The customer wants to cancel the order because he wants me to sign a document. He can do it?

thatsvira

Question

Hello, i have a question. A a customer wants to cancel an order because I don't want to sign a copyright agreement on a product I'm selling to him. He wants me to sign a contract stating that the beat sold is copyright free (but all my beats are). He can do it? He have told already that he likes the product but he will cancel the order if i not sign this agreement.

• Like 8

8 answers to this question

On 1/13/2023 at 7:57 AM, thatsvira said:

He wants me to sign a contract stating that the beat sold is copyright free (but all my beats are). He can do it? He have told already that he likes the product but he will cancel the order if i not sign this agreement.

If all your beats are copyright free, then what is the problem? Sign the contract that your copyright beats are free. He can cancel and that is not good for you. I have had to sign NDA contracts. It is a Non Disclosure Agreement and sometimes I signed after the work was done. You have to think about this and judge which is better, a cancelled order or sign the contract and hopefully he will give you a decent review. It is your choice. 

• Like 6

the question is that I won't sign any documents expecially if is not indicated in the gig and I told the client before the order. Anyway there are personal informations that I don't want to share for privacy, expecially with strangers on the web. 

• Like 5