Hi ya'll, new here! Happy to join.

Hi everyone!
I'm finally happy to be a part of Fiverr sellers community.
I have been using Fiverr for various reasons the past couple of years, but never invested in creating my brand on Fiverr and offer gigs.
Wish me luck!

Here's a trippy digital painting i created with Midjourney for the Fiverr community 😉
Can you guess what i asked for?

ApexCopywriter 🙂

fiverr community.png

Edited by apexcopywriter
  • Like 21
  • Congrats! 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Are you saying you have more than one account?

1877586451_image(1).png.d15058601f2daa4e2db32bdbf7161fc8.png

Good spot!

If you have another account, make sure you close it, Apexcopywriter. But rebranding yourself with one account is ok. People don't always get things right first time. For example, I once knew a guy who adopted a cat, but the cat kept biting him. So he took it back and got another one. But that one kept biting him too. Turns out the cats were fine. The guy was just an as*hole. But that's a story for another day. 

Edited by ahmwritingco
  • Like 14
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, apexcopywriter said:

Hi everyone!
I'm finally happy to be a part of Fiverr sellers community.
I have been using Fiverr for various reasons the past couple of years, but never invested in creating my brand on Fiverr and offer gigs.
Wish me luck!

Here's a trippy digital painting i created with Midjourney for the Fiverr community 😉
Can you guess what i asked for?

ApexCopywriter 🙂

fiverr community.png

Welcome to Fiverr Community and wish you all the best.

• Like 19

Welcome to the Fiverr community! We're glad to have you on board.

Wishing you all the best as you engage and explore the insights and opportunities this forum has to offer! If you dig deep inside you will fins lots of useful posts that will help you tremendously to become successful on this platform. In my opinion, this is a really amazing forum on the internet.

Thanks!

Edited by noirparliament_
welcome note
  • Like 18

20 hours ago, maitasun said:

Are you saying you have more than one account?

1877586451_image(1).png.d15058601f2daa4e2db32bdbf7161fc8.png

Geez…people are freaked about this subject, huh?

no, I don’t have another account. I have been using Fiverr for my work mainly with accounts owned by my past employers.

20 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

Good spot!

If you have another account, make sure you close it, Apexcopywriter. But rebranding yourself with one account is ok. People don't always get things right first time. For example, I once knew a guy who adopted a cat, but the cat kept biting him. So he took it back and got another one. But that one kept biting him too. Turns out the cats were fine. The guy was just an as*hole. But that's a story for another day. 

When do I suppose to laugh?

f off dude, get bored somewhere else.

Lame as* community members.

Edited by apexcopywriter
  • Like 17
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

Welcome to the forum, Apexcopywriter!

I like that AI image. Very cool. I have an aunt that likes playing with AI.

Good luck with your gigs. 🙂

3 hours ago, seo_garage01 said:

Welcome to Fiverr Community and wish you all the best.

3 hours ago, noirparliament_ said:

Welcome to the Fiverr community! We're glad to have you on board.

Wishing you all the best as you engage and explore the insights and opportunities this forum has to offer! If you dig deep inside you will fins lots of useful posts that will help you tremendously to become successful on this platform. In my opinion, this is a really amazing forum on the internet.

Thanks!

Thank you for the heartwarming welcome messages! I’m Happy to join 🙂

• Like 19
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, apexcopywriter said:

Yes, because you could get banned for it - some comments might be a bit tongue-in-cheek, but people are trying to help. Not everyone reads the TOS when they first join and well, they might actually be good at what they do but end up getting wiped off the site for whatever reason.

Cursing people out (even if they used a curseword but in a different way) is NOT the way to show your professionalism though. Keeping your cool as a freelancer/buyer on this site AND the forum is pretty important. 

(Am I lame perhaps? Yes. But if people google my penname they won't find me cursing people out.)

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 16
  • Up 8

4 hours ago, apexcopywriter said:

no, I don’t have another account. I have been using Fiverr for my work mainly with accounts owned by my past employers.

When do I suppose to laugh?

f off dude, get bored somewhere else.

Lame as* community members.

We kinda are, yeah. As @katakatica said, we've been around long enough to see lots of people get banned.

I didn't mean to cause offence. I'm trying to be more even-handed these days. "The tongue has no bones, but bones it crushes." That's a Greek proverb.

• Like 20

40 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Yes, because you could get banned for it - some comments might be a bit tongue-in-cheek, but people are trying to help. Not everyone reads the TOS when they first join and well, they might actually be good at what they do but end up getting wiped off the site for whatever reason.

Cursing people out (even if they used a curseword but in a different way) is NOT the way to show your professionalism though. Keeping your cool as a freelancer/buyer on this site AND the forum is pretty important. 

(Am I lame perhaps? Yes. But if people google my penname they won't find me cursing people out.)

Yeah, well, you act as Fiverr’s bully gatekeeper.

this post is me saying hi, with the intent to join the community.

have you engage in any kind of conversation with me? or did you just speculate about me, in my own post, having your “reputable experience” in the forum and in Fiverr’s marketplace?

I understand Fiverr TOS and have already went through the forum, and saw different posts about this topic.

I just don’t understand what was the urgency for you to speculate and not just welcome me, or if you didn’t want to welcome me, you could’ve just skip to the next post, and mind your own business…

23 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

We kinda are, yeah. As @katakatica said, we've been around long enough to see lots of people get banned.

I didn't mean to cause offence. I'm trying to be more even-handed these days. "The tongue has no bones, but bones it crushes." That's a Greek proverb.

My advice, and it’s a Beatles proverb, “the love you take is equal to the love you make.”

