'Spare' The fastest selling non fiction book ever! Who's buying?

breals

I just saw an article to say that Prince Harry's new book 'Spare' has become the fastest selling non fiction book of all time.  As a British royalist, it's really disappointing to see how he has handled his situation in recent years, and whilst I don't condone some of the things that have happened to him and his wife,  we have a phrase where I come from to say that you don't 'shit on your own doorstep'!

I do however feel compelled to buy the book, just out of curiosity. 

I wonder how many other people agree with what he has done and said publicly, and whether you will be buying his book?

• Like 6

My country has the imperial family too and they have their own stuff going on ( a good number of them are quite disappointing BTW from my POV)
and I'm guessing that some people from the UK are not happy with what's going on back there.
I have no desire to read the book but there are plenty of people talking about it, it's been on the news in Japan as well, and from what I am seeing/hearing so far,
I don't think he's doing the right thing. I don't really like what the wife is doing either. 
I know, easy for me to say, I ain't a member of the royal family. What do I know, right?

I 100% understand the "out of curiosity" part though.
Maybe you can just wait until one of your friends buy it, and you can borrow it?

• Like 6

23 hours ago, breals said:

That is likely one of the top reasons contributing to the "fastest non-selling book" label it has received. 😅 Haha but I wouldn't stop you of course!

I used to think Harry was fun pre-Meghan and to a point felt bad for how he's been treated by the media up to a point (esp w/ Meghan). It also must have been difficult to lose and grow up without a mom plus all the difficulties of it being so public.

However, ever since they officially left their royal duties for a supposed "private life" it has been all too dramatic and they are making bank with that whole thing. Granted they've been cut off and have no royal paychecks supporting them they need to make money somehow. It has become a whole they said, we said thing and perhaps one side is true or there is some truth to each side it is not helping any sides image. 

Makes you think what is the future of the monarchy given all the things that has happened!

• Like 6

You know what, this reminds me when Monica Lewinsky's book came out years ago after the affair scandal.
I remember going to the bookstore and there was a HUGE stack, and I think it was the fastest selling book at the time...??
At least that's what the media told me, but I didn't see anyone around me buying/reading it.

• Like 5

On 1/11/2023 at 1:51 AM, breals said:

I wonder how many other people agree with what he has done and said publicly, and whether you will be buying his book?

I think they said it's the fastest selling nonfiction ASIDE from the other Harry (as in Harry Potter). But he might surpass, I don't know. Regardless, I have orders to work on and I am not wasting my time with this book. Nothing I can learn from there and I would much prefer fiction or any business book rather than this. Maybe it's just personal taste.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2023 at 12:51 AM, breals said:

I just saw an article to say that Prince Harry's new book 'Spare' has become the fastest selling non fiction book of all time.  As a British royalist, it's really disappointing to see how he has handled his situation in recent years, and whilst I don't condone some of the things that have happened to him and his wife,  we have a phrase where I come from to say that you don't 'shit on your own doorstep'!

You really can't blame them because you never lived with the royal family. They understand their decision better

• Like 4