Lets recall our worst selling experience

bakahenshin

Most customers are wonderful, but its always the worst ones that you remember for years to come... So lets lament together!

I always think back to one of my first ever illustration commissions. I was just a kid and got a message from someone on my old social media. They wanted something I probably shouldn't say on this kind of website. They framed it as an inside joke that they wanted to share with friends however, and being the extremely naive child I was back then, I happily accepted it. Suddenly after this commission I was absolutely swarming with creeps asking for similar "material" to the point it got so bad I ditched the account entirely. Nowadays I cringe thinking out it and how obvious it is now that I shouldn't have accepted the first one. Live and learn though.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Let's rather not and focus on positive stuff. 🙂 There's plenty of negativity in the world, I much prefer having something positive

I'll do both at once, then.

My worst selling experience was when I was pretty new on Fiverr. A "buyer" (scammer would be the correct designation) with a hyperfake profile, whom I'd never have sent a custom offer, ordered a Gig. After delivery, they DEMANDED a refund, yes, in all-caps, yes, without giving even the shadow of a hint of a reason. Just like "REFUND!!!!!!!".

Well, the overly obvious fakeness of their account didn't hint at an intellect capable of more subtle scamming, either.

The positive part of the story, when I checked the account at a later time, it was gone. 🙂 So, they couldn't scam anyone else, at least not on Fiverr thereafter.

Granted, perhaps with a different account, but all things considered, it probably was someone Fiverr could manage to really perma-ban, even back then, with less evolved security algorithms.

And yes, most customers are wonderful, agreed! Some are chaotic good or chaotic neutral, which is a more of a challenge to work with than pure good or neutral, but thankfully, there aren't many pure evil or chaotic evil ones, or I don't really get those (that one from my story above, I couldn't really call pure evil, more, like, pure stupid, if that was a category). And as I tend to play chaotic good or chaotic neutral characters in roleplay, I can deal with some amount of chaos 😉

I hope your username choice for your current account won't attract any problematic customers, OP 😅 but as you've learned from your bad exp, you'll probably be fine 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

It's not the kind of things we can forget:

1 year and half ago, someone wanted a picture editing where I had to reseize and place his pictures on a single page, once the job was done, buyer left 5 stars review and seemed happy.
But the buyer started to ask me things once the order was marked as completed and was waiting for each of his pictures to have a background replaced, color grading and write a number on each pictures and export them 1 by 1, there had 30 pictures, it would have taken so long time.
Since the beginning he had misunderstood and thought I was supposed to give the pictures album + the others tasks then I gave the album with 1 background from what i understood because he had himself marked the order as comleted and anyway, everything buyer asked didn't fit with the price.
So the buyer started to speak bad in saying I was wasting his time then it was rather him who was wasting my time and if he was honnest he would have just re ordered and ask for further work.
So I blocked him but he reported me in saying what happened and I got a message from fiver support, but fiverr support was on my side because it was buyer's fault 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

One of the worst experiences:
It's the typical one, very picky and demanding, poor communication etc. Good news is that she didn't ask for a refund, but I decided to never accept and order from her again.
The most annoying experience: Some idiot placed an order, added ALL the gig extras and then asked for a cancellation saying that he "accidentally" placed an order.
I kept denying his cancellation request, demanding an apology and an honest explanation.
Towards the end he was begging me to cancel the order and confessed that he was just trying to mess up my order completion rate because he was "jealous".

What a pathetic human.

Best experience:
this one is tricky because so many of my sellers are great. 
They are kind, respectful, funny, basically everything you want in a buyer!
So far January for me is a bit slow, I hope a nice and generous buyer contact me again soon. 😎

• Like 6
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, zeus777 said:

The most annoying experience: Some [redacted] placed an order, added ALL the gig extras and then asked for a cancellation saying that he "accidentally" placed an order.
I kept denying his cancellation request, demanding an apology and an honest explanation.
Towards the end he was begging me to cancel the order and confessed that he was just trying to mess up my order completion rate because he was "jealous".

What a pathetic human.

( Redacted the quote a little, suman 😉 )

Ah, I've tried insisting on an actual explanation in two such cases, too. If memory serves, in the one case, it was "my son ordered accidentally" (don't ask me why people park their offspring in front of a logged-in Fiverr window instead of Disney Channel, maybe in the hopes of raising the next Fiverr millionaire by early exposure), in the other, I did get an apology that I hadn't asked for but not an explanation that I had asked for.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 1/4/2023 at 9:49 PM, donnovan86 said:

Let's rather not and focus on positive stuff. 🙂 There's plenty of negativity in the world, I much prefer having something positive to talk about!

Aww but complaining is fun!

My best experience is probably a repeat customer that was just really kind in general and would ask for stuff I genuinely enjoyed making. I hope she's doing well!

On 1/5/2023 at 3:30 AM, miiila said:

I hope your username choice for your current account won't attract any problematic customers, OP 😅 but as you've learned from your bad exp, you'll probably be fine 🙂

Can I ask what you mean by this? I draw and animate in an anime/manga style so I picked a username that reflected that. Do you just mean people who like that stuff often ask for weird things or is there something going over my head here?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bakahenshin said:

Can I ask what you mean by this? I draw and animate in an anime/manga style so I picked a username that reflected that. Do you just mean people who like that stuff often ask for weird things or is there something going over my head here?

Just a joke, I love manga and anime myself, I just meant you might get customers who know the terms "baka" or "hen(tai)", and either are baka and hen na hito themselves, and thus attracted to your username, hoping to meet a kindred soul, or think you are baka, and they can exploit that! 😉 Just joking, although here have been people complaining about creeps on the forum before, where their username may have been part of the issue, actually. But you'll surely get many lovely customers who aren't creepy at all.  

Edited by miiila
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, miiila said:

"my son ordered accidentally"

Iiiiinteresting, because in my case when the guy started begging me to accept the cancellation he said "his little brother" accidentally placed the orders.
Seriously, is that the best excuse you can come up with? It's been a few years, I hope he is a better human now.

3 hours ago, miiila said:

baka and hen na hito themselves, and thus attracted to your username

Oh we've got PLENTY bakas and henna hito here and outside Fiverr!!
"Henshin" means to transform, but for some creepy people they might only see the "hen" part and ignore the rest. 

BTW OP, personally I think you should add at least one more sample image, your style looks very nice so you should show them off more!

• Like 3

Just had one yesterday , my buyer kept saying that he likes a file, he even used the word ' perfect ' and thanked me :)) just to leave a 1 star review saying ' I think he is a scam ' 😄 Poor behavior overall but we can't do much about it. 

• Like 2
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, gayanchamira said:

Asked many revisions under unlimited revisions and cancelled the order after lot of revisions,

You could change the gig(s) package(s) to a fixed number of revisions so they're less likely to ask for so many in future.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3