Should you ask for a review after the delivery?

gajuseidi

I've seen some discussion about this topic and I'm curious. Should you ask your client to leave a review after the delivery? Is it worth subtly mentioning that their feedback would be helpful? I've seen people saying that one should not mention reviews or feedback in their messages as it might trigger a warning and I've seen people suggesting otherwise. I'm leaning towards not mentioning it, but I am curious what are your thoughts.

• Like 41
  • Haha 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

When Fiverr says, "Don't do it", then you probably shouldn't do it. But that doesn't stop some people. I do not ask for one and I have a lot of buyers that did not leave a review. At least the one I can see, I am not sure about the secret reviews. I hope we get some comments from people that have asked for reviews and if they got any warnings.

• Like 29
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

When Fiverr says, "Don't do it", then you probably shouldn't do it.

See, that's where I get confused. Fiverr does not say "don't do it". Quote from TOS: "Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies."

It clearly says that users are not allowed to solocit buyers to remove/modify reviews, but does not say anything about asking to leave one.

• Like 33
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/25/2021 at 10:40 AM, gajuseidi said:

I've seen people saying that one should not mention reviews or feedback in their messages as it might trigger a warning and I've seen people suggesting otherwise.

I think you've been on the forum for enough time to make an informative decision on such a practice.

If you are still unsure, take a quick look at the profiles of those who promote mentioning/soliciting reviews and then take a look at the profiles of those who oppose doing so. 

• Like 28
  • Confused 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

I've seen some TRS' videos on YouTube (one of them is "Fiverr Talks"), which as far as I can remember, he said do not ask for a specific review, but "politely ask if they were satisfied, if they do, then telling them to consider leaving (any) review", something along these lines.

I don't do that, I don't want to risk it. Some buyers are very sensitive and you can end up in bigger issues. Better stay on the safe side.

• Like 26
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

You can ask for a review upon delivery, you can't ask for a specific or positive review. This was confirmed by a Fiverr success manager and is current practice by multiple TRS and PRO sellers. 

To give you an example, this exact wording has been confirmed to be totally fine to use on a delivery message:

"When you close the order, if you could go ahead and rate it and answer any Fiverr surveys, that would be really helpful for us!"

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 30
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, enunciator said:

I think you've been on the forum for enough time to make an informative decision on such a practice.

While I am leaning towards not mentioning it, it is very tempting when I have an extensive dialogue with a client after the order and they do not leave a review. 😄 It is not entirely clear for me, as it is standard practice in the e-commerce world. That's why I really appreciate the input of veteran fiverr sellers such as yourself. Thank you.

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

You can ask for a review upon delivery, you can't ask for a specific or positive review. This was confirmed by a Fiverr success manager and is current practice by multiple TRS and PRO sellers. 

Thank you! It was along the lines of what I was thinking. Right in the beginning I was implying to my clients that their feedback would be really helpful. Now I don't do it, but sometimes it's very tempting.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, arnukas said:

I've seen some TRS' videos on YouTube (one of them is "Fiverr Talks"), which as far as I can remember, he said do not ask for a specific review, but "politely ask if they were satisfied, if they do, then telling them to consider leaving (any) review", something along these lines.

I don't do that, I don't want to risk it. Some buyers are very sensitive and you can end up in bigger issues. Better stay on the safe side.

Thank you! I always thought that subtly implying that the client's feedback would be very helpful would be allowed. On the other hand, asking for a positive review is a terrible practice no matter if it's allowed or not.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

As earlier discussed in the thread, wherein a Fiverr success manager has confirmed that you can just not a specific kind of a review.. similarly Fiverr Customer Support also said that you can "remind" them.

927277302_ScreenShot2021-06-30at2_29_21PM.png.b5ed7dcf5e593ff21be0d75083194dbc.png.e6d9af0b794d48aeb52549769f5924f4.pngT

Credits to the OP from this thread for sharing:

Upon delivery I don't state any messages regarding feedback or anything. I feel like they would leave one if they wanted to. But there is enough proof to back up you can sort of say something in the lines of that. It's fair I guess, I mean feedback is helpful. Oh the blurred lines. Haha.  [I still wouldn't do it though but have nothing against those who do]

• Like 26
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 5

@vickiespencer, I believe you had a conversation with CS about asking for reviews?

