Sorry to see that new AI category

anaraliyev

Сreating an opportunity for people to make money on stolen art with no effort is something unrespectful against REAL artists. 

It is my point of view. I am not an illustrator or artists. I am just 3D sculptor. But I still feel sorry, that Fiverr has done such thing. Yeah, money is the most improtant, but it won't come without artists which use this platform

Yeah and that will be funny when someone notices his art in AI "artists" gig and reports him for using it without permission

Edited by anaraliyev
  • Like 12

I 100% agree. My opinion of Fiverr has hit rock bottom (or maybe not, I'm sure they'll do something to make me dislike them even more) following the introduction of the AI categories. 

I thought Fiverr valued the skills and creativity of human beings, given that this is ultimately what generates their revenue. But I guess chasing the latest trend was more important to them as a company. 

• Like 13
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

It's not just AI art, it's AI content writing, proofreading, editing and so on.

Though the proofreading & editing section seems to be for people (not proofreading/editing by AI).

eg. when you go to the AI Content Editing section that says "Give your AI-generated content the human touch with content editing" under it. The fact checking link in the AI section of the home page is also for human fact checkers I think.

ai-content-editing-section-b.jpg.e3646f411e6eee7d6b5f3b35aa78fc21.jpg

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, vibronx said:

I thought Fiverr valued the skills and creativity of human beings, given that this is ultimately what generates their revenue. But I guess chasing the latest trend was more important to them as a company. 

It would appear that it's also down to the amount of $ they believe they can earn from AI.  Since the webinar a few weeks ago, Fiverr have had every opportunity to set out clear and unambiguous guidance on the use of AI. but the silence from them is deafening.  It's almost like the shackles have been released, and we're working in a lawless arena.

It's a really sad state of affairs as Fiverr had a real opportunity to market itself as a platform that provided genuine freelancing services, which could have been an awesome USP.  Instead,it has followed suit with everyone else, and after only a few weeks the way this is going to play out is looking pretty grim! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 9
  • Up 3

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, nayemmahmud said:

Getting your first order on Fiverr can be exciting and challenging. Here are some steps you can take to increase your chances of getting that initial order:

Where did you copy this from? According to Fiverr Forum Rules, you must give credit to where you copied it from. 

Rule #8 says: Post original material that is not AI-generated. If you post information taken from the Fiverr site or other places, cite its source.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, vickiespencer said:

Where did you copy this from? According to Fiverr Forum Rules, you must give credit to where you copied it from. 

Rule #8 says: Post original material that is not AI-generated. If you post information taken from the Fiverr site or other places, cite its source.

Vickie, why would you assume that he stole that, after all, he is an "SEO and eCommerce" expert according to his profile, and has been on platform since 2017 with a grand total of zero sales?  Plus, his profile states that he is also fluent in English, so there's that as well.  

• Like 17
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Vickie, why would you assume that he stole that, after all, he is an "SEO and eCommerce" expert according to his profile, and has been on platform since 2017 with a grand total of zero sales?  Plus, his profile states that he is also fluent in English, so there's that as well.  

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, sonam_abro said:

Getting your first order on Fiverr can be a bit challenging, but here are some tips to help you get started:

1. *Create a Strong Profile:* Make sure your profile is complete, professional, and showcases your skills effectively. Use a friendly profile picture and write a compelling bio.

2. *Offer a Niche Service:* Focus on a specific service or skill that you excel in. Having a specialized offering can help you stand out from the competition.

3. *Create High-Quality Gigs:* Craft well-written gig descriptions that clearly explain what you're offering. Use high-quality images or videos to showcase your work.

4. *Competitive Pricing:* Initially, consider setting your prices at a competitive rate to attract potential buyers. As you gain more experience and positive reviews, you can gradually increase your prices.

5. *Optimize Keywords:* Use relevant keywords in your gig title and description to make it easier for potential clients to find you in Fiverr's search results.

6. *Promote Your Gigs:* Share your Fiverr gigs on social media platforms or in relevant online communities to increase visibility.

7. *Send Buyer Requests:* Fiverr allows you to send proposals to buyer requests that match your skills. Craft personalized and well-written proposals to stand out.

8. *Deliver High-Quality Work:* Once you receive an order, make sure to deliver exceptional work promptly. Positive reviews and ratings are crucial for attracting more clients.

9. *Be Patient:* Getting your first order might take some time, so be patient and persistent. Keep refining your profile and offerings based on feedback.

