Should I change gig? Or create new gig?

karlaofficial

I have a gig in which I write UK formatted CV/resumes, and have 88 reviews so far, but I’m thinking to change the gig to remove the UK specific part and just offer to write CVs, cover letters etc. in English. Is it advisable to change a gig like this? Or would it be better to create a brand new gig (but that gig would have no reviews)? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you have seller plus you could check the keyword section to see if a lot of your orders are partly because of the "UK" in the search/title. If so, it might be better to keep it. If not then you could remove it (though the reviews are for UK CVs - it might make them a bit less relevant).

You could create an additional gig for USA/US etc. CVs. You could check gigs to see whether CV gigs with no country specified in the title tend to get more reviews/are more successful.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @karlaofficial,

I write resumes as well and I don't think it would hurt you to remove the "UK" from your title. I haven't seen that pop up when I do keyword research for resumes or CVs.

It's pretty obvious that I write in US English (and by default, I use the word "optimize" in my gig). However, buyers can specify which English I need to use (as well as the page size that will be required - letter size or A4), so that usually isn't a problem. I think for my first 100 reviews, most of my resumes were "optimised" for clients outside of the US and Canada. It took several months to reach my US customers because my gig seems to rotate between countries and regions (with several months in each region), but now a majority of my clients are in the US.

I did recently break up my resume gig into three separate gigs (resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles). Having a resume-only gig allows me to offer three tiers of pricing on my resumes, which allows me to have a higher price on my most popular package (the premium package for technical, academic, or executive resumes). It also allows me to increase my prices for LinkedIn Profiles. However, I'm not seeing any action on the new gigs and suddenly all requests to do multiple cover letters and LinkedIn profiles disappeared. So I might consider lumping the three back into the same gig again. These only need to be in separate gigs if I wanted to apply for Pro status.

For now I'll keep my gigs separate and see if my new gigs can gain traction in the marketplace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1