Gig rotation

expressdesign01

Question

Hello! good day

My account was created in September 2022. My account was fine from September to December 20th. During that time I received 18 orders. 17 of them received very good reviews and one received no reviews. The account was well maintained and my account was always in the top 10 pages. But suddenly my account went to last pages. Giga is very hard to find. When the account was good, it had 500-1000 impressions, now it's like 5-10.

I know this is a FIVERR rotation situation. But my account is a new account. So there are no repeat buyers. No orders for over a month. Why is FIVERR doing this to us after doing such a good job?

How long will it take to recover from this condition? Need good feedback again to get the account back to normal?

I have no orders to review because there are no buyers. What should I do about it? please help me

Screenshot 2023-01-23 05373.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 053654.png

• Like 17
  • Sad 4

24 answers to this question

On 1/22/2023 at 6:10 PM, expressdesign01 said:

Why is FIVERR doing this to us after doing such a good job?

Are you asking why Fiverr also provides exposure for other sellers? You are thinking about this all wrong. There is no solution, there is nothing to recover from. Sometimes you are on page 1, while others are not. Then it rotates. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Well I guess, just have some patience.

I mean you signed up in September and already got 18 orders with a top 5 star rating, I think that's already pretty good for a fresh start. People usually wait even a full year to get their first order, and hope to get a review. Not everyone is willing to leave a review, 70% of the orders I have don't have a review. Fully satisfied customers but they might not want to share their name or what they ordered.

So I would just wait, I mean you got many reviews on your gig, a 5 star rating and you started 3 months ago. I might say you're living the dream of many.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

You need to face the reality.

You provide services in the "logo business." When I search for "logo design" on Fiverr, I find 227,317 services available on Fiverr.

Do you really think that you will be continuously visible on the first 10 pages, while you only received 18 orders? 
You have an average of 4 to 5 orders in 1 month. Besides that, the start prices of your gigs are very low.

Fiverr is a business. Businesses want to earn money. Fiverr cannot make a lot of profit if you sell less than 5 (cheap) gigs every month. They gave you a chance, and now they let other sellers (there are more than 200,000 logo designers) take your place in the search results. 

As long as you are not going to sell more, then the chance to get back on top of the search results will be very low.

• Like 19

Hi @expressdesign01,

Gig rotations is a perfectly normal thing on Fiverr. 

Here's my personal experience, about 6-8 months back, I had about 50ish reviews and was very proud of my progress; I thought I was going to the very top!

I decided to see what my competitors are doing, to see whether I'm making real progress in the market. Lo and behold, I found a competitor who copy & pasted my entire gig. He had 20ish reviews and was undercutting my prices.

I wasn't that upset in the beginning, until I switched to my buyer account and searched for my service. My competitor (the one who copied my gig and was undercutting my prices) featured at the very top of the page and my gig couldn't be found at all. I tried to find my gig and it was in page 2 or page 3 of search results. 

I was really angry and felt it unfair that Fiverr would feature them instead of me. I contacted Fiverr support and they explained that Fiverr does gig rotations every once in a while to give new sellers a chance. Essentially, there was nothing I could do. 

Since there was nothing I could do, I decided to focus on my work and provide quality services to my clients.

Now, I have 100+ reviews and am content with where I'm at. 

In summary:

• You can't avoid gig rotations, if it happens to you, it will happen to someone else
  • Since there's nothing you can do about it, focus on what you do and do it well

All the best!

Cheng Li

Edited by licheng906
Spelling error
  • Like 15
  • Up 2

On 1/24/2023 at 6:53 PM, newsmike said:

Sometimes you are on page 1, while others are not. Then it rotates. 

yes, but these rotations are not fair ... we had no exposure for 3 months, then we had exposure for about 20 days, then for 1 day .... Doing this Fiverr destroys our business.

maybe the Fiverr algorithm should rotate with a more equal consistency for all.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, venonusa said:

yes, but these rotations are not fair ... we had no exposure for 3 months, then we had exposure for about 20 days, then for 1 day .... Doing this Fiverr destroys our business.

maybe the Fiverr algorithm should rotate with a more equal consistency for all.

