Those that are experienced - did you get your first gig by promoting it outside of fiverr or just wait on algo?

jammieswriter

In the earlier years of Fiverr it was easier to get sales through the algo. However that isn't the case anymore ever since the pandemic because of the influx of new sellers and just the large competition in general. It is difficult to stand out in the algo now especially as a new seller.

Would highly suggest that if you have clients outside of Fiverr or a business page that you advertise yourself there and encourage clients to buy from your Fiverr gig. Perhaps do a promo with a little freebies here and there for the first 20 customers or so. With sales coming in, good feedback from clients, it will help you perform and be more visible in the algo. Being more visible gives more chances for "natural" orders.

And if you're wondering if there are new sellers (2021/2022) who are flourishing, there definitely are sellers who are 🙂 So don't lose hope, there are no assurances of success and it won't be a walk in the park, but there's no harm in trying it out and putting yourself out there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jammieswriter said:

thank you! How do i do a promo here ( I assume you're talking about the forum?)? 

Oh no, I meant making your own promotion perhaps on your website or social media pages (if applicable). There is a section on the forum called My Fiverr Gigs where you can post and advertise there but you won't get much traction there as the forum is filled more with sellers than buyers.

• Like 5

Find a niche and price it in the gutters. Although I’ve had my account since 2021, I didn’t do much with it until Nov 22. My first order was for a large article, which I charge 5x for now. Once you get an order in - do your very best to go above and beyond, and you could get lucky with some clients that become regulars.

For context: I reworked my profile in Nov 22, first order end of Nov 22, hit L1 in Jan 23, and hoping to hit L2 in Feb/March 23. I’ve never advertised outside of Fiverr.

• Like 1