Fiverr Is Giving Me Free Money?

izah_moh

Me and CS are trying to get to the bottom of this, but this is the second or 3rd time since Christmas money has just appeared in my balance. But now I have it reflected in my earnings overview that I'm able to screenshot and show as proof (before all I had as indication something was wrong was seeing my available balance do the macarena up and down).

Has this happened to anyone else before or am I the chosen one?

(Also this isn't related to anything else because they've already taken out their Promoted Gig fees, and I'm not subscribed to Seller Plus or Cash Advance or anything else.)

Screenshot 2023-01-06 184706.png

• Like 8

What caused this? My guess is that one of the following things happened:

a.  You moved to a new apartment without a chimney, so this is how Santa delivered your presents.

b. It was a test. Are you trustworthy enough to deserve having your gigs placed where they'll get orders? 

c.  You're supposed to take the numerical value of the sum of these earnings . . . then . . ummm, I don't know . . . it's a clue somehow, on a treasure hunt, somehow.

d. It's what the ghost of Christmas future wanted to show you, but later realized that more earnings is actually a good thing.

But then, the guy at Fiv Headquarters (who had done the ghost a solid), forgot to delete it.

And now it's just that Fiv is too embarrassed to admit they made this particular mistake. 

Or . . . It might be a combination of two or more of the above.

While we're waiting for CS to do their thing, 

maybe someone else here would like to continue this thread by

explaining how for example, b) might have led to c),  or whatever?

[Whatever combination and sequence seems most logical  😉 to you.]

• Like 8
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, izah_moh said:

I wish I understood one word of what you said, but this was funny so I'll take it as the final answer.

Is it because I wrote in English? Or because it's too weird to make sense on a Friday night (when most people have a beer in one hand, and another beer in the other)?  If it's the former, let me know—I'm happy to explain here through drawings. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Did you try adding all the pending amount and does it equal to the amount shown on payments being cleared? 

Well it says "payment" instead of "order" so there is some messed up code somewhere that needs to be cleaned. Haha!

I for one have a pending amount that has been trying to clear for more than 6 months now. 🤣

It adds up to my payments being cleared, but the money I have already withdrawn way back when.

I've already reported this to CS a week after it was supposed to clear and they said Fiverr will get one big payments update and it will be eventually fixed and it is just a visual glitch.

We eventually reached the "big payments update" referring to the new payments interface we have, and it still was not fixed. I brought it up to them again and their new response was they relayed it to the relevant team and it is again.. just a visual glitch. 

Untitled.png

• Like 10
  • Up 2

Since there's 2 items that have the "1/15/23" date and one of those is the payment you're asking about, you could try looking at the order details (order page) of the other item with the "1/15/23" date and checking if there were any other payments shown there (eg. if there were any tips on the order page for it for about that much or extras).

• Like 9

1 minute ago, mae_creativity said:

Is it because I wrote in English?

Considering English is my first and main language, no I don't think that's it.

2 minutes ago, mae_creativity said:

Or because it's too weird to make sense on a Friday night (when most people have a beer in one hand, and another beer in the other)?

Nah, that's not it either. Never taken a sip on alcohol for religious and personal reasons (why would I pay to be incoherent and blackout?)

Maybe it's because you were too vague and didn't really help answer my points?

4 minutes ago, mae_creativity said:

I'm happy to explain here through drawings.

That's very nice of you, I'd love that! It'll certainly help me understand more than whatever fantasy quest riddle you were saying before.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Did you try adding all the pending amount and does it equal to the amount shown on payments being cleared? 

Well it says "payment" instead of "order" so there is some messed up code somewhere that needs to be cleaned. Haha!

I've done the math multiple times and everything seems to add up. I had some tips disappear a while ago but then seem to reappear during the first week of January.

I cannot seem to trace this back to any order as it has no order number or any identifying feature attached to it.

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Since there's 2 items that have the "1/15/23" date and one of those is the payment you're asking about, you could try looking at the order details (order page) of the other item with the "1/15/23" date and checking if there were any other payments shown there (eg. if there were any tips on the order page for it for about that much or extras).

I though so too, but the client for that order accidentally made an extra purchase on the order (they're new to the site) and tried to reverse it but couldn't, and decided to leave it as a tip. But maybe you're right!

The final amount should be reflected as one payment, so maybe Fiverr is being buggy and showing it as two separate payments instead?

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, izah_moh said:

The final amount should be reflected as one payment, so maybe Fiverr is being buggy and showing it as two separate payments instead?

