HOW DO I STOP GETTING CHEATED BY BUYERS?

shopifycabal

Question

Hello there, I need someone to advise me please.

This is the second time this is happening to me. I work and and do my best only for a buyer to say they want more than what's in the gig package or they ask for a service I'm not offering. The 1st buyer was evasive and not honest. The 2nd disregarded the information I gave him plus the gig package and asked for what isn't there. This led to both of them cancelling the orders after I've worked so hard. It's frustrating.

Note: I made things very clear to them and gave them as much direction and information as they needed.

• Like 5

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, blazegoldburst said:

It sounds like you have been experiencing some frustrating situations with buyers on Fiverr. Here are a few pointers to help you avoid getting cheated by buyers in the future:

1. Be clear and specific in your gig description: Make sure that you provide detailed information about the services you offer and what is included in your gig package. This will help buyers understand what they can expect from your gig and prevent them from asking for additional services or revisions.
  2. Communicate with your buyers: Before starting a gig, make sure to have a clear conversation with the buyer about their expectations and what you can provide. This will help you set clear boundaries and avoid any confusion later on.
  3. Be prepared to set boundaries: Even with clear communication, some buyers may still try to take advantage of you. Be prepared to set boundaries and stick to them, even if it means canceling the gig.
  4. Keep records of your work and communication: Keep a record of your work and all the communication with the buyers, this can be helpful in case of disputes.
  5. Report any suspicious activity: If you suspect that a buyer is trying to cheat you, report it to Fiverr's customer support team. They will investigate the situation and take appropriate action.

It's important to keep in mind that not all buyers will be a perfect fit for you, and that's okay. By following these pointers and being proactive in your communication and documentation, you can reduce the chances of getting cheated by buyers and have a more positive experience on Fiverr.

This is very helpful. Thank you very much.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ninasophiawerth said:

Hello shopifycabal,

sorry to read this.

Have a look here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010108157-What-does-my-order-status-mean?segment=seller

Dispute

When an order is marked in Dispute, it means the resolution center was used to request one of the following...

Maybe you can find a solution/ help.

Good luck 🍀

Thanks a lot.

• Like 4