Should I lower my gig's price?

rehan_requiem

Question

Hello, I'm a new Fiverr seller (started out around a month ago) getting consistent impressions (~200+ / Day) and clicks (~6 / Day).

Should I drop the price of my gig package at the cost of first page ranking to get an order? Recently I noticed that Fiverr is only ranking the gigs which are priced at the suggested minimum price for the category in my case ($80). No orders or even a single message for now which I believe might be because of high price for a gig with no reviews.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help with my question.

image.png.79568a4b5776338780f35ac01b00a406.png

Edited by rehan_requiem
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

If Fiverr requires a minimum price for gigs in your category, then price your gigs at that minimum or higher. Fiverr appears to be qiute clear in their pop-up reminder. Why would you think pricing your gig lower than that required minimum, would bring in more sales, when Fiverr clearly states that lower prices result in less exposure?

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

If Fiverr requires a minimum price for gigs in your category, then price your gigs at that minimum or higher. Fiverr appears to be qiute clear in their pop-up reminder. Why would you think pricing your gig lower than that required minimum, would bring in more sales, when Fiverr clearly states that lower prices result in less exposure?

That's because I have seen sellers in same niche/keywords with lower prices but their gigs show up on the first page because they have reviews. Wouldn't a gig which is priced lower, has good reviews and credibility be more attractive to buyers than a gig which is priced higher and has no reviews?

So I'm trying to give an incentive by pricing closer to the lower-priced gig with reviews to potentially get a buyer.

Edited by rehan_requiem
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, rehan_requiem said:

So I'm trying to give an incentive by pricing closer to the lower-priced gig with reviews to potentially get a buyer.

Do that if you must, however, Fiverr has clearly stated: "Set your package total price to a minimum of $80 or your gig is very likely to recieve less exposure under this category." If you do choose to price lower, don't be surprised if your gig recieves little to no exposure in that category -- as stated.

• Like 8