I don't know how it works, but if you have a few million sellers, and 48 slots on page 1, seems that there will be lots of time off the first page. For all we know, they may be extremely fair, rotating everyone, but as humans we are funny that when we are on page 1, we think that everything is working fine, and when someone else gets a chance we convince ourselves that the universe is unfair. I have experienced it many times as you have, it is not fun, but I don't think I can call it unfair. 

Getting the 90% of unskilled sellers off the platform would go a long way to fixing this, but that's another dicussion. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

On 1/23/2023 at 1:10 AM, expressdesign01 said:

Hello! good day

My account was created in September 2022. My account was fine from September to December 20th. During that time I received 18 orders. 17 of them received very good reviews and one received no reviews. The account was well maintained and my account was always in the top 10 pages. But suddenly my account went to last pages. Giga is very hard to find. When the account was good, it had 500-1000 impressions, now it's like 5-10.

I know this is a FIVERR rotation situation. But my account is a new account. So there are no repeat buyers. No orders for over a month. Why is FIVERR doing this to us after doing such a good job?

How long will it take to recover from this condition? Need good feedback again to get the account back to normal?

I have no orders to review because there are no buyers. What should I do about it? please help me

Screenshot 2023-01-23 05373.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 053654.png

Gig rotation is normal. I have been there many times and back. It may last for 60-90 days or more. But it's a chance to give everyone a fair exposure. It gives new sellers the chance to showcase their skills and compete. For old sellers, it serves as period to rejuvenate, ask yourself questions on what went and bounce back harder. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, proconsultn2035 said:

Gig rotation is normal

Yes, I'm with you about the rotation.

7 minutes ago, proconsultn2035 said:

For old sellers, it serves as period to rejuvenate, ask yourself questions on what went and bounce back harder. 

You're joking, right? I don't know you, but I have family and people who work with me! What do I say at the end of the month? Guys this month eat your "rejuvenate" .... 🤔

27 minutes ago, newsmike said:

rotating everyone

I'm with you, but a more scheduled rotation I think would make everyone happier.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

34 minutes ago, venonusa said:

I'm with you, but a more scheduled rotation I think would make everyone happier.

I was playing with the numbers and I think they are probably doing us a favor if we see page 1 even twice per year. If they did a scheduled, absolutely "fair" rotation, it would work like this. My vertical, VO has 34,046 sellers. With 48 tiles on page 1, that means there would be 709 groups of 48 who could occupy page 1 at any given time. Equally or "fairly" rotated would mean that each person would get 1 day on page 1, once every 1.9 years.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

I believe many sellers put too much thought into appearing on the first page of search results.

Fiverr's primary purpose is matchmaking between buyers and sellers, and page one is far from static.

The results given to me on the first page will differ from those another user encounters, even when searching for the same term.

The notion that, if you appear on page one, you are universally visible in that position is outdated, in my opinion. 

Fiverr has a wealth of data on each buyer, including spending habits, location, gender, age, and more.

Not utilizing this valuable information would be foolish.

Let's say I am searching for a voice-over artist. Having previously purchased voice-over and video animation services from high-end sellers, Fiverr is aware of my willingness to invest in quality. Fiverr will adapt the results to display more premium sellers at the top. I'll get the mix most likely to convert my intention into a sale for the highest possible price I'm willing to pay. 

Here comes Bob, an 18-year-old student working on a school project. His purchase history consists of low-cost services such as a logo design and a voice-over for 5 - 10 bucks. Naturally, Fiverr will tailor the search results to his price range and habits. 

Then there's the personal assistant to Mr. Sir Edward Rottenburgers, armed with the company credit card. Upon signing up for Fiverr Business, she procures a professional cinematographer to create a cinematic video from scratch using original footage, spending thousands in the process.

