Customer constantly requesting revisions

gligor02

Okay, so I have the problem with one customer and really don't know what should I do in this situation. Couple of times I have delivered the finished work, each time he requests revision immediatly and writes "Thanks for the delivery, I will check it soon". Then each time I have waited long, long time to get the feedback and when he comes back, he writes me "I checked it, but my artist figured out he made some mistakes, he will have to update the art and you need to redo everything again". Two times I tolerated this, but third time, I have waited two weeks on the feedback just to get the messege: "Designer figured out he positioned layers badly, we will fix it and send you new files".
I told him that fixing this will require additional payment, because again it is not my issue at all. He said: "Either you will fix it, or you can cancel the order because we cannot pay the additional amout you requested".

I have literally done the whole job, and did 2 revisions that were included, and I don't want to cancel the order just because he can't pay additional work, what should I do in this situation?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, gligor02 said:

I have literally done the whole job, and did 2 revisions that were included, and I don't want to cancel the order just because he can't pay additional work, what should I do in this situation?

Are your gig revision policies clear on your gig? Aside from the number of revisions you offer it will help your case if you explicitly state what constitutes as a revision in your FAQs section / gig description. 

If you have that in place, it will be easier to explain to them that what they're requesting is out of the scope of he price/package purchased.

4 hours ago, gligor02 said:

I have waited two weeks on the feedback just to get the messege: "Designer figured out he positioned layers badly, we will fix it and send you new files".

2 weeks is already too long of a wait and they should not be allowed to ask anymore revisions without paying for the additional work.

I would say stand your ground and if needed talk to Customer Support. Explain your case properly. 

• Like 6

Thanks, I have already contacted customer support and I am waiting for response. As I said I once did work again for free and after that clearly stated that next time it won't be the case, so from my side it was totally clear...

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, gligor02 said:

Thanks, I have already contacted customer support and I am waiting for response. As I said I once did work again for free and after that clearly stated that next time it won't be the case, so from my side it was totally clear...

Hi please keep us updated on here. Would really love to know how this ends. #sellersNeedProtectionToo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gligor02 said:

As I said I once did work again for free and after that clearly stated that next time it won't be the case, so from my side it was totally clear...

This is the main reason that he (buyer) is taking advantage of you. You have done a project with Zero Cost (Free) so he is taking advantage that you can do this one free too no matter how many times you explain your points!

Therefore, never do any project for Free! 

• Like 2
  • Up 3

29 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

This is the main reason that he (buyer) is taking advantage of you. You have done a project with Zero Cost (Free) so he is taking advantage that you can do this one free too no matter how many times you explain your points!

Therefore, never do any project for Free! 

You are defenetly right, but I think that he would have reacted the same way. First time I did that because I didn't know how to react, I assume he would have requested order cancelation even then. I didn't do the full project for free, but one additional task.

I will defenetly keep all of you updated once I get the response from customer support.

• Like 4

Okay, so basically I got the answer from the support. They say that they checked order page and they saw that buyer didn't respond on revision requests a long time, but they can't do anything about it. They recommend me to resolve all the issues with the buyer which is ridiculous...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1