Video consultation service

frank_d

8 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I just noticed I am now able to set availability, choose the duration of the session and name my price, all through the “profile” page.

I noticed it a day or two ago.

Which means we are close to release.

What do you mean? 🙂

anyone else excited about this new feature?

It's not something I want to offer. However, I'm happy for those who do want it and need it and can finally use it. 🙂

• Like 17
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, frank_d said:

I mean Fiverr will start rolling it out to buyers so they can book calls.

I am very excited to offer paid video calls.

I thought it was out already! Based on the pop-up I got and the email about the zoom calls being rolled out (or something like that) it seemed like the feature was out. Haven't had anyone book it yet though! 

(I do now have the zoom button for every inbox now instead of like only select people but I assume the feature itself will be a tad different!)

• Like 14
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I am very excited to offer paid video calls.

Congrats. It does make sense in some verticals. However, Fiverr still allows people to book up to 20x your gig packages.. so it's sad to see they work on anything BUT that. 

• Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for pointing this out, Frank. I just spotted it and set it up. So I'm clear - this is a new feature close to release but not yet available to buyers?

Maybe it's like when Fiverr Pro came out, and I wondered if buyers would pay the higher prices - which they did gladly. I'd be glad to offer consultations, and have investigated a way to do that several times. But I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing why buyers would actually pay for this type of service. You have such great insights Frank, I'd be interested in your thoughts on how we could use a feature like this to our advantage.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Well as with all Fiverr features, they first implement the infrastructure on seller's end of theing, and then they start rolling it out to buyers.

As of right now, I personally can't see it on anyone's profile, which means the roll out has been selective so only a test group of buyers gets to see this feature.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, frank_d said:

And another thing:

Is it okay that I find that... creepy? Technology-wise, that's 'wow' and impressive, but (when I did use to make video calls) I just solved the 'looking at you' thing by putting the other person's video feed window immediately below my computer's camera.

Side note: teleprompters are nifty.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, frank_d said:

As of right now, I personally can't see it on anyone's profile, which means the roll out has been selective so only a test group of buyers gets to see this feature.

I have this beta feature but I don't need it to do my services, so I won't activate it.

If you or anyone else activates this feature, I'd like to see how it looks!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I dont have access to it and have no idea how it works but I offer consultations as extras and Ive found a few things.

if your prices are too low you are going to get a lot of no shows. People will treat it as a disposable asset. you can break down the no shows by business demographic as well. I doubled the prices for the consultations and got rid of the no shows overnight. 

you need to make sure you don't have half the business on the call. A few times people have started adding more people to the call. there have been times on zoom when its turned into a screen with the cto, ceo and various technical staff. That is unacceptable if it is supposed to be one on one. you need to keep this in mind when setting the pricing. I have no idea how this service works but  when someone arranges a call I would make sure that terms of reference are decided in advance. I cannot overstate the importance of this, as to what will be included and how many people. I found that out the hard way when an NFT startup bought half a dozen people onto the call and basically expected me to tell them how to do everything from A to Z.

you have to set some ground rules like two no shows and you forfeit the fee. Same for people trying to turn up an hour late who say "sorry can you do it now".  Ive no idea if you can set this with this service but its definitely an issue and pricing plays a big part in this and ideally you would need to make clear in some shape or from if any no shows are allowed or any late  arrivals. much like revisions.

• Like 12
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 6:51 PM, frank_d said:

I just noticed I am now able to set availability, choose the duration of the session and name my price, all through the “profile” page.

Which means we are close to release.

anyone else excited about this new feature?

I know I am. 😉 

I could set it up a few days ago. I'm not excited, but I'm calmly collected and pragmatic about it. I doubt it will bring in much business on its own for me, but it's a "nice to have" when the need arises. 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I could set it up a few days ago. I'm not excited, but I'm calmly collected and pragmatic about it. I doubt it will bring in much business on its own for me, but it's a "nice to have" when the need arises. 

It's great to see you again, @smashradio!

I almost started a consultation gig before this came out but decided against it since the only consultations I'll ever do are chat consultations and they are included with each of my gigs. I still can't get myself to dress up for work every day and it doesn't help that I'm now living in the Big Island and they don't seem to care about my lackadaisical dress standards.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 2

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

it doesn't help that I'm now living in the Big Island and they don't seem to care about my lackadaisical dress standards.

My youngest son got to work at the first Target store on the Big Island as a staff trainer. He has the Target Hawaiian shirt to prove it, but he cannot wear it here. This part of your post reminded me of how laid back he said the islanders were. 

Hey, @smashradio , it is good to see you were here again. Come again soon! 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

My youngest son got to work at the first Target store on the Big Island as a staff trainer. He has the Target Hawaiian shirt to prove it, but he cannot wear it here. This part of your post reminded me of how laid back he said the islanders were. 

That's awesome! He must have loved it here! Everyone is really sweet and I do love the "ainokea" (I no care) attitude that they have. 🥰

Even my bad driving doesn't ruffle their feathers when I end up turning into oncoming traffic on the one-way streets over here (which I did a couple of times). Both times I got waves, smiles, and shakas instead of curses, honks, and getting flipped off by other drivers.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 1

22 hours ago, markp said:

you need to make sure you don't have half the business on the call. A few times people have started adding more people to the call. there have been times on zoom when its turned into a screen with the cto, ceo and various technical staff.

Great suggestions for setting boundaries Mark! I had a company want to do an initial Zoom call to set up a job, then they had 5 people on the call, and wanted me to determine their marketing strategy for them. I messaged and said I could be available for paid marketing consultations, through a "Writer's Advice" gig I had set up. I haven't heard from them again, and consider it no loss.

Based on your input, I just clarified my description to say "I will consult one-on-one in English to discuss your project." Set the boundary up front, and buyers have constructive notification if they try to have a whole team show up. 

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 14

They're now sending me messages and emails about the new "Paid Consultation" feature that, oh by the way, hasn't been deployed yet. Seems to me it would be more effective to send those communications after we can actually do something with the feature. If they wait 3 weeks to actually deploy, my attention will be on other things, and their earlier messages will be just wasted effort. 

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

Too much information given out. I don't know what can be done though. One sight that I was on told me that they wanted a picture of me holding my drivers license and I politely refused. They blocked my profile and they owe me money. I can't get it until I send the picture. Well, they can keep the money. I had been on there for awhile and no one ever told me I had to do that. All of a sudden they decided that would be the best thing for them and the rule was put in place. It's no wonder that there are so many people stealing other people's identities. All that information in one place. 

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

• 3 weeks later...