Updates happened and now I'm stuck.

dwcproductions

You found it intuitive? I've been selling on Fiverr for almost nine years now and haven't used it in the last eight and a half.

I didn't like the old one (buyer requests), and I don't like the new (briefs) one either. I have completely turned off the briefs. I don't even use that feature during the slow months. Buyer requests (briefs now) are filled either with spammers or people looking to buy the world for $5.

Furthermore, briefs are far more vexing than buyer requests. Buyer requests used to sit in a corner I never visited, but I get notifications for briefs. I'll try briefs again when Fiverr removes "flexible" from the budget or gives an option to not get briefs with flexible as their budget. As of now, "flexible" is the new $5.

Instead of answering your question, I appear to have veered off course and ranted about the briefs (formally buyer requests). I am sorry about that. 😬

I guess someone from your gig category would know better about how useful (or not) they were. For my gig category, buyer requests were not very useful and I don't really miss them. I have a little hope for briefs feature.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 5

Your last delivery was 8 months ago, so it's not like buyer requests were of much help to you.

Perhaps you could check what highly successful sellers in your vertical (for example, @newsmike) are doing, how they've structured their gigs, what kind of samples they're using, what their profile and gig descriptions look like (don't copy anything, of course, simply look for inspiration), and then try to improve your profile and gig?

• Like 7

What about returning buyers? Portfolio? You can even try to promote your gigs on different platforms. I know, the competition is very tough nowadays. There are more and more sellers, new accounts are created every day, and it's really hard to get orders for newbies. But don't give up - if you've already had successful sales, have a couple of reviews, then you have a good chance of succeeding again

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Perhaps you could check what highly successful sellers in your vertical (for example, @newsmike) are doing, how they've structured their gigs, what kind of samples they're using, what their profile and gig descriptions look like (don't copy anything, of course, simply look for inspiration), and then try to improve your profile and gig?

Hey Siri, remind me to run plagiarism checker on Friday. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

@rahulkajla1Indeed, I did.  (I've always been the guy who uses the stuff that everyone else finds less helpful if not outright useless.  LoL)  But now, I don't know what the other ways are to go about it, and the instructions aren't very clear to me unfortunately.

@catwriterThey were, but I took time away from the site to focus on other things.  After coming back, it's all unrecognizable to me now.  So now, I have to wait for somebody to find me?  That sounds pretty tough.  Again, compared to how it used to be, where I could seek buyers out, rather than hope that they just stumble upon me, it sounds like more work.  (And yes, I know about promoting on social media, etc., but again, I was able to get on just fine without that before, with the old ways.)

• Like 3

I may have mis-phrased my question.

How do I go about finding the requests on the site now that the Buyer Request feature is retired?

When I click the link that takes me to "Get Matched With Buyers", it tells me to click "Opportunity".  But I don't even know how to get to that.  Do I look for buyers on the site?  Do I hope they just stumble onto my profile?  Like, how do I go about finding gigs now that it's different?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dwcproductions said:

So now, I have to wait for somebody to find me? 

That's how Fiverr was designed to work. Fiverr was never meant to be a bidding platform, you have other freelancing platforms for that. What made Fiverr different was that buyers were able to place orders directly, without the sellers spending time on sending proposals.

8 hours ago, dwcproductions said:

And yes, I know about promoting on social media, etc., but again, I was able to get on just fine without that before, with the old ways.

Plenty of successful sellers never promote their gigs on social media, nor were they using buyer requests while they still existed.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dwcproductions said:

Like, how do I go about finding gigs now that it's different?

Buyers find you, either through the marketplace, or via participation in the matching feature. THEY search for what THEY need on the site. That's how Fiverr works. Fiverr is a marketplace for freelance services, not an "I need work" resume site.

• Like 4