Sorry to see that new AI category

anaraliyev

20 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I am referring to the AI-generated text that many of the Forum users use. It is very apparent that they are using it as it does not sound natural compared to their "normal" posts.

Yes they can sometimes sound not like normal posts. Here's a reply using the source perplexity.ai that passed copyleaks's AI content detector (it thought it was Human written text) 🙂

This was just a test to see if it could do it in a very different style and that would pass AI content detectors.

From perplexity.ai:

My fellow forum dweller, Thine observation of the use of AI-generated text in our midst doth not escape mine eye. Verily, 'tis apparent that such artifice doth lack the natural cadence of our "normal" posts. Thee speaketh true, for the voice of these contrivances doth lack the warmth of human expression and doth bear the mark of artifice. Mayhaps, 'tis a sign of the times, where the hand of technology doth reach into the very heart of our discourse, shaping our words in its own image. Let us ponder upon this curious development, for 'tis a matter that toucheth the essence of our communication. Shall we embrace this new companion in our midst, or doth it threaten to rob us of our unique voice? Thee hath raised a matter of great import, and I am compelled to join thee in contemplation of this unfolding tale. With regards, UK1000

So if we see forum posts written in Shakespearean English that pass AI content detectors it might still be AI 🙂

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I have yet to look at your profile or gigs, but Fiverr's TOS says that if you use AI-generated text on your profile, you must cite the source, too. 

Thank you for mentioning it.
All of my gigs were generated by an AI, but I made the main content and asked the AI to review it and make it more optimized for search, and each time it added some keyword to the text. Therefore, I wonder if Fiverr could tag my profile as AI-generated or something like that. And could it be the cause of not showing my gigs?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

but Fiverr's TOS says that if you use AI-generated text on your profile, you must cite the source, too.

I don't think the current TOS page mentions AI generated text on the profile. Maybe it was in an earlier version of the TOS or community standards page or maybe it was recommended in one of the webinars?

Though it does say this:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

so it must be authentic but it doesn't say not to use AI to help in that section (or a grammar checker etc).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

so it must be authentic but it doesn't say not to use AI to help in that section (or a grammar checker etc).

And yet, as a proofreader, my SPM has told me I cannot rewrite any seller's gig or profile descriptions. I can only correct the English conventions.  So, is it okay for a robot to do what I, as a seller, cannot? 

32 minutes ago, startalent2024 said:

All of my gigs were generated by an AI, but I made the main content and asked the AI to review it and make it more optimized for search, and each time it added some keyword to the text. Therefore, I wonder if Fiverr could tag my profile as AI-generated or something like that. And could it be the cause of not showing my gigs?

I do not have the answer to that. However, I know that "keyword stuffing" is real, and Google does not favor such content in its search algorithm. But I am not sure how Fiverr's algorithm works. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe a staff member can say what the rules are with that. If it's not doing much different to spelllchecking or grammar checking it might be okay. If it's doing a lot of writing/rewriting of it then it might not. Fiverr should really put in the community standards or TOS exactly what the rules are for it with gig descriptions and profiles too.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1