Someone placed a wrong order, cancellation affected my rating

karambassam828

Hello everyone,

there is something that I need to understand. I do singing and lyrics writing on Fiverr.
I have put a disclaimer on my profile telling sellers not to place any order without discussing the details with me first and also to know my availability 
Someone immediately placed an order (the wrong type of order) without discussing anything with me and i was also busy to take it at that time so I sent him a cancellation request and explained the reasons. I was surprised later to see that my order completion rate went down from 100% to 92%.  I don't see how this is my fault in this case ?!

How can I avoid something like this in the future??

• Like 4
  • Up 1

41 minutes ago, karambassam828 said:

(the wrong type of order)

If its not something you offer you are able to ask Customer Support to make the cancellation not effect your stats. Make sure as well to politely explain to buyer that you do not cover such service.

There is a feature on beta right now called "Request to Order" hopefully it will help you when it releases.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:36 AM, karambassam828 said:

How can I avoid something like this in the future??

Everything @theratypist said. 😊

Also, don't forget that with the new cancelation policy, as long as the buyer places a new order within two weeks of cancelation, this cancelation will not affect your order completion rate (it will, temporarily, until that second order is accepted by the buyer). This doesn't require Customer Support intervention if done right.

I do this type of cancelations a lot, especially when customers accidentally order a higher-priced package. The only time there is an issue is when the order is canceled after the buyer accepts the new order. If you do it in this order, you will need to get Customer Support's help to correct your order completion rate (cancelations must always be done first).

• Like 5
  • Up 1