POLL: FIVERR ADS HAS TO FOLLOW THE PERFORMANCE OR NOT?

venonusa

POLL: FIVERR ADS HAS TO FOLLOW THE PERFORMANCE OR NOT?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Fiverr should ALWAYS give the possibility to activate ADS to all freelancers even if the performances are not good?

• YES, THE ADS HAS ALWAYS STAY ACTIVATE FOR EVERYONE
    • NO, THE ADS HAS TO FOLLOW THE FREELANCER PERFORMANCE

Question

Do you know Fiverr is a marketplace like amazon or ebay? these two offer an internal ads service very similar to Fiverr's ads service, with the only difference that Amazon and ebay continue to offer you the opportunity to promote the product even it the product has received all negative reviews, my question is: why doesn't Fiverr offer the same opportunity to freelancers? Then when the customer arrives on the gig, he will decide whether or not to buy the service ( based on the past customers reviews, price, etcc )

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 answers to this question

6 hours ago, venonusa said:

in 1 day we got only 5 Votes 🤔 this means all freelancers are not interested in promoting their gigs to get more orders....

Or, perhaps it just means that people are not interested in participating in your poll. Just because you post a poll on the forum, does not mean that everyone needs to be part of it.

5 hours ago, venonusa said:

the big problem is that if you can't promote your gigs no one will see your gigs

Your statement is 100% false. You have the ability to take responsibility for your own gig visibility, and promote it, on your own, wherever else your target customers are located. It is unwise to expect Fiverr to do your work for you.

5 hours ago, venonusa said:

what's the point of being on a platform that doesn't offer you visibility?

Fiverr does not owe you constant visibility. They want great sellers who take responsibility for their own success.

• Like 4
  • Up 4

22 minutes ago, venonusa said:

instead having a promotion service can compensate for the months where Fiverr puts your gig in uncomfortable positions...

That’s obviously not what fiverr wants. They put you to the back searches because of your performance, because one of those orders left a bad private review and other hidden metrics. 
they want to keep the best of the best in front searches wether it’s organic search results or promoted gigs. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

18 minutes ago, venonusa said:

So, now explain to me, how do you give visibility to your gig?

If you sell enough, Fiverr gives you visibility. 
Fiverr is a business. Businesses want to earn money. So Fiverr prefers to give visibility to the “better” sellers.  
In my case, I don’t use the "promoted gigs feature". I have a lot of orders and therefore Fiverr always puts me high in the search results.

• Like 3
  • Up 5

2 hours ago, venonusa said:

what you say is 100% false and I see you didn't even read well what I wrote in the first message! so I invite you to read it.

I read, and understood, what you wrote. Nothing I wrote in reponse was false.

Please take note of the green-arrow agreement, on my response, from other forum veterans.

Based on what you said: freelancer has the responsibility to provide visibility to your own gig? Correct?

Being a freelancer means that your business success is 100% up to you, not someone else. 

have you ever asked to the dedicated Fiverr team if you can promote the gig with google ads? It is evident that you have never asked it......  because if they catch you promoting a gig with google ads they will block your account!

I don't understand how this applies to me. How is your claim about me "evident"?

I am well aware of Fiverr's rules and TOS.

So, now explain to me, how do you give visibility to your gig? and don't answer like other Fiverr freelancer "share your gig on social media " because you will going to make me laugh.

I manage my gigs according to what I have found works for me. And no, you don't need to know my methods. Do your own customer/competitor/market research, and find the ways that work -- specificallly -- for you. Again, you are a freelancer. Your business success is 100% up to you.

What works for me, will not work the same for you.

Fiverr is a platform similar to amazon, ebay, etsy, etccc

Um, no, it isn't. Fiverr is very much its own unique site.

these offer an ads service to promote your product because they know since there are so many sellers it is very probable that your product will not even be seen... 

Stop expecting Fiverr to be like other sites. It isn't. Learn how to work within the platform. Complaining that the site doesn't operate by your personal preferences is not helpful to your ability to succeed here. 

here it is not clear why Fiverr disables your Fiverr ads if they don't like your performance

Fiverr wants great sellers, with great performance. As was pointed out by @filipdevaere, your seller performance has been quite low lately:

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

I noticed that you received:

1 x 2-star review 2 weeks ago

3 x 3-star review 2 months ago

2 x 1-star reviews 2 months ago

3 x 1-star reviews 3 months ago

1 x 3-star review 3 months ago

This is probably the reason that you are going to the bottom of the search results.

Perhaps, Mr. Venomusa, if you improved your selller performance, Fiverr might choose to give you more on-site visibility.

Improve more, complain less. Fiverr wants great high-performing sellers. Be a great, high-performing seller.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 5
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, venonusa said:

in 1 day we got only 5 Votes 🤔 this means all freelancers are not interested in promoting their gigs to get more orders....     🤔   🤔   🤔 

Why should they promote their gigs when they work hard on improving their skills, creativity, quality of work, communication skills etc.. ? And they are getting orders too!

