Client threatened to report me for not wanting to communicate outside of Fiverr

jkhusuma

Question

Hi, recently I got an order out of nowhere and the buyer immediately rushes me to start contacting him through w**ts*pp, he has a business account and have more than 100 nice reviews of him, but I refuse to communicate and discuss project details with him outside of fiverr because this is a clear violation of Fiverr's terms and services and I'm not comfortable proceeding communications outside of Fiverr, then somehow my messages are flagged by Fiverr, probably due to my messages having some keywords that trigger Fiverr's system, and I think he saw that Fiverr cleared those messages and saw the message "Fiverr has cleared this message" and he took offence to that thinking that I reported him.
Now that I placed a cancellation order on him, he is more mad, and refuse my cancelation order, then made his own cancellation order saying that I'm trying to take his reputation and his account down and threatened to take further actions against me.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problems before?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jkhusuma said:

Hi, recently I got an order out of nowhere and the buyer immediately rushes me to start contacting him through w**ts*pp, he has a business account and have more than 100 nice reviews of him, but I refuse to communicate and discuss project details with him outside of fiverr because this is a clear violation of Fiverr's terms and services and I'm not comfortable proceeding communications outside of Fiverr, then somehow my messages are flagged by Fiverr, probably due to my messages having some keywords that trigger Fiverr's system, and I think he saw that Fiverr cleared those messages and saw the message "Fiverr has cleared this message" and he took offence to that thinking that I reported him.
Now that I placed a cancellation order on him, he is more mad, and refuse my cancelation order, then made his own cancellation order saying that I'm trying to take his reputation and his account down and threatened to take further actions against me.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problems before?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Hi too

Well it would be better if you contact Customer Support and request them to cancel the order on their own (if you really want to cancel the order) due to buyer's behavior. They will cancel it! But you did the right thing i.e. to not contact buyer outside Fiverr.. Buyer cannot do anything against your account because he is the one who has violated the rules (not you) so stay calm!

P.S. Discuss with Customer Support regarding your issue and order cancellation! Good Luck!

• Like 4

@jkhusuma 

When faced with such difficulties on Fiverr, it's always a safe bet to just contact customer support. 

I've dealt with a lot of difficult buyers and I know what my "do not break" threshold is.

If I feel like a client is getting close to that threshold, I stop all messages to them and contact support. 

Best to let support handle the situation when you feel like things are getting out of control. 

• Like 4