Copy paste

rehanrans

7 hours ago, melanielm said:

Do people really hire others to copy-paste things for them? I can't imagine who would need this and why.

I have a regular data entry customer who asks me to move content from one column to another on the same table. He also asks me to combine or split PDF files even though I tell him he can do this easily for himself, for free. Just thinking about doing this kind of work is disheartening for him and it tickles him pink that I don't mind getting paid to do this tedious work for him. He is my highest paying, highest tipping, and most appreciative customer and is willing to pay more than what I can get for resumes. It's really fun working with him! 🥰

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, melanielm said:

Thanks for the explanation Vickie. It makes sense to outsource busy work. 

I think it's important to note that in addition to the "busy work," I also look for other opportunities to help my clients out. If I don't think what they are asking me to do is the best solution, I'll suggest a better one. Many of my clients mentioned that they prefer to have me do their data entry because I'll tell them "You are asking me to do ___ but you want to accomplish ___. So what you really need to do is ___."

It doesn't look like many data entry sellers are thinking about their client's work in that manner. If they could see what their clients really needed and catered to those needs instead of just doing the busy work, they might get more business.

The relationships that I have with the client I mentioned above is wonderful. He trusts me to the point that he just sends me the files and waits for me to tell him exactly what needs to be done and how much it'll cost him. He has never balked at the prices that I give him because for him, I'm providing more value than just the busy work. He no longer needs to think about what needs to be done.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:59 AM, rehanrans said:

Easy to work at this platform 

@rehanrans - If you want to start earning money, you'll have to set up your gigs so that you get paid for your work. Also, earning money on this platform is not easy. Even though copy/paste is an easy task, running a competitive business is not. With so many other sellers offering the same services as you, it will take a lot of effort to make yourself stand out from the pack.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

First I see the title, then read the first post, got REALLY confused, had the same question as @jonbaas did,  then dear @maitasun answered the question for me (thank you), and the rest of the post was quite entertaining to read. 
Also I gotta say, knowing that Vickie has joined Fiverr rather recently and yet she is doing very well as a relatively new seller, it really shows that new sellers can get orders too. You just need to know what you can do, and also understand how business works, and what "professionalism" means! I'm glad you have a great customer too 😄 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1