Request to contact on email in my first order

designerrpro

Hi.

I am a new seller (according to Fiverr) and I just got my first order since past 3 years on Fiverr. And the client is saying me to contact her on gmail. 
What should I do? Fiverr has put this message to spam automatically. Should I convince her to communicate only via Fiverr? 

or should I contact her through gmail?

screensh9ot.PNG

• Like 14
  • Up 2

Hello.

I think this is spam, don't contact her by email. You can send her a messager via Fiverr just to reminder her that communication by email are forbidden while working through Fiverr.

I am pretty sure that she sent the same message to other sellers and she will be banned soon. 

Have a nice day

Cristina

• Like 15
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, critzalide said:

Hello.

I think this is spam, don't contact her by email. You can send her a messager via Fiverr just to reminder her that communication by email are forbidden while working through Fiverr.

I am pretty sure that she sent the same message to other sellers and she will be banned soon. 

Have a nice day

Cristina

Yes thanks Crtizalide, I did the same, and as you said, she has been banned now. Fiverr shows the message that "(She) can no longer be contacted."

• Like 15
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, designerrpro said:

Hi.

I am a new seller (according to Fiverr) and I just got my first order since past 3 years on Fiverr. And the client is saying me to contact her on gmail. 
What should I do? Fiverr has put this message to spam automatically. Should I convince her to communicate only via Fiverr? 

or should I contact her through gmail?

screensh9ot.PNG

Convince her to continue the communication on Fiverr. Furthermore, explain to her it's against Fiverr's TOS to share emails or communicate out of the platform.

• Like 17
  • Up 1

Just now, proconsultn2035 said:

Convince her to continue the communication on Fiverr. Furthermore, explain to her it's against Fiverr's TOS to share emails or communicate out of the platform.

Thankyou Proconsultn2035 for your valuable comment, I've understood and did the same thing.

• Like 18

Unfortunately this happens all the time, also when it's not spam so my advice would be to prepare some kind of template for the next time someone is asking you. Most people completely understand it when you tell them the reason behind it or also inform about the video chat function for business clients 🙂

• Like 18

Most potential buyers don't even read the TOS when they accept them. So when they find a gig they like, they just drop a quick message with their contact info expecting sellers to email them outside the platform, since it is more convenient to them.

Like almostfauxreal said, this happens pretty much all the time on Fiverr. Explain to them how the TOS works and that you are not allowed to discuss a project outside the platform. If they are legit, they will understand and accept to continue here. If not, they will either be banned soon, or just move on because they aren't interested in Fiverr itself.

• Like 14

• 8 months later...