Gig rotation

expressdesign01

Question

Hello! good day

My account was created in September 2022. My account was fine from September to December 20th. During that time I received 18 orders. 17 of them received very good reviews and one received no reviews. The account was well maintained and my account was always in the top 10 pages. But suddenly my account went to last pages. Giga is very hard to find. When the account was good, it had 500-1000 impressions, now it's like 5-10.

I know this is a FIVERR rotation situation. But my account is a new account. So there are no repeat buyers. No orders for over a month. Why is FIVERR doing this to us after doing such a good job?

How long will it take to recover from this condition? Need good feedback again to get the account back to normal?

I have no orders to review because there are no buyers. What should I do about it? please help me

Screenshot 2023-01-23 05373.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 053654.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

8 answers to this question

Well I guess, just have some patience.

I mean you signed up in September and already got 18 orders with a top 5 star rating, I think that's already pretty good for a fresh start. People usually wait even a full year to get their first order, and hope to get a review. Not everyone is willing to leave a review, 70% of the orders I have don't have a review. Fully satisfied customers but they might not want to share their name or what they ordered.

So I would just wait, I mean you got many reviews on your gig, a 5 star rating and you started 3 months ago. I might say you're living the dream of many.

• Like 5

You need to face the reality.

You provide services in the "logo business." When I search for "logo design" on Fiverr, I find 227,317 services available on Fiverr.

Do you really think that you will be continuously visible on the first 10 pages, while you only received 18 orders? 
You have an average of 4 to 5 orders in 1 month. Besides that, the start prices of your gigs are very low.

Fiverr is a business. Businesses want to earn money. Fiverr cannot make a lot of profit if you sell less than 5 (cheap) gigs every month. They gave you a chance, and now they let other sellers (there are more than 200,000 logo designers) take your place in the search results. 

As long as you are not going to sell more, then the chance to get back on top of the search results will be very low.

• Like 11

Hi @expressdesign01,

Gig rotations is a perfectly normal thing on Fiverr. 

Here's my personal experience, about 6-8 months back, I had about 50ish reviews and was very proud of my progress; I thought I was going to the very top!

I decided to see what my competitors are doing, to see whether I'm making real progress in the market. Lo and behold, I found a competitor who copy & pasted my entire gig. He had 20ish reviews and was undercutting my prices.

I wasn't that upset in the beginning, until I switched to my buyer account and searched for my service. My competitor (the one who copied my gig and was undercutting my prices) featured at the very top of the page and my gig couldn't be found at all. I tried to find my gig and it was in page 2 or page 3 of search results. 

I was really angry and felt it unfair that Fiverr would feature them instead of me. I contacted Fiverr support and they explained that Fiverr does gig rotations every once in a while to give new sellers a chance. Essentially, there was nothing I could do. 

Since there was nothing I could do, I decided to focus on my work and provide quality services to my clients.

Now, I have 100+ reviews and am content with where I'm at. 

In summary:

• You can't avoid gig rotations, if it happens to you, it will happen to someone else
  • Since there's nothing you can do about it, focus on what you do and do it well

All the best!

Cheng Li

Edited by licheng906
Spelling error
  • Like 7

On 1/22/2023 at 6:10 PM, expressdesign01 said:

Why is FIVERR doing this to us after doing such a good job?

Are you asking why Fiverr also provides exposure for other sellers? You are thinking about this all wrong. There is no solution, there is nothing to recover from. Sometimes you are on page 1, while others are not. Then it rotates. 

• Like 6

my account is new too but fiverr is not even ranking my gigs at all. no impressions (just 25 since it was created over 3 weeks ago) no orders too.

how do I move from here. I need to get my first order. 

• Like 4

On 1/25/2023 at 1:45 AM, pixel_evo said:

Sadly i'm waiting for 3 months since my gig disappeared from the first page due to gig rotation, there's nothing we could do about it, what i recommend is learn new skills on that time.

Is your gig active again after 3 months?

• Like 4