Sellers, how often do you need to reach out to customer support?

nicks_voice

Question

I find myself contacting customer support almost daily for things such as removing cancellations from my stats and such, how often do my fellow sellers need to do this as well? I feel like I'm doing it way too much, and feel their should be some more automatic systems in place to detect when an order cancellation shouldn't affect your stats, like when a buyer doesn't submit requirements for over 2 weeks or decides to cancel the order if they change their mind, because I have CS telling me these cancellations shouldnt affect my stats, but they end up doing so anyway and I have to get them manually removed.

Thoughts?

• Like 13

16 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, moonstaredits said:

How do you word it, exactly?

I had issues with buyers wanting me to rewrite the article to pass Copyscape when I did not offer that service.

Statement in the box:
You understand that I do not rewrite text to pass Copyscape. 

Multiple choice answers—they can pick more than one. 

I understand that you do not rewrite text to pass Copyscape.

I do not want my text rewritten to pass Copyscape.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

6 minutes ago, nicks_voice said:

Thoughts?

Maybe you could look into why you have to cancel on a daily basis?

If buyers are ordering by mistake, maybe there's an opportunity to increase your prices, update your gig descriptions and FAQs, or restructure your packages.

If you are canceling to give discounts on orders via canceling and reissuing new orders at discounted prices, the proper way to do this is to cancel the current order first then issue the new order.

If you are canceling orders simply because buyers aren't submitting order requirements, this is unnecessary - these orders won't start until you get the requirements. 

I used to have issues with high cancelations and most of it was because of low prices, offering unlimited revisions, and not clearly defining my project scope or setting clear boundaries (I couldn't say 'no').

• Like 19

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

Maybe you could look into why you have to cancel on a daily basis?

If buyers are ordering by mistake, maybe there's an opportunity to increase your prices, update your gig descriptions and FAQs, or restructure your packages.

If you are canceling to give discounts on orders via canceling and reissuing new orders at discounted prices, the proper way to do this is to cancel the current order first then issue the new order.

If you are canceling orders simply because buyers aren't submitting order requirements, this is unnecessary - these orders won't start until you get the requirements. 

I used to have issues with high cancelations and most of it was because of low prices, offering unlimited revisions, and not clearly defining my project scope or setting clear boundaries (I couldn't say 'no').

It's more buyers *not* reading the description and FAQ. I have 2 popular gigs, one for non-commercial order and one for commercial-orders, and I'll have some buyers skip over all the mentioning about this in the FAQ, description, and even order requirements (where I put a mandatory "I understand" confirmation under this info to make sure the buyer has read this info) and order a commercial gig on my non-commercial gig, then get angry when I attach commercial rights, which then leads to a cancellation. As for prices, I've experimented a ton in the past year, it definitely depends on the niche.

I get a lot of orders a day so that's probably the reason for the larger amount of cancellations. 95% of my buyers are wonderful and always read everything and provide all info as needed, but there's always that 5% that don't. Seeing the completion rate % go down because of that is unfortunate.

And for those incomplete orders, the problem is it's just clutter (and I'm bad with clutter lol) so I like to clean up my dashboard when I can.

Edited by nicks_voice
  • Like 11

22 hours ago, nicks_voice said:

I feel like I'm doing it way too much

From your last post, it looks like you do have a good idea of why you have so many cancelations, so I guess it's up to you to decide whether that's something you can live with or if you need to change your package offerings (such as increasing your prices and including commercial rights in all of you gigs).

That might be something to consider, since you've done everything you could to inform your buyers and buyers are still getting angry when you try to add the commercial rights & fees.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, nicks_voice said:

I have 2 popular gigs, one for non-commercial order and one for commercial-orders, and I'll have some buyers skip over all the mentioning about this in the FAQ, description, and even order requirements (where I put a mandatory "I understand" confirmation under this info to make sure the buyer has read this info)

In what format do you put this requirement? I make a statement in my gig requirements and give the buyer two choices to check. Both options start with "I understand" and then repeat what I said in the statement differently. That way, the buyer has hopefully read the same info three times. And even if they have merely checked the boxes, you can send them a screenshot of their agreement. 

• Like 12

9 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

In what format do you put this requirement? I make a statement in my gig requirements and give the buyer two choices to check. Both options start with "I understand" and then repeat what I said in the statement differently. That way, the buyer has hopefully read the same info three times. And even if they have merely checked the boxes, you can send them a screenshot of their agreement. 

Do you put a question like "I understand that if I don't send all the requirements the seller can't start the order"? How do you word it, exactly? I also had many buyers that seem to be reading with their feet. I ask them for a description of the characters and they answer with the platform they want to publish the video in 😒🙄

Edited by moonstaredits
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I had issues with buyers wanting me to rewrite the article to pass Copyscape when I did not offer that service.

Statement in the box:
You understand that I do not rewrite text to pass Copyscape. 

Multiple choice answers—they can pick more than one. 

I understand that you do not rewrite text to pass Copyscape.

I do not want my text rewritten to pass Copyscape.

Thanks!

But can I put something like I wrote in the answer above? Or it may be against Fiverr's ToS?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, moonstaredits said:

"I understand that if I don't send all the requirements the seller can't start the order"?

I do not see why that would be against TOS. You could write;

Main Box: You understand that I can only start the order if you send the necessary information, and as a result, I may be forced to cancel the order. 

Multiple choice: The first one may be too long so I did not add the part about canceling. 

I understand the seller cannot begin to work on the order if the needed info is not attached; therefore, she may cancel the order.

I understand the order cannot start if the needed info is not submitted. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I do not see why that would be against TOS. You could write;

Main Box: You understand that I can only start the order if you send the necessary information, and as a result, I may be forced to cancel the order. 

Multiple choice: The first one may be too long so I did not add the part about canceling. 

I understand the seller cannot begin to work on the order if the needed info is not attached; therefore, she may cancel the order.

I understand the order cannot start if the needed info is not submitted. 

Oh, I see, thanks! I will add it to my gigs just in case.

• Like 8

On 1/5/2023 at 10:01 AM, vickiespencer said:

This is what I do as well.

• Like 8