Why am I getting 0 orders after 2 weeks of waiting?

I am a new seller on fiverr, started 2 weeks ago. I was so excited because I thought I'll be able to prove my skills on fiverr and get money for helping others. But when I actually started on fiverr, I realized the disappointing truth. You can't get orders as a new seller.

I don't know If I did something wrong, clicked the wrong button, or something like that. But I am literally getting 0 orders. All the contacts I receive are from scammers telling me to go to their telegram account. 

All I want is 1 order, so I can prove my skills to fiverr, but the fiverr algorithm won't give me a chance. Did I do something wrong, and how long would it take me to get my first order. (I know someone is going to say it depends) 

Someone, please give me some tips to get my first order!

Here is my fiverr profile:

https://www.fiverr.com/acode123

• Like 4

I mean you said it yourself. You are WAITING. A true professional would focus on marketing their gigs, generate some traction. If you wait.. then you will wait for a long time. This is not Fiverr pre-pandemic, there are many times more sellers, so you have to stand out.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, gdrone said:

if the top level queue has a maximum of 10 orders then no new order should go to that gig.

Why would top rated sellers be punished like that? Why would buyers get restricted like that? And what makes you think that, if the queue of a top rated seller was full, buyers would want to buy from you instead?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

competition is huge, I always suggest to spend your time improving your skills and advertising your talent (in the ways accepted by Fiverr). also, remote working is becoming more and more popular, this means more professionals (but also more buyers). since we are in this important moment of change in the jobs industry, I suggest taking the chance to improve your skills the most you can, to really become talented.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, gdrone said:

how does a seller handle this, I know he does these things with 20/25 people.

That seller could have a team of people. What about it? It's not forbidden.

As long as they deliver on time and their buyers are happy, there's no problem with that.

Someone starts out, becomes successful, expands their business and hires others to work for them... Fiverr loves stories like that.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, andymoorevoice said:

Two weeks in and six gigs published already tells me so much: your two weeks would have been better spent learning how it works here, researching and studying the gigs of your competitors, I'm now three months down here and still not published a gig as I'm taking my time, am not hungry, and am keen to enter the marketplace with a good chance of making sales so I'm not in the same boat as yourself and thousands of others. 

In a world where it's either sink or swim the last thing to do is add lead weights to your chances of success. 

There are 6,373 services available in the infographic design section: neither your thumbnail or the title used is going to help you, not when your gigs are just one click away from so many others which are much better put together than yours are. 

Too much veg, not enough meat in the title.

Provide, any, kind, of, for, more sales = all just fluff and words that nobody is going to enter in search: "more sales" might be the exception but if I enter that in search it returns things like copyrighting, conversion rate optimisation, and pay per click campaign management so even when there's potential, it's never gonna convert.

"I will create a professional infographic for your business"

Where's the fluff?

That's all steak, no roadkill mystery meat, no side salad.

Have you not considered niching down? 

Search for "cosmetic infographic":

image.thumb.png.12334674e457067351834d38076874ea.png

Then there's "pharmaceutical infographic" which yields no results. and this:

image.thumb.png.1044d13a51c8125a1e1ceb0a97f97ccf.png

See how easy it is to niche down within a niche to reduce the competition?

I used to sell ringtones, sold over a million of them my time, we used to be number one, two and three on Google for the word "ringtones" which was the worst kind of traffic as it had no idea which one of the 50,000+ tones in stock that they wanted to buy, they would then need to think which one they wanted, but we also came first, second, and third for things like "artist title ringtone" which meant when the person came to the page all they had to do was listen to it, and decide if they wanted to pay for it or not.

We had some traffic with a 50,000 to 1 chance of converting to sales, and other traffic with a 50/50 chance. 

We made sure the buyers had to do as little thinking as possible.

Read "Don't make me think" by Steve Krug. 

Niching down is like long tail keywords, there might not be as much traffic on them, but it's a better type of traffic with a higher chance of converting to sales. 

My best selling ringtone ever was the CTU phone from 24, I paid £15 for it outright from a producer, and sold it thousands of times a month, all royalty free as it wasn't music: I was flogging that string of 0s and 1s for £3 a pop.

I miss the easy money of those days, but it took a LOT of work to get it to the point where it was making six figures for me without me having to get out of bed, or leave the side of my cocaine dealer down the pub as it was in reality. 

It hit the fan in the end when we did an aggregated deal with all the big labels to get 6.5 million legit songs, just as Google busted me for having 187 million backlinks I'd fudged through some sneaky black-hat SEO by embedding links into a plugin I gave away and was installed on over 100k sites. 

Fun times though, minus the hangovers and burning the company in the end. 

The morale of the story: be more "artist title ringtone" and less "ringtone". 

Your choir and orchestra are playing different songs:

image.png.9bf1295d0c550b5341ab6aa1d6ad12ef.png

"Perks" - this makes me think you're not really Australian, it just sets my spider senses off as I would not call them perks myself. 

Why 6 when none of your packages offer 6 points?

If you're offering 6 perks, what are they, or are we meant to guess?

See the ambiguity you're pushing here?

Is this even you? Coz I'm starting to doubt everything you say by now. Maybe all that coke in a past life has made me paranoid lol 

image.png.948ade1127916d13fdf9d9f6e9f6d7e6.png

Why not use a real picture? It would add some much needed trust

You used an oxymoronic statement that contains no value.

Cheap is never quality and quality is never cheap. 

Anyone wanting cheap quality is the wrong kind of buyer. 

Who is your ideal buyer? 

Why not talk their language?

If you're a programmer, how come there's no coding gigs?

Dev and design are two different beasts, someone who can merge both into one skill set should be charging decent money and rocking it as most developers are retarded when it comes to design, and vice-versa. 

As for taking your time, your profile and the gig I looked at tell me different. 

Then there's the pricing structure as a stumbling block further down the racetrack:

image.thumb.png.b045e97f77d6a4f061366310b63ca70c.png

As someone who has bought infographics here in the past, on a long-since dead account, I'm put off by your pricing.

8 for 5
10 for 10
15 for 30

How many vague points?

"some websites" which ones? 
"more revisions" how many?
"more pages" pages of what? 

"post to infographic sites" what benefit is this going to bring me? If I'm paying for an infographic the last thing I want is anyone else putting it on their site, especially if it's getting published there before I get a chance to upload it to my server, think how Google will see that. It ain't gonna do me any favours if people publish my content before me, why would I want anyone to do that? 

Should things like that and more revisions be extras, rather than part of the packages? Would that not make more sense?

The more data points there are, the less I want to pay for each point.

Speaking of paying, I think the forum should have some kind of tip system built in so people who contribute good information get some reward for their time. It would act as an incentive for people to post better quality responses. 

I appreciate how you roasted me with exactly 1024 words, but to be honest, I found your comments not that useful. First of all, designing infographics is not as competitive as it seems, if you turn the switch for online sellers, it filters out about 90% of competition. I say online about 10 hours a day, so I should get plenty of exposure.

As of stereotyping australians, I have nothing to say to you.

About the 6 perks I mentioned in the thumbnail, if you just take 5 seconds and look at the description of my gig, you'll see what I mean.

I still don't really understand why you spent 3 months "researching fiverrs algorithms". I believe the best way to "research" fiverrs algorithm is by creating gigs and seeing how they do, eliminating the bad ones and leaving good ones.

I was merely asking for an estimate on when I can expect my first order, and you responded with a 1024 word essay. I appreciate your effort.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2