how many orders I needed at least it would be something. I definitely can't wait 60 days. Not only will the market probably be flooded by then I need to be able to pay bills.

I am on one other gig site perhaps if it is allowed you can give me recommendations for some others?

Thanks so much for all your input

• Like 6
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

The latest from the support centre was something about 'factors they couldn't disclose' is that one of those bad private reviews?

It probably is the private reviews that caused it. That would be the main reason they wouldn't' disclose. If they decided to manually 'de-rank'/remove you from search they might decide not to disclose that but I doubt it's that.

I don't think it is allowed to specifically recommend other sites though (not specific ones).

If you're trying to see what happens with pausing/unpausing maybe you could try editing a gig too. That might re-index it - though with an intentional change - not just a tiny change just to edit it. You could try changing the price of one.

But you could also try adding a new gig like a I suggested. Maybe similar topic but something not many others have created a gig for, or promoting them somewhere.

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...