Jump to content

Does Anyone Know why Warnings are given


Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm pretty new on Fiverr, and I started to offer editing and proofreading services to Computer Science applicants who speak English as a second language. I created a few complimentary gigs and I immediately received 2 warnings. If I get another I will be kicked off the platform, or suspended.

When I asked Fiverr support why the gigs were denied and warnings given, they just sent me a general article, and the more I asked, the less they told me.

The problem is that there are hundreds of other gigs just like the one that I posted and I got warnings.

Is there a way to find out exactly why I was given the warnings, or maybe someone has any advice?

Thanks for your time,

Anthony

  • Like 11
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Anthony - welcome! Can you share the exact response you got from Support? 

Fiverr has a policy on not assisting with university and school projects. I understand this is more of assisting through proofreading the application and you are correct that there are services offering something similar to that. 

I'm not exactly sure where Fiverr stands on the service you are doing and Customer Support definitely can be a bit vague. 

There are also trigger words that the "system" automatically flags your gig for, such as essay, assignment and etc. I am also not sure on the complete list of words but these words are automatically tracked by the system and gets you a warning. 

I know it may have been profitable for you offering those services but I suggest you stop offering the gigs that have brought you those 2 warnings and refocus on other gigs that are profitable in the vertical you are in. 

If it helps, you can try reading through the official documentation Fiverr has on this:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services

Unfortunately, asking Customer Support again will still have no assurances that you will get the answer you are looking for - but if you'd really like (Although I wouldn't encourage it and it might be best to just refocus your energy on offering gigs that don't cause any trouble) is you can keep following that up until you end up with an agent who will give you a specific answer.

You can try getting on Seller Plus with the feature of having a success manager (They really give better answers and you can ask them anything related to your Fiverr account) although there is a waiting list and is a subscription.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017140717-Seller-Plusoverview

With that said, you are one warning away to getting your account disabled - I would still suggest just abandoning the murky waters of whatever has been causing you trouble especially if you'd like to continue selling on the platform. 

----

I am tagging my friend @vickiespencer as she may have better insight on the type of service you are offering and Fiverr's likely stand on it.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, Anthony,

I know that as a proofreader and copyeditor, I cannot work on academic work that will be turned in on behalf of the student. However, I can work on a dissertation or a thesis. 

I would contact CS and ask if writing documents for college admissions and scholarships is okay.  

 

21 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Can you share the exact response you got from Support? 

This would be helpful for us in offering you assistance. 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@anthjoyyOn Fiverr, warnings are given to users who violate the platform's terms of service or community guidelines. This can include things like delivering subpar work, plagiarism, or engaging in inappropriate or disrespectful behavior. Warnings are meant to serve as a reminder to users to adhere to the platform's rules

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@theratypist@vickiespencer @bondhon_wp Thank you so much for your responses! very very helpful info. I have attached the 4th and 'escalated' message which still didn't give enough against the gigs I've seen. For instance, I thought it was the words "write" or "rewrite". I stay away from using these words in the description as well.

The strange thing is that if you were to search statement of purpose, you'll find currently 519 services available, many of them include the words "write" or "rewrite". I totally understand the terms of service for violating college, student, academic standards and I myself find them to unethical.

That said, I have another gig with a very similar title and the impressions are very successful. Would love any help y'all have, though I fear that theratypist is right that I might just have to let this gig type go. Or move over to another platform, because it doesn't happen over there.

Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 2.11.18 PM.png

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, anthjoyy said:

The strange thing is that if you were to search statement of purpose, you'll find currently 519 services available, many of them include the words "write" or "rewrite"

They haven't been caught yet.

  • Like 8
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bondhon_wp said:

@anthjoyyOn Fiverr, warnings are given to users who violate the platform's terms of service or community guidelines. This can include things like delivering subpar work, plagiarism, or engaging in inappropriate or disrespectful behavior. Warnings are meant to serve as a reminder to users to adhere to the platform's rules

 

  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2023 at 12:26 AM, anthjoyy said:

Hello, I'm pretty new on Fiverr, and I started to offer editing and proofreading services to Computer Science applicants who speak English as a second language. I created a few complimentary gigs and I immediately received 2 warnings. If I get another I will be kicked off the platform, or suspended.

When I asked Fiverr support why the gigs were denied and warnings given, they just sent me a general article, and the more I asked, the less they told me.

The problem is that there are hundreds of other gigs just like the one that I posted and I got warnings.

Is there a way to find out exactly why I was given the warnings, or maybe someone has any advice?

Thanks for your time,

Anthony

You should obey the Fiverr TOS violation.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...