Gig promotionable one day and without any changes the other day it isn't?!

cmdgwu

Question

1. Sunday being upgraded to Seller 2 Level. 100% all Statistics, no Cancellations, 5* Reviews all over. Same day my main gig after 6 weeks still not being promotable.

2. Yesterday suddenly the Gig is eligible for being promotable.

3. Today - without any order, feedback, nothing in between - the Gig is suddenly again not eligible for Promotion.

4. Asking the support - they can confirm that the Gig (which yesterday was eligible for support) today is no longer eligible. Why? They cannot tell - "internal information. Do not let you discourage!"

WHAT THE F**K ?? 😡

• Like 14

13 answers to this question

It might be that your average rating for private reviews of that gig for the last 60 days decreased today to a value that meant it wasn't promotable.

eg. if either buyer(s) of recent order(s) gave private ratings that were low and/or old private ratings for that gig dropped off the 60 day window (or whatever window duration it uses) so that your average private rating for the for the gig for the time-frame it uses decreased too much.

It might also be due to other stats that they might not say. You could look at this page where it writes about the match score:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4405489899153-How-Promoted-Gigs-works-Ad-ranking-explained#h_01GK1NQ891SWYF0ETC6FM5AXBV

including:

Your overall performance within an order, communication, buyer satisfaction, and buyer potential to return to your Gig, are all taken into account within your Match Score.

The "buyer satisfaction" might be the private reviews (or partly based on that).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

It does seem a bit odd if it went from not promotable then the next day promotable then the next day not promotable if the reviews were weeks ago. We can't see what the private ratings were (where it probably looks a the last 60 days worth) so it might be mostly based on that (it might be that the private ratings could totally account for that depending on which were going out of the 60 day window and what their ratings were).

It might be based on other things that they don't disclose though. eg. what if they take into account how much they're earning from the gig being promoted? eg. if it was being promoted a lot (getting lots of impressions in the promoted section) but not getting many clicks (so not earning much for them with the promotion) then maybe they would decide to make it not promotable for a while to see if they could earn more through promotion of other gigs that might get a higher click through rate. That's just a guess - it might not work like that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

1. Sunday being upgraded to Seller 2 Level. 100% all Statistics, no Cancellations, 5* Reviews all over. Same day my main gig after 6 weeks still not being promotable.

3. Today - without any order, feedback, nothing in between - the Gig is suddenly again not eligible for Promotion.

4. Asking the support - they can confirm that the Gig (which yesterday was eligible for support) today is no longer eligible. Why? They cannot tell - "internal information. Do not let you discourage!"

WHAT THE F**K ?? 😡

• Like 13

Hi UK1000 - thank you very much for your reply. Private Review is extremely unlikely since I did not have many orders the last weeks (thanks for not being promotable). I doubt that many customers do give private reviews later than one week after finishing the order.

To me, it sounds more like they have some kind of rotation system if there are too many Gigs of the same topics... but this is just an assumption. 

• Like 11

"Why? They cannot tell - "internal information."

I think it's because some of your client leave a bad private feedback for fiverr teams.

Note that Buyer eligible to leave two review:

1. Your Order Review.., (1-5 star rating) where everyone can see the star and the feedback.

2. After Buyer leave the star review.., Fiverr ask one more time whether they actually satisfied or not .

Note that some Buyer is kind enough to leave 5 star rate, eventhough they is not 100% satisfied.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ridwansugi said:

"Why? They cannot tell - "internal information."

I think it's because some of your client leave a bad private feedback for fiverr teams.

Note that Buyer eligible to leave two review:

1. Your Order Review.., (1-5 star rating) where everyone can see the star and the feedback.

2. After Buyer leave the star review.., Fiverr ask one more time whether they actually satisfied or not .

Note that some Buyer is kind enough to leave 5 star rate, eventhough they is not 100% satisfied.

Well, as I said - I had no orders in the last few weeks, there can be no customer leaving bad private reviews. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, markp said:

you got a 1 star review 2 weeks ago. That is probably the root cause of the issue.

I would agree but the Gig was before marked as not promotable, (the 1* Review was an Idiot of Buyer, paying $5 and expecting work for $500 although off-topic). 

• Like 8

On 1/18/2023 at 10:06 PM, cmdgwu said:

3. Today - without any order, feedback, nothing in between - the Gig is suddenly again not eligible for Promotion.

4. Asking the support - they can confirm that the Gig (which yesterday was eligible for support) today is no longer eligible. Why? They cannot tell - "internal information. Do not let you discourage!"

WHAT THE F**K ?? 😡

This happened to me five times in the last few days. This started about one month ago. When my gigs disappeared and I was disqualified from the promotion. One day they told me my gig is promotable and after about 20 hrs, I am disqualified again. I noted the time they gave me a promotion for 20 hours and as soon as I was unqualified my gigs were also gone from the search results. Spooky stuff Fiverr. 

• Like 6

On 1/18/2023 at 12:06 PM, cmdgwu said:

WHAT THE F**K ?? 😡

this happens because Fiverr system updates the promotion service every hour, most likely the negative review you received is playing on your performance

• Like 5