Jump to content

I Wonder how a newbie will get orders in a pool of pro and sellers with more than 100 reviews?


imti_shigree

Recommended Posts

I am new on the platform, I have  heard a lot about it from my colleagues and friends so I decided to Start working on fiverr .  But I got astonished when I came to know  that I have to compete with sellers with 10 years of Presence on the platform who had built an impressive portfolio.  So I wonder how can I get orders when there are 100k sellers in the niche  with good reviews and ranking high in each category and subcategory.  

 

As well  the SEO and ranking factors are also more inclined towards old sellers.

So gist of the question is that, is there any mechanism in fiverr other than the Traditional gig optimization and staying online to get in front of the seller? 

TIA

Imtiaz Shigree 

  • Like 6
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, imti_shigree said:

But I got astonished when I came to know  that I have to compete with sellers with 10 years of Presence on the platform who had built an impressive portfolio

You were surprised that there would be service competition in a global freelance marketplace? This should not have been a suprise. There are great sellers here, and the best sellers usually bring in the most clients. This is how Capitalism works.

4 minutes ago, imti_shigree said:

So I wonder how can I get orders when there are 100k sellers in the niche  with good reviews and ranking high in each category and subcategory. 

Be a great seller who, offers a great service, that your target customers need. This is how business and Capitalism works.

5 minutes ago, imti_shigree said:

is there any mechanism in fiverr other than the Traditional gig optimization and staying online to get in front of the seller? 

Of course. Be a great seller whom your target customers need to hire.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

You were surprised that there would be service competition in a global freelance marketplace? This should not have been a suprise. There are great sellers here, and the best sellers usually bring in the most clients. This is how Capitalism works.

Be a great seller who, offers a great service, that your target customers need. This is how business and Capitalism works.

Of course. Be a great seller whom your target customers need to hire.

I respect your opinion,  my question was about a new seller Who might be a pro in his /her domain but new to the freelancing marketplace.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, imti_shigree said:

my question was about a new seller Who might be a pro in his /her domain but new to the freelancing marketplace.

If you're a pro in your domain, surely you have an impressive portfolio to show.

I see that you're a digital marketing specialist with proven track record in the industry. In that case, you certainly know how to market your Fiverr business to potential customers. What you need is to find a way to stand out and look unique to the crowd...and since that's exactly what you're offering to your clients, you should be able to do it for yourself, too.

  • Like 4
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very new too.  But, I just did what I have done everywhere else.  I looked at other sellers that seemed to have done well in my category.  I entered keyword rich data relevant to my topic in my profile.  Tomorrow, I am going to revise my gig titles and increase the number of words in the gig descriptions as I have barely used half of the allowable characters. I also added skills in the skills tagging area which I had not had until today.  I also did a little research on success stories and followed some of that advice and watching a success story video right now.  I updated my facebook personal page to have my fiverr profile link and then some of my other social media drives people to Facebook or linkedin. So, i will monitor views and then clicks and see what happens.  I noticed most of my competition has delivered a gig within the last two weeks. I will most likely do some graphic changes as well in the near future. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, catwriter said:

If you're a pro in your domain, surely you have an impressive portfolio to show.

I see that you're a digital marketing specialist with proven track record in the industry. In that case, you certainly know how to market your Fiverr business to potential customers. What you need is to find a way to stand out and look unique to the crowd...and since that's exactly what you're offering to your clients, you should be able to do it for yourself, too.

I like it!  Actually I'm trying my best from last two months but all my efforts are in vain so I share the experience here.  I appreciate and respect your feedback. 

Thanks and warn regards 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, minordetails said:

I am very new too.  But, I just did what I have done everywhere else.  I looked at other sellers that seemed to have done well in my category.  I entered keyword rich data relevant to my topic in my profile.  Tomorrow, I am going to revise my gig titles and increase the number of words in the gig descriptions as I have barely used half of the allowable characters. I also added skills in the skills tagging area which I had not had until today.  I also did a little research on success stories and followed some of that advice and watching a success story video right now.  I updated my facebook personal page to have my fiverr profile link and then some of my other social media drives people to Facebook or linkedin. So, i will monitor views and then clicks and see what happens.  I noticed most of my competition has delivered a gig within the last two weeks. I will most likely do some graphic changes as well in the near future. 

Hi thanks for your opinion.  I did all these and repeat but all in vain. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, imti_shigree said:

Hi thanks for your opinion.  I did all these and repeat but all in vain. 

So you checked the traffic and you do not even have any impressions?   It might just take time.  See what happens after a week and then if no changes, maybe come back and find additional help.  Maybe try a gig in a category that does not overlap a lot with whatever you have that is not working.  Wish you luck.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, imti_shigree said:

my question was about a new seller Who might be a pro in his /her domain but new to the freelancing marketplace.

Why would this freelancing marketplace be foreign to a "pro in his/her domain". This entire site exists to offer the services of pros in their domains.

  • Like 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of observations on the lack of sales.  I think spelling is important. You are a "Campaign" not "Campign" Manager expert. And a "Social" not "Socail" media Coordinator.  Check the graphics and fix those. Read through the text again.  On the campaign manager one on services offered, it says you are a Facefook Ads Manger, so correct that.  But, go through everything and check spelling.  Check the competition - you say you did it, but if you cannot see things that pop off the other sellers page compared to yours, that might be a concern.  Here is an example of what I saw in one minute.  Another user has a graphic and uses bullets with basically what you offer in the basic package.  Bullets are Ads setup, target audience, ads optimization, pixel setup.  So, you might change it and add keyword research as that is really important to the buyer.  I am not even sure if I can post the other seller here so I will not, but all the other services this seller offers are in the gig so a buyer might contact this seller about those as well.  My background is selling on eBay and Amazon and Etsy for many years. You sound clearly to have the experience and I have done facebook ads myself, so I know.  I would keep it simple and focus that one gig only on Facebook and take Instagram out.  I thought it made it a little confusing and I am not sure if that was a concern or not for people, but I can guarantee you that my advice will not get you less sales. Maybe put all of your recent metrics into excel and then put a row for changes made by section. Think of this as marketing for lead generation and if you can improve how you perform on Fiverr you might do better elsewhere.  I assume you do have sales from another medium or work for someone.  In the term of service for Fiverr, are sellers allowed to offer FB ads manager services to Fiverr sellers?  I do not know but that seems like that would be a great offering and I see people offering gig promotion. And, what about expanding slightly and creating a gig that you promote a sellers Amazon, Etsy, or eBay listing using Facebook Ads. Then you have all of these new keywords.  Maybe that would be a phase two.  But, fix your spelling, maybe do a new graphic and review multiple competitors and identify what stands out in their gig and incorporate some of the text into yours - not copy, just pick words and rewrite some of your ads.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...