How to deal with clients that don't get back to you after a quote?

critzalide

Question

Hi there!

Sometimes it happens that a client, after asking for a quote, doesn't get back with an answer.

How to deal with this kind of client (let's say potential clients) in this situations? What is the best advise and tips from experienced sellers? 

Thank you, 

Cristina 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, critzalide said:

Sometimes it happens that a client, after asking for a quote, doesn't get back with an answer.

No answer is an answer. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do that would not be considered spamming the potential buyer. Maybe you could send one message quickly afterwards asking if they need any more info, but I would not recommend it because it looks needy and could be considered spam by someone who may report you. Lots of people ask the price and disappear. 

• Like 17
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

No answer is an answer. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do that would not be considered spamming the potential buyer.

I agree! Once you give the buyer what he or she asked for (such as a quote), that's all you need to do. Work on your orders, improve your gigs, and answer other inquiries to your inbox. Sometimes the buyers will come back (even after months) and sometimes they won't.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, critzalide said:

Yes, it happens all the time, and I consider that behaviour very impolite. But then, there are lots of impolite people roaming the planet. So, not much you can do. 🤷‍♀️ Let them be and move on.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Clients are one thing, but what about people offering their services that say they'll get back to you but don't? I've contacted three deadbeats in a row, all of whom said they'd get back to me. All had glowing reviews about their response time . So far I'm not impressed. If this keeps up I'll be looking elsewhere. Perhaps people offering their services should make clear what they can and can't handle. Too many people offering their services here are trying to cherry-pick gigs that suit them and not the client. Such self-indulgence does not make for a good studio musician. As a former owner of two music studios, I can tell you that not trying to accomodate customers = going out of business. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

In most cases, the buyer found either a cheaper price or satisfied with response from another seller. When giving quote remember that the same buyer may be reaching out to other sellers at the same time. Ask questions before giving qoute. It will help you to give reasonable price and list in details what you will do under the offer.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2023 at 11:28 PM, critzalide said:

Hi there!

How to deal with this kind of client (let's say potential clients) in this situations? What is the best advise and tips from experienced sellers? 

Thank you, 

Cristina 

There's nothing you can do. You can't force someone to buy your services. The best option will be to remain silent too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1