Jump to content
  • 0

Gigs Ranking Considerations


alessandroziino
 Share

Question

Hello Fiverr sellers! I would like today to know your idea about how fiverr gigs ranking works in a specific situation. I was thinking about the following topic:

Imagine 2 sellers, Seller A and Seller B.

The 2 sellers offer the same exactly service, they both have high quality description and HQ image/videos gig links. So basically they have no difference in service quality, The only thing that changes between the 2 sellers it's their price. So let's suppose:

Imagine both SellerA and SellerB made 10 sales, both of them got amazing 5 stars reviews! BUT, SellerA sold 10gigs at 10$ each, meanwhile SellerB sold 10gigs at 50$ each.

Here is the point of my thread and my question:

According to my conclusion and ideas, SellerB will get an higher ranking and will placed by Fiverr algorithm in Highest search position ranking than Seller A. That's because SellerB is much more remunerative for Fiverr owners since they get much more commissions earnings from SellerB than SellerA on the sales, so they have the highest interest to provide more visibility/sales to SellerB than SellerA.  I hope I explained it clear 🙂

What do you think about my conclusion? it is correct? Or you have different view about it? thanks a lot in advance 🙂

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Actually,it’s a great talk. Sellers should know the value of their service and as you’ve said in your write up,they both offer the same service and of course the seller that has the highest price will be ranked by fiverr as fiverr receives more commission from buyer B

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, miquido01 said:

Actually,it’s a great talk. Sellers should know the value of their service and as you’ve said in your write up,they both offer the same service and of course the seller that has the highest price will be ranked by fiverr as fiverr receives more commission from buyer B

Yeah what I explained seems so basical , easy and logic conclusion. But I guess very few sellers make this type of calculations when pricing their gigs

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, alessandroziino said:

According to my conclusion and ideas, SellerB will get an higher ranking and will placed by Fiverr algorithm in Highest search position ranking than Seller A.

Nope. That won't happen at all, because there is no such thing as rank in the Fiverr algorithm. Gigs are not ranked, they are custom-matched to likely buyers. Only those likely buyers will see your gigs in their search results. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Nope. That won't happen at all, because there is no such thing as rank in the Fiverr algorithm. Gigs are not ranked, they are custom-matched to likely buyers. Only those likely buyers will see your gigs in their search results. 

So I will modify the way I've expressed the topic, so it will sounds more logical for you.

According to my conclusion and ideas, Seller B will be shown to custom-matched , likely buyers ? Since Seller B is more remunerative for fiverr, buyers will see in their search results Seller B appearing first, than SellerA. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

It could be that way actually because it makes sense in revenue terms, but I think there are little bit more characteristics that may have an impact on ranking. Just because of cost and even if they got in this short period same reviews doesn't make both of them equal I guess. You have also your account backgrounds, like the response rate, clicks, and favs on that particular gig. So, it seems to me more complicated than just revenue for Fiverr. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, alessandroziino said:

So I will modify the way I've expressed the topic, so it will sounds more logical for you.

No need. I understand what you wrote. 

17 minutes ago, alessandroziino said:

Since Seller B is more remunerative for fiverr, buyers will see in their search results Seller B appearing first, than SellerA. 

There is no rank. Gigs are not seen in any specific order, or rank. The algorithm does not put all gigs in order. That's not how Fiverr works.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Gigs are not seen in any specific order, or rank. 

I'm not sure you're correct. As seller, I had few months were my account was exploding, and i was getting new messages on my inbox every couple minutes. In that specific time, my gig was shown as first result when potential clients were searching for specific keywords that matched my service.

Now, surely potential clients still search the same keywords, but they are probably messaging different sellers , since it's probably them who are now shown as first results.

Edited by alessandroziino
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, zaur_z said:

It could be that way actually because it makes sense in revenue terms, but I think there are little bit more characteristics that may have an impact on ranking. Just because of cost and even if they got in this short period same reviews doesn't make both of them equal I guess. You have also your account backgrounds, like the response rate, clicks, and favs on that particular gig. So, it seems to me more complicated than just revenue for Fiverr. 

If you read my thread properly, I've said let's assume all those factors are equally balanced by the 2 sellers. I know it will never happen in reality, but think per absurd like in physic theorems. In that case I guess the seller that produce more incomes for fiverr pocket, get the more visibility.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, jonbaas said:

Or, perhaps I have more experience with -- and understanding of -- Fiverr than you do. 😉 

 

You're going completely out of topic. I've never talked about the general topic ''how fiverr ranks gigs''. I've precisely explaind a very specific situation in the original thread. 

1. clients search for a keyword '' build my website'' example

2. Then think about SellerA and SellerB situation I explained in the original thread message: they both match that keywords.

 

That's here, based on what i explaind at the beginning, that I wanted a reply. Seller B will get shown first then seller A, (again based on all the factors i previously described)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...