What are you looking forward to in February?

katakatica

It's been a while, but the ever-so-important topic is back! With winter finally going towards its end (which is exactly why it's snowing crazy here all morning, obviously) I'm slowly finding my energy again (for the most part. But that might be the coffee.) 

So...  I thought that we should bring back this wonderful little tradition and just think about a few things we're looking forward to in this upcoming month. Is it perhaps Valentine's day for some people? Or is it something else?

For me, personally, it's mostly going on a mini trip to Oslo in two weeks - still quite a bit away but I'm so excited. I haven't been yet and I'm always happy to explore new cities! January ended up with me doing a lot of new things (...I baked cookies for the first time... but also went flying in a wind tunnel which is probably more exciting) so compared to that, February will be a bit more tame, but I'm still very excited! Work-wise... There's a lot going on, but in the best way possible! 

But yeah, that's about me! What are you looking forward to this month? Is it something super exciting? Or is it perhaps just a break from work? 

• Like 39

Hey there,

I'm looking forward to improving my skills this month by learning video editing skill. I have enrolled myself in a course online and I am excited about it. I hope to use my newly learned skill to earn on Fiverr and offer better services to my clients. I also plan on taking care of my routine and giving my best in everything I do. I want to take life more seriously from now on!

Thank you.

• Like 17
  • Up 4

I know what I'm definitely NOT looking forward to... Turning 30... I'm starting to feel old when I look at that number, even if people say that I'm not.

But my parents are coming for it, so that's something to look forward to. And I'm going for a short trip to Cambridge to watch a live show with the YouTuber Dan Howell. Well, it was my anniversary present for my girlfriend--she loves that guy. I don't know too much about him, but it's gonna be fun, I think.

• Like 28

4 hours ago, katakatica said:

Hi there! It's great to hear that winter is finally on its way out and that you're starting to feel your energy return. That's definitely something to look forward to! I really love your conversation starters ☺️

For me, February is all about finding my true strength and work on my well-being. I'm also looking forward to trying some new restaurants and maybe taking a trip somewhere warm.

Work-wise, I'm hoping to wrap up my project management course module 5/6 and also completing my work portfolios that's been keeping me busy for the past few months. It's been a lot of work, but I'm excited to see the final result and move on to the next challenge.

Regardless, I hope February is a great one for you!

• Like 18

Planting broccoli and cabbage seeds for late spring crops. I hate winter and I love when February pops because one more month and I can start really properly thinking about Spring.

OH and my oldest is turning twenty next week, and for his birthday he invited me to go see a concert with him in Philly. It's not a band I would be interested in normally (hard rock), but we're going to get a hotel and explore the city a little bit the next day. It will be really fun. My first out-of-town day trip since my husband died, and those used to be my favorite things to do with my husband. We would take bus trips together and it felt like being kids again together for a little. It will be a different vibe with my son but I'm really looking forward to it 🙂

• Like 19
  • Up 3

I am looking for Punxatoni Phil from Pennsylvania. In other words, Groundhog Day! Will he see his shadow? If he sees his shadow, then we will have 6 more weeks of winter weather. You know, it is about 6 more weeks until Spring anyway. Go figure.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.eb2e46cbc9e35c09998bb49e3eba5690.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.eb2e46cbc9e35c09998bb49e3eba5690.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.eb2e46cbc9e35c09998bb49e3eba5690.jpg

Edited by kendal1747
  • Like 13
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Well, we haven't long got back from the stunning Florida sun.  And it's not until you get back home do you realise how bloody cold the UK is.  So more than anything else in February, I am looking forward to whether that goes above 6 degrees.  

I also need the the warm whether to get better, so I can wear my new holiday clothes some more before I get too fat to fit into them 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

Happy February, @katakatica!

10 hours ago, katakatica said:

For me, personally, it's mostly going on a mini trip to Oslo in two weeks - still quite a bit away but I'm so excited. I haven't been yet and I'm always happy to explore new cities! January ended up with me doing a lot of new things (...I baked cookies for the first time... but also went flying in a wind tunnel which is probably more exciting) so compared to that, February will be a bit more tame, but I'm still very excited! Work-wise... There's a lot going on, but in the best way possible! 

As always, you have a really exciting life!

Moving to Hawaii was the first trip I've taken in 3 1/2 years. We'll head out to Disney World during spring break (in March), so there isn't much going on in February. I could finish some home renovations, but I'm not that motivated at the moment. We went and saw some lava at the Volcano National Park and may head up to Mauna Kea to see the winter snow (it's funny that we come all the way to Hawaii to see snow!).

7 hours ago, vibronx said:

I know what I'm definitely NOT looking forward to... Turning 30... I'm starting to feel old when I look at that number, even if people say that I'm not.

You're a young 'un, @vibronx!

Now that I'm over 40, everyone's starting to look younger. 😊 Some say that life starts when you're 60, but looking at some of the older people in my life, 70 seems to be the optimal age.  So I can't wait until I'm a spunky 70-year-old! My aunt is 82 and she travels internationally to play pickle ball. She never stops moving. My great grandma lived all by herself until she was 107.

...so 30 years old, is pretty young! Enjoy it! By the time you get to your 40s, you unabashedly make loud groaning noises as you ease in and out of chairs. 

image.thumb.png.e02c2f2c3b9aa7c54ddd345b2933405c.png

• Like 12
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, newsmike said:

So Pat's or Geno's?

