DISHONEST REVIEW

farsatai

Hi friends, a few months ago I got a very dishonest bad review(my first and last) that entirely deranked and put my 'just-booming' gig below the radar. It was an automatic order(no discussions) but the purpose was clear I asked the client if I got the purpose right and she said Yes. After delivery, I assured her my revision is unlimited(I am more concerned about each project so far the asked revision is still reasonable). Trust me, I gave my all to the order, and was sooo good. She asked for revision(the first to be asked from me by a client offline and online) after some time and I asked what part was wrong, which she wasn't clear but then I did a recheck a retouch and sent again assuring she could ask for another. 

Without any more talks, she pointed the lowest review she could give. I contacted her and all but she wasn't ready for talks. Now in case of other times,

– What should I have done further to revert such(knowing it will badly affect my orders, obviously it did veeeery bad!)

– What would you advice I do further from here

Thanks!

Edited by farsatai
  • Like 10
  • Sad 6

On 1/11/2023 at 11:59 PM, farsatai said:

. I contacted her and all but she wasn't ready for talks.

Never do this , even if your buyer gave you a bad review for whatever reason , you shouldn't discuss it with him since it may result in a warning.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:59 PM, farsatai said:

Only one thing , move on ! ( I see that this was 8 month ago ) 

• Like 10
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

You can't do anything about the review your buyer left. As per fiverr's ToS, "Leaving a Buyer's feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards."

The best you can do is move on and focus on your future orders. Continue to provide exceptional services, and one negative review will be insignificant. As @cre8iveartwork advised, do not contact the buyer and pester them about the review they left. Doing so might get you into more trouble. There are sellers who have received warnings, and some even got themselves permanently banned, because they pestered their buyers about the reviews they left.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

Never do this , even if your buyer gave you a bad review for whatever reason , you shouldn't discuss it with him since it may result in a warning.

Only one thing , move on ! ( I see that this was 8 month ago ) 

Thanks for the advice!

I was only going to convince her to see where I could improve or at least compensate if I unknowingly delivered wrongly(as such was my first).

I appreciate your response. 💕 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rahulkajla1 said:

You can't do anything about the review your buyer left. As per fiverr's ToS, "Leaving a Buyer's feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards."

The best you can do is move on and focus on your future orders. Continue to provide exceptional services, and one negative review will be insignificant. As @cre8iveartwork advised, do not contact the buyer and pester them about the review they left. Doing so might get you into more trouble. There are sellers who have received warnings, and some even got themselves permanently banned, because they pestered their buyers about the reviews they left.

Thanks for the advice @rahulkajla1 

I have moved on like you said, I smell an oncoming one even though I'm confident of the delivery (the attitude of a current buyer seems like the former order– not responding). That was what prompted me to seek the opinion of fellow sellers to be better prepared in case.

I appreciate your response. 💕 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

She complains about your punctuation and grammar, so perhaps work on those? And capitalization? Maybe ask a professional proofreader for help?

Thanks for the advice.

It was a Gofundme project, I think she expected some expressions that accentuate some emotion and didn't want some expressions too(she briefly stated when asking first revision something like 'show more emotion') which I asked if she could give an idea if the revised delivery didn't go well with her but she didn't reply anymore but just gave the review.

As a writer, I use 'premium' content tools too (e.g Grammarly....) to cross check for human blunders which there was none. But then, I'll surely work more on my writings.

I understand sometimes there are such clients we won't easily agree.

I appreciate your response 💕 

Edited by farsatai
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, farsatai said:

Hi friends, a few months ago I got a very dishonest bad review(my first and last) that entirely deranked and put my 'just-booming' gig below the radar. It was an automatic order(no discussions) but the purpose was clear I asked the client if I got the purpose right and she said Yes. After delivery, I assured her my revision is unlimited(I am more concerned about each project so far the asked revision is still reasonable). Trust me, I gave my all to the order, and was sooo good. She asked for revision(the first to be asked from me by a client offline and online) after some time and I asked what part was wrong, which she wasn't clear but then I did a recheck a retouch and sent again assuring she could ask for another. 

Without any more talks, she pointed the lowest review she could give. I contacted her and all but she wasn't ready for talks. Now in case of other times,

– What should I have done further to revert such(knowing it will badly affect my orders, obviously it did veeeery bad!)

Thanks!

I have once received a terrible 1-star review because I "delivered too late" even though I delivered before the deadline.

I contacted support and they actually removed the review.

• Like 7
  • Up 4

2 hours ago, stefficolbert said:

I have once received a terrible 1-star review because I "delivered too late" even though I delivered before the deadline.

Wow 😮 that's incredible. 

Thought about this back then too( at least to complain about she ranking me for not communicating well as she was the one not communicating) but I thought it isn't worth it and I may not even win that.

Brave of you to take the step btw.

One lesson here 🔋 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, catwriter said:

She complains about your punctuation and grammar, so perhaps work on those? And capitalization? Maybe ask a professional proofreader for help?

That can't be right because.. SURPRISE! 

Fluent.JPG

Yet the review is "dishonest."  Comedy to start the day

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, newsmike said:

That can't be right because.. SURPRISE! 

Fluent.JPG

Yet the review is "dishonest."  Comedy to start the day

Could you please tell me what you mean by quoting 'dishonest'. Sounds like I got it wrong.

Dictionary didn't help, I'm open to learning. 

Thanks!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, stefficolbert said:

I appreciate your response.

Do you mean the support team can cancel the order even after she marked it complete and left the review? 😮 

• Like 6

Unfortunately, this can happen to any freelancer and it is important to know how to handle such situations in the future.

In terms of what you could have done differently in this specific instance, there are a few things to consider. First, it is important to have clear communication with the client throughout the project to ensure that both parties are on the same page and any issues can be addressed in a timely manner. Additionally, it may be helpful to have a revision policy in place that clearly outlines the number of revisions that are included with the gig and any additional fees that may apply.

Moving forward, it is important to continue providing high-quality work to your clients and to respond promptly and professionally to any concerns or issues that may arise. If you are sure that the feedback is dishonest then you let the CS team know about it. Reach out to Fiverr support team and flag the review as dishonest, if you have solid proof that it is not a fair review.

It's also important to keep in mind that bad reviews are not always permanent (in the sense that they will always keep you "de-ranked"), and if you continue to provide high-quality work, your gig will eventually recover.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, noirparliament_ said:

Unfortunately, this can happen to any freelancer and it is important to know how to handle such situations in the future.

In terms of what you could have done differently in this specific instance, there are a few things to consider. First, it is important to have clear communication with the client throughout the project to ensure that both parties are on the same page and any issues can be addressed in a timely manner. Additionally, it may be helpful to have a revision policy in place that clearly outlines the number of revisions that are included with the gig and any additional fees that may apply.

Moving forward, it is important to continue providing high-quality work to your clients and to respond promptly and professionally to any concerns or issues that may arise. If you are sure that the feedback is dishonest then you let the CS team know about it. Reach out to Fiverr support team and flag the review as dishonest, if you have solid proof that it is not a fair review.

It's also important to keep in mind that bad reviews are not always permanent (in the sense that they will always keep you "de-ranked"), and if you continue to provide high-quality work, your gig will eventually recover.

Thank you @noirparliament_

I'll surely strive more to underline 'my gig TOS'

I appreciate your response 💕 

• Like 5