Negative Review: Looking for advice

latenitemedia

I had my first negative review (I had a good 8 month run) and I know that it’s not the end of the world. I can’t help but feel frustrated though because I did everything I could to please the seller. She bought my $5 punch up gig (with no extras) without a script, she just had bulletpoints. So I did (what I thought) was a solid and wrote the script for her. She asked for a modification, which I did happily.

At this point she came back with an additional modification request and wanted a whole rewrite with new details that were not in her initial brief. At this stage I figure this is going to be a hard one to please but I’ve already put more than $5 (probable more like $40) into this gig. I kindly let her know that this has grown bigger than her original order and asked if she could order another gig. I thought it was fair since she didn’t follow the instructions in the first place and I tried to help.

So she posted a negative review saying that my communication was bad (not true) and that I requested she buy another gig when she asked for a “small” modification (also not true.)

Besides giving until it’s not worth it any more what suggestions do you have for this type of situation?

Cheers.

I’m not a seller but my advice is to move on. You’ve reviewed what happened and from your point of view you did a good job. Therefore, these is nothing more you can do and you are only going to stress yourself out by worrying about it. I work with a best selling seller who has lots of great reviews but also has quite a lot of complaints about missing deadlines. It doesn’t seem to stop people from ordering from her. One poor review won’t put off your potential customers.

Thanks for your feedback. I’m not too broken up about it. Always looking for tips to improve my customer service. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the client marked the job complete before making the bad review. I earned that $4:P

Onwards and upwards.

Thanks again everyone.

Archived