Fiverr is not explaining why I'm not eligible as a seller. What do I do?

karimthemathguy

Question

I received an email on being not being approved as a seller. Fiverr is not explaining their decision process. Here are the details.

1. I run a small business in NYC

2. The images I used are from the work I have completed. I include the images I used. 

3. My gig was data analysis and visualization using Tableau and R

4. My description for my gig was unique. It written from scratch and I did not copy anything

I'm laying out these details because when I googled, this were the concerns but they don't apply to me. I also have verified credentials. Can someone please help and explain. Fiverr Support Team won't explain. My W2 Forms also were confirmed. 

https://www.fiverr.com/karimthemathguy/data-analysis-and-visualization-tableau

Edited by karimthemathguy
  • Like 7

4 answers to this question

You could contact customer support at the help desk or support@fiverr.com and ask them what the reason was.

It might be that their image checker thought there was a very similar image to your gig image, ie. they might have just found the stock image you used. But if you got the stock image from a site that allows commercial use and followed their terms then there shouldn't be any problem with using it as part of your gig image (if the terms allowed it). You could explain it to customer support if there's any issue with that.

For your gig instead of "I will data analysis..." you could have said "I will do data analysis..." but that's not a reason not to allow you to be a seller.

They might have thought something in your profile description or somewhere else in your profile set up or gig description might not be accurate. But you could maybe show proof if that was the reason.

For the gig images if Fiverr found any images the same then that might be a reason. eg. if the computer code was from a tutorial/course that existed on the web as an image then that might have been found and made Fiverr think it wasn't original.

So the best thing would be contacting support about it if you haven't been given the reason and want to find out and you could explain things to them, show any proof and see if you can get your seller account enabled.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I fear that Fiverr won't provide me a reason as there is no incentive to do so. Their bot auto replied with 

"Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. We understand you tried to open a Seller profile on Fiverr, and received our response explaining your request wasn't approved
Unfortunately, this decision can’t be changed.
Your seller profile wasn’t approved, but you are welcome to continue using Fiverr as a buyer.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
All the best,"

So, if a bot made this decision, it cannot be changed? I'm really sorry for being an inconvenience on the site, but I really need a direct answer or help. I was even going to enroll in their badge courses to FURTHER verify my credentials.

Thank you so much for the reply uk1000, perhaps with this knowledge, I can avoid the algorithm accidently removing my gig. I'm trying to think really hard about how my gig could trigger a violation. Looking back, the images are MINE, including the banner image of NYC. Maybe Fiverr doesn't allow that in general, with check TOS again. Fiverr also does not allow me to link my LinkedIn. But if the fiverr bot says, "this decision can't be changed". then what the is point, I'm honestly really disappointed and discouraged to move forward with this.  

Edit: You know what, I did use a Canva template to make my banner, but I made edits myself, specifically the color and NYC image, but the hexagon is the same. Maybe writing "1000+ hours" in my profile is tipping red flags, even though this is just 25 business days of work and I like to make myself look unique. I can change next time. I can try maybe taking a screenshot of my code directly instead of a screenshot of results, that way they know its mine and hopefully doesn't tip of the algorithm. Maybe uk1000 is on to something with my title "I will data analysis....", it does not sound professional or unique, I will make it unique next time, I just like going straight to the point. 

Does anyone know what to do moving forward if bots are the only responders from customer support. 

Double Edit: When I image search my banners, there is one that says my banner is my pages that include matching images. I think this might be what is triggering the algorithm to remove me as a seller. It is the same hexagon format since I'm using Canva template. But again, I won't know because Fiverr is not responding to, only bots. I don't think the hexagon should be an issue.

Screenshot 2023-01-08 033501.png

Edited by karimthemathguy
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, uk1000 said:

You could contact customer support at the help desk or support@fiverr.com and ask them what the reason was.

It might be that their image checker thought there was a very similar image to your gig image, ie. they might have just found the stock image you used. But if you got the stock image from a site that allows commercial use and followed their terms then there shouldn't be any problem with using it as part of your gig image (if the terms allowed it). You could explain it to customer support if there's any issue with that.

For your gig instead of "I will data analysis..." you could have said "I will do data analysis..." but that's not a reason not to allow you to be a seller.

They might have thought something in your profile description or somewhere else in your profile set up or gig description might not be accurate. But you could maybe show proof if that was the reason.

For the gig images if Fiverr found any images the same then that might be a reason. eg. if the computer code was from a tutorial/course that existed on the web as an image then that might have been found and made Fiverr think it wasn't original.

So the best thing would be contacting support about it if you haven't been given the reason and want to find out and you could explain things to them, show any proof and see if you can get your seller account enabled.

I already addressed somethings here, but I want to directly thank you. Seems like my main banner image is triggering a lot of red flags.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, karimthemathguy said:

So, if a bot made this decision, it cannot be changed?

There are people at the Fiverr help desk though so maybe there's some way you can ask to escalate the issue or maybe in the help desk ask to speak to another support person and ask for the specific reason for being denied (or maybe you have already). But you could try asking to speak to someone else/escalating.

They probably have pre-defined template answers that might help them reply to questions but I expect for this it's still a person there (I think they only use totally a 'bot'/totally predefined answer for things like "I can't find my gig in search' where everything is selected by the seller in the menu before it tells you what the status of your gig is).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5