Calling on all sellers that sell LIVE SESSIONS

wiebesworks

Question

Whether it be music lessons, chess lessons like me, language lessons, any seller that has been on FIverr a while, running a business based on live sessions, will surely recognize the following problem:

A buyer that doesn't show up. Sometimes not just once, but twice after scheduling. Fiverr says it's not allowed to hit deliver, and if you do, you don't just risk a bad spite - review from the buyer, but also sanctions on your account from Fiverrs end. 

Can we please rally to put an end to this craziness? If i have 8 hours scheduled on a day, how can I deal with losing 50% of my income if people don't show up? 

Now I'm already very lenient, even if they don't show up once, even without notice, I still always offer to reschedule.. but a second time is too much...

Please let me know if you agree that Fiverr should accommodate and protect sellers from this type of buyers, and allow the order to be delivered or at least partially charged in case of a no-show.

Thanks yall, kind regards,

Wiebe

• Like 9

2 answers to this question

Dear fellow seller,

I can understand the frustration and financial burden that can come with the clients not showing up for scheduled sessions. I feel that it is a terrible waste of time for a professional like you.

Although I do not provide any live training sessions but I think I can feel your pain. As a seller, it can be disheartening to lose 50% of your daily income due to no-shows. I think that your approach to reschedule in the event of a missed session is really very kind. I suggest that you CLEARLY write in your gig description about your no-show policy. Like, write that you will not tolerate any late sessions and any penalties that you might have.

Sometimes people can forget their meeting, so you can send them a reminder through Fiverr messaging. Tell them beforehand to keep the Fiverr app installed on their device so that they receive the notification.

I believe that Fiverr should take steps to protect sellers from these types of buyers. Allowing orders to be delivered or partially charged in cases of no-shows would provide some financial security for sellers.

Thank you for raising this important matter. I hope we can find a solution together.

Edited by noirparliament_
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, noirparliament_ said:

Dear fellow seller,

I can understand the frustration and financial burden that can come with the clients not showing up for scheduled sessions. I feel that it is a terrible waste of time for a professional like you.

Although I do not provide any live training sessions but I think I can feel your pain. As a seller, it can be disheartening to lose 50% of your daily income due to no-shows. I think that your approach to reschedule in the event of a missed session is really very kind. I suggest that you CLEARLY write in your gig description about your no-show policy. Like, write that you will not tolerate any late sessions and any penalties that you might have.

Sometimes people can forget their meeting, so you can send them a reminder through Fiverr messaging. Tell them beforehand to keep the Fiverr app installed on their device so that they receive the notification.

I believe that Fiverr should take steps to protect sellers from these types of buyers. Allowing orders to be delivered or partially charged in cases of no-shows would provide some financial security for sellers.

Thank you for raising this important matter. I hope we can find a solution together.

Thanks for the advice, I am still hesitant because I wouldn't feel protected from a bad review if i deliver in a case like that, it's actually looking more likely that I would still face heat from Fiverr itself on top of that... Thanks for your support though! If enough people agree we can maybe make a somewhat pressing claim together

• Like 5
  • Up 1