Do you think Fiverr will put five-dollar gigs front and center when Mr. Sir Edward Rottenburgers personal assistant searches for a VO for said video?

If that were the case, I would question the decision-making capabilities of everyone above Janitor-level at Fiverr's HQ. 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I believe many sellers put too much thought into appearing on the first page of search results.

This is absolutely correct. My SM showed me that while I am not on page 1 right now, if you search for "American Male Voice Over", I am on the first page of results. Most buyers search, they don't browse. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, newsmike said:

This is absolutely correct. My SM showed me that while I am not on page 1 right now, if you search for "American Male Voice Over", I am on the first page of results. Most buyers search, they don't browse. 

My SM told me the same: most buyers search. And unless my entire understanding of how to run a business is entirely flawed, you might rank lower in a search performed by a teenager who buys fake trailer voices for five bucks to mess with his friends than you would for a buyer who frequently orders 200-dollar previously-on-National-Geopgraphic-voices for their professional brand. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

I was playing with the numbers and I think they are probably doing us a favor if we see page 1 even twice per year.

Sorry, I'm not talking about being on 1st page, I'm talking about Fiverr removed gigs from search results and doing it no one can find my gigs because my gigs don't pop out on any of the 20 pages that Fiverr has for my category....

This happened to us for 3 months....  Sounds like a destruction rotation to me....

• Like 5
  • Up 1

32 minutes ago, venonusa said:

Sorry, I'm not talking about being on 1st page, I'm talking about Fiverr removed gigs from search results and doing it no one can find my gigs because my gigs don't pop out on any of the 20 pages that Fiverr has for my category....

This happened to us for 3 months....  Sounds like a destruction rotation to me....

Understood. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I do struggle with you framing this as "unfair" as opposed to "unfortunate." What would you propose as an alternative? It seems that you are saying that rotation is good as long as you are immune from it. If that's incorrect please tell me how you would rotate everyone on the platform without having sellers experience peaks and valleys.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

What would you propose as an alternative? 

My view is that rotation is not happening in a fair way for all sellers. Usually Fiverr placed us on the first or second page for our category and then overnight Fiverr removed all our gigs from search results....

Why instead of removing us from search results, Fiverr didn't put us on page 10 of our category or page 20?

I made a quick drawing of how I see rotation and how all sellers would profit without being removed from search results.

Maybe Fiverr for some categories would need to have more than 20 pages, but adding 20 more pages doesn't cost much effort for website developers.

1 MONTH timeline.png

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, venonusa said:

You're joking, right? I don't know you, but I have family and people who work with me! What do I say at the end of the month? Guys this month eat your "rejuvenate" .... 

In life and in business, certain things happen that are beyond our control. And the only thing we can do is exercise patience and wait for time to do its magic. 

Downtimes are normal and I believe your team will understand. I work with a team but I pay them per project. So that during periods like this, they understand. Everyone bounces back after a rotation.

I believe I have a post here in the Forum about rotation and I recovered. So everything will be fine.

• Like 3

Most here are talking about gig rotation, and I know that's a common view.

I'm going to say that's not the way Fiverr works. Obviously none of us know, so this is just my view, but I did hear it from a 'reliable little birdy'.

I agree that as @smashradio said Fiverr is a matching service, and @proconsultn2035 said certain things are beyond our control.

There are so many factors... your performance, competitor performance, the market, the economy, buyer behavior, non-Fiverr alternatives, and many others.

But gig rotation? Nah. Just removing you from a position to give someone else a shot? Nah (not in my opinion anyway).

• Like 10

I'm gonna be the bearer of bad news here: life isn't fair. 

You can't expect handouts or for Fiverr to ensure your success. That's your job. With respect, if you have a business and you're so dependent on Fiverr that you can't pay your employees during a slump on the platform, something is clearly wrong with your business model. 

• Like 4