10. *Stay Active in the Fiverr Community:* Engage with the Fiverr community by participating in the forum and discussions. Networking with other users can lead to potential opportunities.

Remember that building a reputation on Fiverr takes time, so focus on delivering great work and building positive relationships with your clients.

Where did you steal this AI written piece from?  This is certainly not written by you, and you are most certainly not "Native/Bilingual" level in English.

image.thumb.png.6b8169897296dea867ffa3f997f985ee.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 13
  • Up 2

51 minutes ago, newsmike said:

... this AI written piece from? 

While it might be AI content, the AI content detectors aren't accurate, and without naming the AI content detector it can't be checked for accuracy. So an AI content detector's results aren't proof of whether it is or isn't AI content.

eg. here's a different result from writer.com/ai-content-detector which says that same content is 100% human generated (up to point 8 as it only checks 1500 chars).

ai-content-detector-results-19-08-2023.thumb.jpg.61a20e628c53cfa815da77658716976a.jpg

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

While it might be AI content, the AI content detectors aren't accurate, and without naming the AI content detector it can't be checked for accuracy. So an AI content detector's results aren't proof of whether it is or isn't AI content.

eg. here's a different result from writer.com/ai-content-detector which says that same content is 100% human generated.

ai-content-detector-results-19-08-2023.thumb.jpg.61a20e628c53cfa815da77658716976a.jpg

Are you seriously suggesting that that was written by the person who posted it? I use https://copyleaks.com/   which is standard for among others:

image.thumb.png.9eb8295e85fc22ac30e0f7e96105d03c.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Are you seriously suggesting that that was written by the person who posted it? 

No. But I'm also saying that the AI content detectors can't be relied on for accuracy so aren't proof of whether it's AI content.

Which did you use and have you checked it for accuracy or has it been checked by others for accuracy?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12

Just now, uk1000 said:

No. But I'm also saying that the AI content detectors can't be relied on for accuracy.

Which did you use and have you checked it for accuracy or has it been checked by others for accuracy?

see above, edited to answer. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, sonam_abro said:

Getting your first order on Fiverr can be a bit challenging, but here are some tips to help you get started:

1. *Create a Strong Profile:* Make sure your profile is complete, professional, and showcases your skills effectively. Use a friendly profile picture and write a compelling bio.

2. *Offer a Niche Service:* Focus on a specific service or skill that you excel in. Having a specialized offering can help you stand out from the competition.

3. *Create High-Quality Gigs:* Craft well-written gig descriptions that clearly explain what you're offering. Use high-quality images or videos to showcase your work.

4. *Competitive Pricing:* Initially, consider setting your prices at a competitive rate to attract potential buyers. As you gain more experience and positive reviews, you can gradually increase your prices.

5. *Optimize Keywords:* Use relevant keywords in your gig title and description to make it easier for potential clients to find you in Fiverr's search results.

6. *Promote Your Gigs:* Share your Fiverr gigs on social media platforms or in relevant online communities to increase visibility.

7. *Send Buyer Requests:* Fiverr allows you to send proposals to buyer requests that match your skills. Craft personalized and well-written proposals to stand out.

8. *Deliver High-Quality Work:* Once you receive an order, make sure to deliver exceptional work promptly. Positive reviews and ratings are crucial for attracting more clients.

9. *Be Patient:* Getting your first order might take some time, so be patient and persistent. Keep refining your profile and offerings based on feedback.

10. *Stay Active in the Fiverr Community:* Engage with the Fiverr community by participating in the forum and discussions. Networking with other users can lead to potential opportunities.

Remember that building a reputation on Fiverr takes time, so focus on delivering great work and building positive relationships with your clients.

Question for you: How do you know that these tips are effective when you have made Zero Sales on Fiverr since April 2023? Stop guiding others because you are in position to do due to zero experience.

P.S. Your comment has been Reported!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, nayemmahmud said:

Getting your first order on Fiverr can be exciting and challenging. Here are some steps you can take to increase your chances of getting that initial order:

This post is AI-generated and therefore breaks Forum Rule #8. You have been reported. 
Readtherules.thumb.png.e2d289ae3c869b184e0e35155b167111.png

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Do you need more proof than that? 

The text I checked in that and that shows in that screenshot is from newsmike's post in this thread (not anyone else's). He wrote that text and that AI checker says "AI content detected" and "72.1% probability of AI" (for newsmike's post - with no quote from anyone else in the checked text). It can't be accurate if newsmike actually wrote the text shown in that check himself.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Up 2