I thought Fiverr normally puts tips as a different item in the earnings page (which can make things more complex without the order number). So if the tip (or order extra) is for that amount ($8) then that will probably be it.

eg. in my earnings page it shows the tip and the extra on separate lines (but it does link to the order and show the order number on both - maybe because it's cleared. Maybe it will show your tip a bit differently when it's cleared.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

@uk1000 

I just went into the order and realized the final total and what I made aren't correct!

MYSTERY SOLVED! Thank God!!!

(It shows as $56 in the order but $48 and a separate $8 in the overview. I don't know how I missed that! It's never done that for me before)

1382650785_Screenshot2023-01-06203206-1.thumb.png.06710acc991080cb872a1cb5697a9948.png1514385882_Screenshot2023-01-06203352.png.a5f7af736a8e9352f1598c2d166c572b.png671052769_Screenshot2023-01-06203505.thumb.png.08657d07b3fb32b3fd0151bdb45d556d.png

670497492_Screenshot2023-01-06204523.thumb.png.f65bf592824b7c7131bf747e5ff3da7c.png

36 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I thought Fiverr normally puts tips as a different item in the earnings page (which can make things more complex without the order number). So if the tip (or order extra) is for that amount ($8) then that will be it.

They do, but they also write it as "Tip" in the description. And whenever a client purchases a gig extra or add-on, it's added as one general amount under the main order. I've never seen anything separated as it's own thing without an order number or client name attached.

But thanks so much for helping me! ❤️

Now I feel bad for wasting Customer Support's time. I should probably just go withdraw my ticket seeing as they're already backed up as it is.

Edited by izah_moh
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

6 minutes ago, izah_moh said:

I just went into the order and realized the final total and what I made aren't correct!

I think because in some figures it shows it before it's removed Fiverr's 20%.

eg. the $60 and $10 are before Fiverr have taken their 20% off (which then becomes $48 and $8 after the 20% is taken off).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

In the end, moral of the story, I should've had faith in Fiverr and realize they would never make a mistake in their financing where I'D be the one getting more money than I actually made. (Can't say the same for/speak on behalf of those who say Fiverr has been taking money from them)

So next time this happens, I can just rest easy that everything will work itself out (or probably already has).

The End 📖💖

• Like 7
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

eg. the $60 and $10 are before Fiverr have taken their 20% off (which then becomes $48 and $8 after the 20% is taken off).

Basically how they operate with tips. It just makes no sense that they wouldn't attach an order number and name to it, and then go as far as to separately classify it as "Payment will clear" instead of "Order/Tip will clear" like it's previously done for order extras or tips. Just creates unnecessary confusion. But I'll just chalk it up to being a bug and call it a day. Thanks again! 💝💖

Edited by izah_moh
  • Like 10

18 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Tips are handled as separate payments. 

Yes, you're right.

On 1/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, izah_moh said:

money has just appeared in my balance

Can you imagine izah_moh Fiverr will distribute free money among the sellers? This is your own earned.

On 1/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, izah_moh said:

Has this happened to anyone else before

Yes

• Like 5

On 1/12/2023 at 10:56 AM, donnovan86 said:

Pretty sure that's how tips are shown.

Tips aren't shown to me that way. Like I showed in the screenshot, it's listed as it's own thing. I've never had anything show up on my earnings page like that before.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:38 PM, melanielm said:

I just wanted to point out that Milestone orders after the first one are also shown without anything in the order column on the earnings page.

I've never done milestone orders before, so that couldn't be it. (But thank you for the heads up!)

But regardless of that the person I talked to from CS informed me it WAS a glitch from a new buyer not understanding the system. (They accidentally bought a gig extra and tried to change it to a tip while accepting AND revising the order. I'm still not sure how they got so confused 😅)

12 hours ago, shabanajabeen said:

Can you imagine izah_moh Fiverr will distribute free money among the sellers? This is your own earned.

I know. I was being hyperbolic and my usual dramatic self 🥰

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, izah_moh said:

Tips aren't shown to me that way. Like I showed in the screenshot, it's listed as it's own thing. I've never had anything show up on my earnings page like that before.

On 1/12/2023 at 5:38 PM, melanielm said:

Yes, tips are shown as their own thing. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, izah_moh said:

I've never had anything show up on my earnings page like that before

Clarification: I've never had anything show up as a BLANK like that for me before.

Everything is classified under its own category, and can be traced back with an order number. This had neither of those thing.

• Like 5