The Fiverr Webinar Today 1-11-23 Titled "How to Stand Out and Get More Clients"

vickiespencer

I attended a Fiverr webinar today that I thought could help me based on the title. However, it was about how to use GT Chat to improve a user's profile and gig write-ups. 

Did anyone else attend this webinar? If so, what are your thoughts on using GT Chat to improve profile and gig write-ups? 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Up 7

3 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Why would Fiverr talk about using AI to improve profiles? 🤯 Isn't that pretty unethical? Is this really the kind of company Fiber wants to be? 
I thought they would wanna promote human creativity...

I wonder if they think that's the lesser evil compared to plagiarism from other sellers? But even then AI isn't exactly original (not sure about the writing one but I know artists hate it). Feels weird that they just blocked thousands of cheaters but now seem to encourage a different way of cheating (unless I misunderstand things and it's just to spell check/etc.)

• Like 13
  • Up 1

It is against Fiverr's TOS to offer gigs that provide rewriting or writing of gig descriptions for other sellers. I do not see how this is different. 

When I asked that question in the Q & A of the seminar. I was told, 
"This is indeed a complicated field. We will soon probably send a clarification to all sellers about the do's and don'ts of using AI on Fiverr."

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, katakatica said:

(unless I misunderstand things and it's just to spell check/etc.)

No, it was not just to spell check. Dennis Yu showed how to use GT Chat to improve the fluency and content of the gig description. 

I thought sellers could not write or rewrite profile and gig descriptions because it is disingenuous for buyers to believe a seller is more capable in English than they are. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 8
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Dennis Yu talked about using the AI as just the first step. For example, to use it as a script to make a gig video (I guess it could be used to make a profile video, too).

I was suspicious at first (that's putting it politely), but by the end of the webinar, he did seem to clarify that the AI text shouldn't be used as is, just as the first step (and then to adjust it).

Also, I've noticed that he basically only analyzed the descriptions from business profiles, that is, sellers that Fiverr sees as highly qualified.

Still, I would like an official clarification from Fiverr, because right now, certain sellers could easily claim that they've heard in a webinar hosted by Fiverr itself it's ok to use AI to write profile and gig descriptions.

Not to mention it's not the first time that people in Fiverr webinars suggest stuff that's against the ToS.

• Like 9
  • Up 5

1 minute ago, vibronx said:

It seems to not be against TOS anymore if you state you have used AI:

I think it's about the work delivered to buyers, not about gig descriptions.

And I seriously doubt that anyone would disclose in the gig description that it was written by ChatGPT.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4

8 minutes ago, catwriter said:

by the end of the webinar, he did seem to clarify that the AI text shouldn't be used as is, just as the first step (and then to adjust it).

Yes, he added that in the last 5 to 7 minutes, perhaps because I had pointed out the TOS gray area. Dennis's goal is to help sellers succeed, which is a positive one. It would have been better if he had told the webinar attendees to use GT Chat as a starting point at the beginning. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vickiespencer said:

It would have been better if he had told the webinar attendees to use GT Chat as a starting point at the beginning. 

Certainly. But that's the problem with so many people they bring to webinars: they tell you something that might make sense elsewhere, but isn't allowed on Fiverr (in one webinar, it was something like "hey, why don't you get to know each other in the chat, and exchange your LinkedIn links").

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I found the part about it being against Fiverr's TOS to use AI-generated profile images. I know a recently frequent Forum poster has an AI-generated profile picture—either that, or he had plastic surgery.  And no it is not @newsmike's handsome face or @damooch916's muscles that have been enhanced by AI. 😊 

1926138959_Screenshot2023-01-11at11_29_32AM.thumb.png.1be29e1280485c7e23fe873e3939a7e6.png

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

I don't understand the generating faces of humans who don't exist bit totally though. For faking profile images I can see why it would be against the rules but hypothetically if a buyer wanted an image or video with a crowd of people in the scene why would it be against the rules to use AI to create/help those people those if there was no copyright/ip problems etc. with it? Or even a single person if it was for a character or something. It wouldn't be able faking profiles there either.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

Not related to ChatGPT, but related to the webinar: there were little gems (in a good way) in it. Quick remarks that should make people think, though they won't get through to the people who need them most.

For example, "if you offer SEO, you should be easy to find via Google" (and then he easily finds that seller's Twitter and LinkedIn accounts).

Or, "On your LinkedIn profile, don't put Fiverr as the company you work for, because you work on Fiverr, you're not their employee; put something like Your Name Inc. instead".

• Like 8

yes, interesting, but if you have a "your name Inc." instead, means you are an amateur (my two cents, please 🙂 ). And this is totally the opposite of what I always explain here, that freelancing must be part of a more complete professional career, and before freelancing you must make stronger your career (or begin one and learn skills).

• Like 5
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

yes, interesting, but if you have a "your name Inc." instead, means you are an amateur (my two cents, please 🙂 ). And this is totally the opposite of what I always explain here, that freelancing must be part of a more complete professional career,

Oh, sorry, I mentioned only a part of it. That specific person had listed Fiverr as one of the places where they've worked (as was pointed out, not exactly accurate, thus the advice), but there were other companies listed in their LinkedIn profile, as well. So there definitely was a more complete professional career, with freelancing on Fiverr just a part of it. 🙂

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone here,

This is just to clarify that the purpose of this webinar was to help you (our freelancers), promote yourselves and develop your business in an efficient and unique way. Of course, there was no desire or insinuation on our part for you, to violate the rules or conditions of our platform.

We apologize if some of the content of the webinar was not properly understood. Our intentions are always to be an educational, enriching and engaging factor for you - between you as a community of sellers and with us as a platform that wants to support and contribute to you at all times.

Please always keep updating us about questions , matters, insights, etc. We want to hear your voice!

For more details about our guidelines and AI - please check this link - https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

In addition, as promised on the webinar, we will soon promote another educational webinar for you, just about Generative AI Tools, to be more clear and helpful.

Best,

Fiverr Editorial Team

• Like 8
  • Up 2