Hello everyone! I'm new to Fiverr!

funkyfamily

I'm Wyatt! The least I could say is I'm very excited to get started being a productive seller of voiceovers here on this platform. To any experienced voice actors out there on Fiverr, I'm having a tough time even being seen; Is there any tips that aren't extremely obvious that I could be missing? I'm sure this topic has been BEAT to a pulp but I'm also using this to get acquainted with other sellers. Thanks everybody, I hope you have a beautiful and productive day here on Fiverr!!!!

• Like 8

Hi, Wyatt. Welcome to Fiverr! I'm not a voice actor at all, but I do have a little info for you. So, since you are new, it will definitely be hard for you to be seen at first. There are quite a number of voice actors on this platform, and it can't be determined how far along the list your gig will be seen. Try not get discouraged and try not to expect too much. Sometimes, orders take time. Use this forum to do more research and get other advice. Stay committed and positive!

Edited by words_to_wow
extra
  • Like 9

21 hours ago, funkyfamily said:

Is there any tips that aren't extremely obvious that I could be missing?

In your voice over gig on your profile some of the text in the video thumbnail gets cut off. In that gig the description is a bit short. There's no FAQ (maybe in that you could say what type of file you deliver, eg. .mp3 or .wav).

In your Fiverr profile there's no description. I think most of the top selling voice over sellers have their profile description filled in.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Hey Wyatt. I notice that your gig video is in stereo, and when played back it is left channel only but your second sample is mono so it plays from both speakers. You should always work in mono for VO.  Maybe record a few demos to show your range and place them after you greeting to take full advantage of the 75 seconds allowed. And in your video you smile, but your profile pic is not happy, I'd take another with a nice smile.

Good luck. 

• Like 8

Everybody! you guys are awesome! Hey @newsmike it's funny you say that. I imported my audio from that video into my editing software and noticed the same thing. Whoops! That screws that video up pretty bad! Guess it's time to make a new one? hah no biggie, just more practice for me! @vickiespencer Hey! audios bad, but a solid smile fixes it right?! meh. I guess not lol. time to fix that! thanks:) @words_to_wowYou have a GREAT smile too! 🙂 @webdesignwp202Dude! you're the man, thanks for the positive words!! 🙂

• Like 6