Why Fiverr block this user

hridoystudio

Question

7 answers to this question

1. Fiverr blocked that user because that user violated Fiverr's Terms of Service.

2. Please keep in mind that sharing your gig link is only allowed in My Fiverr Gigs (where you go to advertise your gig) and Improve My Gig (where you ask for help to improve your gig). Sharing your gig link like you did here is seen as spam.

Thousands of Bangladeshi sellers got their accounts restricted a few days ago, for violating the rules. Do try not to become one of them.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Thousands of Bangladeshi sellers got their accounts restricted a few days ago, for violating the rules.

Damn, I was away for a few days and it seems things changed quite a bit. If you don't mind, can you tell me what happened? Why did they ban only Bangladeshi users, pretty sure there are scammers and cheaters from other regions.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

If you don't mind, can you tell me what happened?

Check this topic out, there was a lot more in the Bangladesh club but it's hidden now:

Basically, on January 1st a lot of people (as in, thousands) got an email that their account was under review, and it turns out the most common reason is buying reviews, though there were other cases, as well (one that we heard of was an accountant who agreed to edit an invoice during his early days on Fiverr). Most of those violations were committed years ago, when those users were starting out, and they never got a warning for it. You'll see more info in that topic above, if the info wasn't deleted/edited out.

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Why did they ban only Bangladeshi users, pretty sure there are scammers and cheaters from other regions.

I'm really not sure if it was only Bangladeshi users or others, as well. There were other, non-Bangladeshi sellers complaining that they have received the exact same email, but right now, we don't know if they got that email in error (and if their accounts are restricted in error), or if they committed some violations, too. They say they didn't.

• Like 10