58 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Maybe you should have had an AI write this too. At least ChatGPT would have been more polite.

classic bully behavior, attacking me as a group in my own introduction post 😅 
Crazy. Perhaps you could say the same you your friend @ahmwritingco

Have a nice life people! I really don’t understand the hostility 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by apexcopywriter
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, apexcopywriter said:

Yeah, well, you act as Fiverr’s bully gatekeeper.

That was my first post to you, I never accused you or said anything else. You're right though, I did forget to say welcome - so I apologise for that. I hope that you will find a lot of useful information on here!

That being said, let me explain my point a bit more. 

All I said was 'it's best to listen to the advice you were given'. If you think that's being a bully... sure. Unfortunately, Fiverr is a bit of a mess at the moment and many people go against the TOS without even knowing they are doing it. It's not OK to generalise, but unfortunately it's hard not to when 5-6 people a day cry about their tenth account being deleted. You did your research, so good job with that since 9/10 people won't do it. Why? That's a good question, but I suppose it's not quite the one we want to talk about here.

Edited by katakatica
edited the post a bit
  • Like 16
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, katakatica said:

That was my first post to you. You're right though, I did forget to say welcome - so I apologise for that. I hope that you will find a lot of useful information on here!

That being said, let me explain my point a bit more. 

All I said was 'it's best to listen to the advice you were given'. If you think that's being a bully... sure. Unfortunately, Fiverr is a bit of a mess at the moment and many people go against the TOS without even knowing they are doing it. It's not OK to generalise, but unfortunately it's hard not to when 5-6 people a day cry about their tenth account being deleted. You did your research, so good job with that since 9/10 people won't do it. Why? That's a good question, but I suppose it's not quite the one we want to talk about here.

(still, I don't think it's the bully who tells people not to curse others out. I could be wrong though...)

Cursing is also lame. And I apologize for my lame cursing. It’s always best to engage in a meaningful polite conversation. But honestly, you guys just started a conversation in one direction, and not just that, you put the conversation inside a box. 

it appears as if @ahmwritingco is searching opportunities to entertain and provoke whenever possible, not really relating to the original post content.

And also, being a bully doesn’t necessarily involve cursing. It was explained by your friend with his Greek proverb reference.

I understand and can imagine Fiverr fighting spam. As I said, I have been using the platform for a long time. I know the struggle finding good talent, and maintaining good relationships with them.

Now I’m on a new journey and I created my own personal brand on Fiverr, offering my own unique services. And like everyone else, I want to succeed.

And I understand and respect that you guys treat this place as your home, and you cherish and protect it. But it’s always recommended to be curious and open minded enough to engage in conversations, without judgement, or speculation, with the intent of giving and loving.

not criticizing, nor sarcastically mocking other people without knowing them. Even if the likes count is rising and the dopamine is hitting.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

Just now, apexcopywriter said:

Now I’m on a new journey and I created my own personal brand on Fiverr, offering my own unique services. And like everyone else, I want to succeed.

Hi @apexcopywriter, is there any reason why you aren't offering digital paintings with Midjourney as a gig?

2 minutes ago, apexcopywriter said:

with the intent of giving and loving.

Just my two cents. I thought everyone on this conversations had good advice and the best of intentions but the topic got kind of swayed.

Hopefully we can steer this topic back on course. I wish the best of luck to you and your business!

• Like 13
  • Up 4

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @apexcopywriter, is there any reason why you aren't offering digital paintings with Midjourney as a gig?

Just my two cents. I thought everyone on this conversations had good advice and the best of intentions but the topic got kind of swayed.

Hopefully we can steer this topic back on course. I wish the best of luck to you and your business!

Thank you!

And I agree. But let bygones be bygones.

and you certainly right! I’m building a new gig surrounding MidJourney, working around how to create the best value for clients 🙂

• Like 16
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

is there any reason why you aren't offering digital paintings with Midjourney as a gig?

This month people started a class action lawsuit against Stability AI, MidJourney etc.

https://stablediffusionlitigation.com/pdf/00201/1-1-stable-diffusion-complaint.pdf

So that might have some effect on gigs using things like MidJourney. Though if it does go ahead then it should make the law clearer. Though like other people have pointed out the people who have created that complaint are wrong about how it works really.

Getty Images is also now suing Stability AI (for copyright) whose software seems to be used by MidJourney.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

This month people started a class action lawsuit against Stability AI, MidJourney etc.

https://stablediffusionlitigation.com/pdf/00201/1-1-stable-diffusion-complaint.pdf

So that might have some effect on gigs using things like MidJourney. Though if it does go ahead then it should make the law clearer. Though like other people have pointed out the people who have created that complaint are wrong about how it works really.

Getty Images is also now suing Stability AI (for copyright) whose software seems to be used by MidJourney.

This case is definitely going to be challenging and interesting. The results will have meaning and impact furthe then Fiverr Gigs though. It’s a philosophical argument about inspiration, new technology, and use of resources.

As for copyright, if there is a clear violation, such as using a copyrighted image like Mickey Mouse in your business, it can cause issues. However, using software for personal use and understanding the underlying mechanisms can provide inspiration and solid foundations for creative work.

For example, the attached graphic I created for a local SEO company's landing page hero section would be hard to argue as a copyright violation. It's a new age where software can provide inspiration in a similar way as humans. Utilizing harmless technologies for personal benefit shouldn't be illegal, and should not raise copyright issues, in my opinion.

Additionally, royalties for artists could be paid from the creators of the software in new business models, similar to the music industry and Spotify.

9B431AA9-F40F-49BE-A32F-000C475FB477.jpeg

• Like 16

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...