How to activate that marquee with recent customer reviews?

tom_o_malley

Question

Hi all!

You certainly have all seen it before: Some gig pages have just below the gallery pictures a running marquee that is titled "What people loved about this seller". There, the latest reviews from customers are displayed. Although I have been searching really hard where to activate that feature in a gig, I could not find it so far. Does anybody have an idea of where to switch that on? Or is this an automatic feature that is displayed under certain conditions?

• Like 9

9 answers to this question

Hi there! Let me start off by clarifying it's not a feature you can enable yourself. I have it on my profile, but unfortunately, I cannot recall exactly when it appeared. I do know it's not something you get when you become a level 2 seller for example. 

I believe Fiverr selects certain sellers based on (hidden) quality metrics. Think of it as the same system that's in place for the 'rising talent' badge. You cannot apply, request, or enable it. The only way to receive it is to consistently deliver good customer service, have a nice profile & deliver orders of great quality. It might also have to do with having a good amount of reviews.

Again (little disclaimer), I have no proof of my above statements but I think it's most likely related to those points!

• Like 8
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

I have it on my profile,

Hi @sabinespoems - both you and I have it on our bestselling gigs, but not the newer ones with fewer orders. I reviewed several other profiles and found the following:

1. Some sellers also have this feature on only one of their gigs, and many times, it isn't their bestselling gig.

2. One of my Level 1 sellers had it on his bestselling gig with 30 reviews (he has over 70 reviews total). That was the lowest number of reviews that I could find during my search.

3. I found one TRS who didn't have it on any of his gigs, even though I'm pretty sure he provides stellar service.

4. I found several TRS sellers with this feature on multiple gigs. One TRS even had it on 4 of his 7 gigs.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @tom_o_malley and @sabinespoems! This was a little feature that I thought very little of until you both brought it up! I kind of got pulled into researching about it because it was so fascinating to see how it differs among sellers! It's still a mystery to me. @tom_o_malley, you'll have to update us if you see this pop up on your gigs!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I certainly will, @vickieito! Thanks for all of your experiments. This feature looks like a mystery to me as well. Although I have excellent reviews on all of my gigs, the customer review box has not shown up yet. I contacted Fiverr support and just got back some totally irrelevant gibberish about when a gig goes online -- probably generated by an AI bot that didn't understand the question. I will keep you guys posted on what I find.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@tom_o_malley & @sabinespoems,

This feature is now available to Seller Plus members, who can select which reviews to put in their highlighted reviews!

You can pick up to 5 reviews to include in the highlighted section. I now have this feature on most gigs (except for the gigs with single-digit reviews).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

This feature is now available to Seller Plus members, who can select which reviews to put in their highlighted reviews!

After reading your post I checked my profile and it's indeed gone 😔 I'm slightly disappointed, but I understand why Fiverr would make it available to only Seller Plus Members. It's a nice touch that you can choose your own preferred reviews though! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/24/2023 at 12:53 AM, vickieito said:

Oh, that makes me sad! 😟 I thought they would let the other sellers keep it, but only let the Seller Plus members choose which reviews get shown.

Thank you for your compassion haha, it makes me sad too!! It would've been nice if that would be the only distinction. But I understand the 'taking away features to add-on by payment' approach in a sense. 

I don't think it's a make-or-break feature when it comes to attracting buyers, but I can see how it could add to the professional impression it gives. And for some buyers, that's what's needed to haul 'em in! 

• Like 2