Can I request a refund from the seller?

moonvielle

Hello, can I ask for a refund from my seller?
So I ordered a 20 chapter story writing gig with a 40 day deadline.
But from 28Dec - 11Dec (2weeks) he has just finished 4 chapters....I want to stop using his services, and just pay for the chapters he's already done. I'm actually satisfied with his work, but I'm also pressed for time, because I have to publish 1 chapter/ 2 days
Will it affect his rating on fiveer?

Edited by moonvielle
  • Like 14

• moonvielle changed the title to Can I request a refund from the seller?
22 hours ago, moonvielle said:

But from 28Dec - 11Dec (2weeks) he has just finished 4 chapters....I want to stop using his services, and just pay for the chapters he's already done. I'm actually satisfied with his work, but I'm also pressed for time, because I have to publish 1 chapter/ 2 days

So in 2 weeks from December 28th and January 11th the seller completed 4 chapters out of 20, but only 2 weeks have passed while you gave them 40 days of time. Correct? However, now you realized that you would need the story finished sooner and cannot wait for the deadline that was previously set? If that is the case, the only way to request a refund is by contacting the Customer Support through the active order. Unfortunately, once you request a refund Fiverr will just cancel the order (also affecting Seller's stats) and give you back the amount in whole, so you won't be able to only pay for the chapters done unless the seller creates a new order with a modified price, delivers the finished chapters again and you mark it as complete.

• Like 11

On 1/11/2023 at 6:23 PM, moonvielle said:

You can contact with Fiverr support team. I hope they will give a great suggestion.

• Like 6

On 1/11/2023 at 2:23 AM, moonvielle said:

I want to stop using his services, and just pay for the chapters he's already done. I'm actually satisfied with his work, but I'm also pressed for time, because I have to publish 1 chapter/ 2 days

As @nika_3dartist mentioned, the only way to do this would be to first cancel the first order, then reissue a second order for the chapters that the seller already wrote. If you do it this way, you won't have to contact Customer Support and it won't affect the seller's statistics as long as the second order is placed within 2 weeks of the cancelation. This is per the new cancelation policy:

image.png.f24e23fdb82c4529a017e8cb5273c351.png

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:04 PM, vickieito said:

As @nika_3dartist mentioned, the only way to do this would be to first cancel the first order, then reissue a second order for the chapters that the seller already wrote. If you do it this way, you won't have to contact Customer Support and it won't affect the seller's statistics as long as the second order is placed within 2 weeks of the cancelation. This is per the new cancelation policy:

True! I forgot about this new policy, thank you @vickieito! 😀

• Like 5

The customer support team is not yet adequately trained to handle situations where a buyer requests a cancellation and refund.

They are only trained to follow scripts and protocols for a few specific scenarios.

I will explain a situation from the Seller perspective:
From my experience as a seller, I have encountered a client who requested a refund for a project I had worked on for 4 weeks. I did not agree to the refund because the reason provided was not valid. I was willing to accept a negative review rather than issuing a refund.
However, customer support intervened and I ended up getting a negative review, the client got the refund, and I received a warning.

As a buyer, it's important to consider that a refund request may also cause trouble for the seller. If the seller faces negative consequences, it could impact both parties in future projects.

It's important to try to resolve issues with mutual understanding and communication. 

Edited by bldesign
  • Like 4