Sorry to see that new AI category

anaraliyev

Сreating an opportunity for people to make money on stolen art with no effort is something unrespectful against REAL artists. 

It is my point of view. I am not an illustrator or artists. I am just 3D sculptor. But I still feel sorry, that Fiverr has done such thing. Yeah, money is the most improtant, but it won't come without artists which use this platform

Yeah and that will be funny when someone notices his art in AI "artists" gig and reports him for using it without permission

Edited by anaraliyev
  • Like 10

I 100% agree. My opinion of Fiverr has hit rock bottom (or maybe not, I'm sure they'll do something to make me dislike them even more) following the introduction of the AI categories. 

I thought Fiverr valued the skills and creativity of human beings, given that this is ultimately what generates their revenue. But I guess chasing the latest trend was more important to them as a company. 

• Like 11
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

It's not just AI art, it's AI content writing, proofreading, editing and so on.

Though the proofreading & editing section seems to be for people (not proofreading/editing by AI).

eg. when you go to the AI Content Editing section that says "Give your AI-generated content the human touch with content editing" under it. The fact checking link in the AI section of the home page is also for human fact checkers I think.

ai-content-editing-section-b.jpg.e3646f411e6eee7d6b5f3b35aa78fc21.jpg

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, vibronx said:

I thought Fiverr valued the skills and creativity of human beings, given that this is ultimately what generates their revenue. But I guess chasing the latest trend was more important to them as a company. 

It would appear that it's also down to the amount of $ they believe they can earn from AI.  Since the webinar a few weeks ago, Fiverr have had every opportunity to set out clear and unambiguous guidance on the use of AI. but the silence from them is deafening.  It's almost like the shackles have been released, and we're working in a lawless arena.

It's a really sad state of affairs as Fiverr had a real opportunity to market itself as a platform that provided genuine freelancing services, which could have been an awesome USP.  Instead,it has followed suit with everyone else, and after only a few weeks the way this is going to play out is looking pretty grim! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 6
  • Up 2