Last time I was there I got Pat's so it will be Geno's this time. But we have a steak place four miles from my house (I live near Harrisburg) that I've been eating since I was a kid and I like their steaks the very best. I'm a basic girl, I want steak, whiz, and the right roll, and there's literally no food on earth I like better. 

Thank you for asking 😁

• Like 13

Just now, rachelbostwick said:

Last time I was there I got Pat's so it will be Geno's this time. But we have a steak place four miles from my house (I live near Harrisburg) that I've been eating since I was a kid and I like their steaks the very best. I'm a basic girl, I want steak, whiz, and the right roll, and there's literally no food on earth I like better. 

Thank you for asking 😁

I knew you were a wit kinda person Rach. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, maheennadeem814 said:

I'm also looking forward to trying some new restaurants and maybe taking a trip somewhere warm.

That sounds super fun! We discovered a new place in the area we usually hang out at just recently that has awesome skewers and really lovely sides! We go out a fair bit but some of our usual places have closed so it was nice to find some new stuff. 

To be honest what's bothersome here is the lack of light - it's honestly not easy to get used to and we have it double because the balcony where my office is has been under construction for six months now, so I have to cover the windows up! Soon though they'll be gone!

17 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

Planting broccoli and cabbage seeds for late spring crops.

Gosh, you make me want to try and plant some stuff in our flat (maybe on the balcony...if we ever get it back!) I've been trying to keep the fresh herbs we get longer but so far I haven't had much luck, but it'd be nice to figure out a way not to have to buy them weekly/bi-weekly. 

I hope your trip goes well!

20 hours ago, vibronx said:

I know what I'm definitely NOT looking forward to... Turning 30...

Eh, being young is overrated. (I'm saying because I'll be joining you in the 30ies club in two and a half years lol). Honestly, I'm slightly dreading turning 28 because 27 was my lucky number (yeah, I'm odd...) but there's so much fun going on that I try not to focus on time passing. 

Hope you guys have fun at Dan's show - I've only somewhat followed him over the years but I'm sure it'll be cool! We did a spa getaway for our anniversary that was honestly much-needed (probably mostly because of how cold it is in our apartment almost all the time lol) but next year I'm gonna try to organise a trip to Svalbard! 

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

As always, you have a really exciting life!

Happy February!
Honestly, a little. I think it's nice to sort of reflect on things as well as they happen and share (I really ought to pick up blogging or at least journalling!) It's funny because the past two years have been the most stable (both emotionally and literally since I moved the least) for me in a long time, but I guess that's why I'm able to do so much extra stuff? 

Honestly, a somewhat chill month in Hawaii still sounds amazing! But I bet you guys are looking forward to March the most, then! (I'm a huge Disney nerd so I know I would be.) It's funny but I still get giddy whenever it starts to snow here, even if it gets old really quickly (slippery slopes don't work well with 0 depth perception!)

• Like 12

February is a big birthday month in my household, so I'm looking forward to celebrating with family. My eldest turns 25! Besides work, most of the rest of the month is full of packing and getting ready to move. It's finally happening this year. Time for a fresh start.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, katakatica said:

I've been trying to keep the fresh herbs we get longer but so far I haven't had much luck, but it'd be nice to figure out a way not to have to buy them weekly/bi-weekly. 

Oh gosh, I don't know if you can get Aerogardens or a similar aeroponic system where you are, but listen, I have had soooo much fun with mine growing herbs healthy and strong right in my room. I have had very good luck with indoor lettuce in a system like this, too. The initial investment is not super cost-effective but it's SO FUN. I got my first little system on clearance for half off so I got lucky.

PXL_20230131_030427043.jpg

Edited by rachelbostwick
  • Like 12

Looks like February will be quite busy.

I just bought a car that I call “McLaren from AliExpress” 😂, we still need to get a second family car and we probably will have it in a week. 
Im travelling to Bahrain this weekend, next weekend friends coming over, then going to Istanbul. And end of February my husband’s family is coming over, 7 people! So it will be a pretty busy month. 
And in theory in a couple of days here should be a pool weather again and I’m really looking forward to that. 

• Like 13

Hi everyone,

February is a great month to look forward to, with various exciting events and holidays. Personally, I'm looking forward to:

1. Celebrating Valentine's Day and spending quality time with loved ones.
  2. The start of spring, with warmer weather and more opportunities to get outside.
  3. Planning and setting new personal and professional goals for the rest of the year.
  4. Trying out new hobbies and learning new skills.

What about you guys? What are you looking forward to in February?

• Like 7
  • Up 2

12 hours ago, katakatica said:

That sounds super fun! We discovered a new place in the area we usually hang out at just recently that has awesome skewers and really lovely sides! We go out a fair bit but some of our usual places have closed so it was nice to find some new stuff. 

To be honest what's bothersome here is the lack of light - it's honestly not easy to get used to and we have it double because the balcony where my office is has been under construction for six months now, so I have to cover the windows up! Soon though they'll be gone!

That's great to hear that you discovered a new place with delicious food! I understand how it can be frustrating to deal with lack of light, especially when it affects your work space. But it's great to hear that the construction will be done soon and you'll be able to enjoy the natural light again. ☺️

• Like 10

I don't think there's much going on in February.
But sadly I believe my favorite restaurant will be closing this month, so I'll need to go there again soon.
After that's done, I need to look for a new place! I really, really liked that restaurant so I think it will be hard to find a place
that will be equally satisfying. 

Oh, you know what, I got this special discount ticket so I'll be using and will be getting a massage every weekend!! 😍

• Like 9