My account disabled

howerr1

I've been trying to make some money and get orders in Fiverr for 1 week. Today i finally got an order and my account was disabled after 1 hour. There is no explanation of what happened or why my account disabled. I didn't get any warnings at all and i don't think i violated any Terms of Service or other policies. I've been trying to advertise my gig, trying everything just to get a single order. Finally i'm getting a order and my account immediately gets disabled. They didn't even bother to explain what happened. Im pretty mad right now1920185219_Adsz.thumb.png.a75e2194bf851c1a3c504e1211d90b61.png i attach the e-mail they sent me. Could someone please make me a explanation, why did this happened??

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, howerr1 said:

There is no explanation of what happened or why my account disabled.

Oh, come on....  the reason is clearly given in your attached image:

"You account has been flagged for promotional abuse.... We do not accept any attempt to manipulate or hack any of Fiverr's campaigns."

i don't think i violated any Terms of Service or other policies.

Clearly, Fiverr says that you did.

I've been trying to advertise my gig, trying everything just to get a single order.

Explain how you have been trying to advertise your gig. Tell us what actions you have been taking.

They didn't even bother to explain what happened.

They did. You just don't like what they told you. Did you, read, study, and explore the Fiverr TOS?

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 3

You guys are really funny but if you are not gonna help why did you even bother to answer?

39 minutes ago, andymoorevoice said:

I guess you never read them.

D'ya wanna confirm or deny that too?

I read the Terms of Service twice before creating a gig and i read them again after i got banned, i think you should think about it before judging someone without hesitation.

39 minutes ago, andymoorevoice said:

My spider senses, which are very rarely wrong, say you setup a Google ad for it.

D'ya wanna confirm or deny that?

Terms say:

I didn't set up a Google ad for my gig. I only shared it with my friends and in pinterest. I tried to tweet it as well but it didn't work.

33 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

They did. You just don't like what they told you. Did you, read, study, and explore the Fiverr TOS?

By saying they didn't make any explanation i'm trying to ask which act caused this restriction and why didn't i get any warning. In the e-mail it says "promotional abuse" does this actually give you the specific reason why i got banned? I believe at least i should be able to contact with customer service.

Clearly, Fiverr says that you did.

Yeah and i'm trying to understand the specific reason why i got banned. Which act of mine caused this? Because i really don't believe i violated any Terms of Service, i read them before creating a gig and i read them again after i got banned. There is nothing i violated.

Explain how you have been trying to advertise your gig. Tell us what actions you have been taking.

I shared it with my friends and i also posted it on pinterest a link of my gig and my referral link. And a friend of mine was actually registered with my link.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, andymoorevoice said:

Getting mates to register, yeah, that's proper legit ain't it?

Why would you do that?

What kind of question is that? You're literally just trying to blame me for no reason. Dude in the referral page it literally says invite your friends to fiverr and you're actually asking me why would i do that. The whole point of referral program is getting your mates register so YEAH it is legit. This is a place people helps people and you're not helpful at all. Please do not answer this topic anymore go amuse yourself some other way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, catwriter said:

You can. If you can no longer submit a ticket to them, you can email them at support@fiverr.com.

I don't think that he will get a response from Customer Support because in their email, it is stated that There is no need to contact Customer Support 😬

1920185219_Adsz.thumb.jpg.da65f49e33ac043ef5eb170a9b52205c.jpg

Edited by smartdezigns
Additional Content
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, howerr1 said:

I've been trying to make some money and get orders in Fiverr for 1 week. Today i finally got an order and my account was disabled after 1 hour. There is no explanation of what happened or why my account disabled. I didn't get any warnings at all and i don't think i violated any Terms of Service or other policies. I've been trying to advertise my gig, trying everything just to get a single order. Finally i'm getting a order and my account immediately gets disabled. They didn't even bother to explain what happened. Im pretty mad right now1920185219_Adsz.thumb.png.a75e2194bf851c1a3c504e1211d90b61.png i attach the e-mail they sent me. Could someone please make me a explanation, why did this happened??