16 minutes ago, gajuseidi said:

It is not entirely clear for me, as it is standard practice in the e-commerce world.

It is... Which is probably why Fiverr reminds buyers to leave a review, and then reminds them again. How would you feel if you got reminded to leave a review for a purchase, and then you got another reminder, and then you got the third one?

• Like 23
  • Up 1

Just now, catwriter said:

@vickiespencer, I believe you had a conversation with CS about asking for reviews?

It is... Which is probably why Fiverr reminds buyers to leave a review, and then reminds them again.

I do remember your post from a similar topic, the only post mentioning that fiverr asks the clients to leave a review twice. It was quite helpful as I have never bought anything on fiverr yet.

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

How would you feel if you got reminded to leave a review for a purchase, and then you got another reminder, and then you got the third one?

I'm not sure how I would feel, I guess I would have to experience it. 😄 The apps that have this intrusive way of asking for feedback multiple times do get annoying, because they pop up in the middle of using them and take up the whole screen. With fiverr it's all right after the order so I guess it's a lot more bearable and easier to ignore.

• Like 22
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

I have never bought anything on fiverr yet.

Neither have I. But those who have bought mentioned that somewhere on the forum. 🙂

13 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

With fiverr it's all right after the order so I guess it's a lot more bearable and easier to ignore.

That depends... I've seen buyers who buy a lot complaining about all the reminders they get from Fiverr to leave a review (imagine purchasing a bunch of orders for various stuff, and then getting two review reminders for each and every order).

• Like 21
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, enunciator said:

If you are still unsure, take a quick look at the profiles of those who promote mentioning/soliciting reviews and then take a look at the profiles of those who oppose doing so.

You can't judge all people here on the forum by how many reviews they have versus someone that asks for reviews. I work full time and can't be on here full time. I have a family member that I am a caregiver to. I work on here as much as I can. When I am at work, I apply for jobs on the BR, on my breaks only. I don't apply for jobs that have a request to be done in a few hours. Please don't lump all of us in together. Each person has their own work schedule and there are a lot of part timers on here that cannot be on here 24/7. I would love to quit my job and work here full time, but right now I have to pay my bills. 

• Like 18
  • Up 1

This came as a surprise to me as I always thought asking buyers to leave a review was against Fiverr TOS. As I've had this in my head for so long I think I'd still be reluctant to ask. I'm not sure if doing this feels right to me. Also a buyer could take it the wrong way or feel pressured, and if they're not completely willing to leave one, you could end up with just an average review, rather than a glowing review from someone who wants to leave one without being asked. I feel I'll leave it up to the buyer, at least for now, but will definitely give it some thought and keen to read more responses from sellers who have tried this.

• Like 18
  • Up 3

On 8/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, theratypist said:

As earlier discussed in the thread, wherein a Fiverr success manager has confirmed that you can just not a specific kind of a review.. similarly Fiverr Customer Support also said that you can "remind" them.

927277302_ScreenShot2021-06-30at2_29_21PM.png.b5ed7dcf5e593ff21be0d75083194dbc.png.e6d9af0b794d48aeb52549769f5924f4.pngT

Credits to the OP from this thread for sharing:

Upon delivery I don't state any messages regarding feedback or anything. I feel like they would leave one if they wanted to. But there is enough proof to back up you can sort of say something in the lines of that. It's fair I guess, I mean feedback is helpful. Oh the blurred lines. Haha.  [I still wouldn't do it though but have nothing against those who do]

But is Uros still working with Fiverr after sending that email? That's the more pertinent question right now.. For all we know, it was probably Uros's last day so they decided to have some fun.. 

• Like 18
  • Haha 6
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...

You need strong hands and an understanding of the human anatomy to deliver a good massage.

For a delivery message, proper grammar and correct spelling are quite helpful.

Beyond that, I would recap what you accomplished in the order, reiterate what steps the buyer may need to take next, and explaining after-delivery support (if applicable).

Edited by zackreynolds
  • Like 49
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Community!👋

I seem to have quite a few lazy buyers who do not like leaving reviews.

This is unfortunate because a few of them order multiple time per week.

I have asked one of them before if they could leave me some ratings on the orders. He replied, "Of course," but never did.

Besides, it feels weird to ask.

Do you encourage your clients to leave ratings? If so, how?

Have a lovely day 🍀

Edited by stefficolbert
  • Like 26
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1