If you really do work hard on your gigs then you will be able to get more orders or more exposure to buyers (if your gigs are strong enough to grab buyers) and then there will be no need to promote your gigs via social media marketing, promoted gigs or any other medium. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by smartdezigns
Additional Content
  • Like 2
  • Up 3

8 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

@venonusa

I noticed that you received:

1 x 2-star review 2 weeks ago

3 x 3-star review 2 months ago

2 x 1-star reviews 2 months ago

3 x 1-star reviews 3 months ago

1 x 3-star review 3 months ago

This is probably the reason that you are going to the bottom of the search results.

Yes, but I have also received a lot of 5 stars reviews ... the reviews have a 60-day window life. 

7 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I read, and understood, what you wrote. Nothing I wrote in reponse was false.

Please take note of the green-arrow agreement, on my response, from other forum veterans.

Being a freelancer means that your business success is 100% up to you, not someone else. 

I don't understand how this applies to me. How is your claim about me "evident"?

I am well aware of Fiverr's rules and TOS.

I manage my gigs according to what I have found works for me. And no, you don't need to know my methods. Do your own customer/competitor/market research, and find the ways that work -- specificallly -- for you. Again, you are a freelancer. Your business success is 100% up to you.

What works for me, will not work the same for you.

Um, no, it isn't. Fiverr is very much its own unique site.

Stop expecting Fiverr to be like other sites. It isn't. Learn how to work within the platform. Complaining that the site doesn't operate by your personal preferences is not helpful to your ability to succeed here. 

Fiverr wants great sellers, with great performance. As was pointed out by @filipdevaere, your seller performance has been quite low lately:

Perhaps, Mr. Venomusa, if you improved your selller performance, Fiverr might choose to give you more on-site visibility.

Improve more, complain less. Fiverr wants great high-performing sellers. Be a great, high-performing seller.

However, I believe Fiverr should help Frellancers at least by leaving the promotion service active so that the Freelancer decides whether to activate it or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, venonusa said:

However, I believe Fiverr should help Frellancers at least by leaving the promotion service active so that the Freelancer decides whether to activate it or not.

The thing is that Fiverr wants only the "best of the best," as @mariashtelle1said, to be able to advertise and show up in the best spots because of it. If a buyer has a good experience with a seller, they're more likely to stay on the platform and spend more money. Fiverr believes that your gigs would not give buyers the best possible experience right now, and you can disagree with that, but that's how it is.

We can keep going around in circles but I doubt Fiverr is gonna change their mind about this any time soon. Not with the crazy amount of scammers still roaming the site (Not saying you're one, just saying that it would be a bad look for Fiverr if scammers are suddenly buying ads). 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

25 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Or, perhaps it just means that people are not interested in participating in your poll. Just because you post a poll on the forum, does not mean that everyone needs to be part of it.

Your statement is 100% false. You have the ability to take responsibility for your own gig visibility, and promote it, on your own, wherever else your target customers are located. It is unwise to expect Fiverr to do your work for you.

Fiverr does not owe you constant visibility. They want great sellers who take responsibility for their own success.

what you say is 100% false and I see you didn't even read well what I wrote in the first message! so I invite you to read it.

Based on what you said: freelancer has the responsibility to provide visibility to your own gig? Correct?   ...... have you ever asked to the dedicated Fiverr team if you can promote the gig with google ads? It is evident that you have never asked it......  because if they catch you promoting a gig with google ads they will block your account!
....So, now explain to me, how do you give visibility to your gig? and don't answer like other Fiverr freelancer "share your gig on social media " because you will going to make me laugh.

Fiverr is a platform similar to amazon, ebay, etsy, etccc these offer an ads service to promote your product because they know since there are so many sellers it is very probable that your product will not even be seen... 

Same thing happens on Fiverr, but here it is not clear why Fiverr disables your Fiverr ads if they don't like your performance

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

If you sell enough, Fiverr gives you visibility. 
Fiverr is a business. Businesses want to earn money. So Fiverr prefers to give visibility to the “better” sellers.  
In my case, I don’t use the "promoted gigs feature". I have a lot of orders and therefore Fiverr always puts me high in the search results.

We had months where we even reached 50 orders a day (this brought a lot money to Fiverr) then one day Fiverr put us to the last search pages... and after a few months again to the first results pages....  instead having a promotion service can compensate for the months where Fiverr puts your gig in uncomfortable positions...

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sadekmiah30 said:

when they will face that issues that time they will searched it 😞

the big problem is that if you can't promote your gigs no one will see your gigs... what's the point of being on a platform that doesn't offer you visibility?  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2