Well the reason is clearly mentioned that you have done promotional abuse. Probably Fiverr detected something fishy with your advertising method or any unusual activity! 

Did you try to spam others by sending messages? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I don't think that he will get a response from Customer Support because in their email, it is stated that There is no need to contact Customer Support 😬

That's their template. People mail them anyway, and do get some kind of response, even if it's just that the decision can not be reversed.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Did you try to spam others by sending messages? 

No i didn't spam anyone. I just posted on pinterest and shared my referral link with my friends.

4 hours ago, jonbaas said:

If YOU aren't willing to accept insight other than what YOU want, then why bother asking for help?

I apologize, i was aggressive because my account was closed. It can be a little annoying when someone makes fun of you while you waiting to get a proper answer. After publishing this topic i waited for an hour and when i get a notification first thing i saw was Freddie Mercury and some dude just keeps letting me that i setup a google ad and i didn't read ToS with some kind of BS meter. It was frustrating.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, howerr1 said:

Freddie Mercury

"Another One Bites the Dust" was the reference to thousands of accounts getting restricted on January 1st for violating Fiverr's Terms of Service (some of those violations happened years ago, but it looks like Fiverr decided to clean the house now, or at least to pretend that they're doing it). And there were plenty of topics made by people begging for a second chance and/or pretending they didn't understand what they were doing (playing innocent, in other words).

• Like 3

They do suggest friends can join with the link.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360016139438-Referral-Program

With the Fiverr Referral program, you can earn rewards for yourself and your friends.  Your friend signs up to Fiverr & gets 10% off their first purchase; you get credited with 10% of their first order amount, up to $100.

but not that friends order from each other so if that was done that could have been the reason.

But the reason given was "promotional abuse" - if the friend ordered from him they'd probably give "review manipulation" or something about orders as the reason I think. In the original message it said it was not allowed to "manipulate or hack any of the Fiverr campaigns" - that seems like they think it was promoted in a way they thought was wrong (could the referral link have been altered in a way they didn't want?). But I don't think can be about just giving the link to friends if that's what Fiverr suggests people do.

I think it would be best to contact them at the support@fiverr.com address that was given though so it can be explained to them what was done and try to get the account restored.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:
16 minutes ago, andymoorevoice said:

Did one of your friends register through your link and order from you?

If they did and Fiverr suggested that he do that then it's not his fault if he's done what Fiverr said to do. If Fiverr don't want people doing that they shouldn't be telling them to do that.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360016139438-Referral-Program

With the Fiverr Referral program, you can earn rewards for yourself and your friends.  Your friend signs up to Fiverr & gets 10% off their first purchase; you get credited with 10% of their first order amount, up to $100.

@uk1000, sorry, but nowhere in the text you quoted Fiverr says your referral can order from you. Getting "credited with 10% of [your referral's] first order amount" just means what is says: first order. So, in no way Fiverr is telling people to buy from each other.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, maitasun said:

sorry, but nowhere in the text you quoted Fiverr says your referral can order from you

You're right. I edited the post to remove that bit with the quote about the ordering. But I still don't think it might be that they think his friend ordered from him as it would probably have given a different message than "promotional abuse" if it was because of the friend ordering from him.

eg. in that group where thousands of people got account warnings because of ordering from paid reviews/review manipulation the message they were given was something about review manipulation I think.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

@howerr1 as everyone else has pointed out you can get someone to sign up through the referral link but you cannot get them to order from you, logically that may be construed as promotional abuse as you are getting up to 100$ for them signing up and they are getting 10% off their first purchase. I don't know if that is what happened but the fact you were banned as soon as the order was placed  was maybe because the referral link they used and the order were both linked to you.

• Like 1
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

But I still don't think it might be that they think his friend ordered from him as it would probably have given a different message than "promotional abuse" if it was because of the the friend ordering from him.

eg. in that group where thousands of people got account warnings because of ordering from paid reviews/review manipulation the message they were given was something about review manipulation I think.

Well, that's a different story. Only the OP knows the real reason that got him banned. Anything we may say is pure speculation. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2