Jump to content

You know what would be a great idea?


Recommended Posts

If Fiverr sellers were given a 'choice,' as to whether or not they want to accept a clients business. For example, I run two gigs where I promote (or shoutout) brands, businesses, and companies on social media. Via our company's official FB and TwT account. What they call in the business a 'sponsored post.' Unfortunately, some people believe the term shoutout, applies to anything and everything. So they either ignore the FAQ and gig description... or just fire off an order anyways. In hopes that I'll skirt the rules just to obtain their business. I've made it abundantly clear in both gigs that we don't promote crypto, NFT, and adjacent content. Yet I've gotten two orders recently that I've had to ask Fiverr to cancel. Because those two clients apparently didn't get, overlooked, or improperly skimmed - the message.

As for my other gigs, my press release gig attracted a client late last year who provided 'junk briefs' for the press release they wanted me to write. Twice. Order one I completed. But order two, simply could not be salvaged. Er go, it would be a good idea for Fiverr to expand the order que to 'hold' orders. So a seller can have time to review the information provided, and decide whether they want to do business with problem clients, or not. As it stands now, someone places an order, enters their parameters, and the clock starts ticking. But what if the brief, or info provided is not legible? Or is in an improper format? What if they're asking for things outside of your jurisdiction? What if they want you to advertise items or products on your channel, page, or website that you don't, or have made it clear you won't, promote?

In order to salavage your Order Completion rate, or overall rating. You have to reach out to Fiverr and have them cancel the order manually. When a better system, would be to let the seller review the clients order. And make sure everything is 'in order.' Then, they can start the order themselves. Which means they're accepting the clients business and are ready to start the project. Every business is allowed to do this. If a Plumbing Co. for example gets a call from someone saying they want something done with pipes, which the Plumbing Co. doesn't specialize in. They can simply tell the client look elsewhere. Yet it seems here on Fiverr, we're all at the beckon call of clients who can't comprehend certain rules. And will just place orders anyways, that they know you're gonna turn down. And even in some cases when you ask for revised information, or tell them you can't perform the task because it doesn't fit within your power to do so, they disappear for days with no contact.

At first, this was looked upon as a minor nuisance. But over time, it's become most taxing. Because the abundance of these sorts of people has either doubled, or tripled.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nickj2013 said:

If Fiverr sellers were given a 'choice,' as to whether or not they want to accept a clients business.

So you support walking into Starbucks and being told, "We don't think you are right for us... no coffee, please  leave?"  This is indicative of sellers with a bigger claim as to their their abilities than their abilities in reality. Otherwise on reason to be scared of orders on demand. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, newsmike said:

So you support walking into Starbucks and being told, "We don't think you are right for us... no coffee, please  leave?"  This is indicative of sellers with a bigger claim as to their their abilities than their abilities in reality. Otherwise on reason to be scared of orders on demand. 

That's a completely different scenario. Starbucks isn't under the same performance based system that Fiverr is. Cancelling an order has no effect on their pay or reputation. However on this platform, cancelling an order, even an errant one, will serve to hurt your completion rate. Reaching out to Fiverr to cancel said order is the only solution. But this is becoming tedious when many clients back-to-back come in to do business unprepared. 

In terms of Starbucks though, if you walk in with no clue as to what you wish to order. Or no money to pay for it, then yes you will be told to step aside... or step outside (leave immediately).

Edited by nickj2013
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nickj2013 said:

However on this platform, cancelling an order, even an errant one, will serve to hurt your completion rate. Reaching out to Fiverr to cancel said order is the only solution. But this is becoming tedious when many clients back-to-back come in to do business unprepared. 

Is this perhaps a reason to fine tune your offering in terms of written details to eliminate misunderstandings, and look at raising your prices so you don't attract clueless buyers? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Is this perhaps a reason to fine tune your offering in terms of written details to eliminate misunderstandings, and look at raising your prices so you don't attract clueless buyers? 

I've done the latter already.

The former is pretty self-explanatory. It's a literal successive list of content we do not promote. With said statement headlined above it. And it's all in bold.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nickj2013 said:

I've done the latter already.

The former is pretty self-explanatory. It's a literal successive list of content we do not promote. With said statement headlined above it. And it's all in bold.

I did look and see that you are priced nicely. Am I to understand that you get $1,000 orders from people who have no idea what they want? That seems odd. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I haven't had any orders placed out of the blue, I do ask in my gig description to contact me first to avoid any misunderstandings (I don't know why someone can get a service as simple as mine misunderstood, but things happen). I specify very clearly the scope in my gig.

However there are always (mostly Spanish speakers, so I guess that the automatic translation doesn't quite gives them the information correctly) buyers who ask "what do you do?" "What are the prices?" "What does this package includes?". That led me to read again and again my gig to find out why the message is not coming across. Spoiler: I didn't find why, everything's clear for me. I just resorted to make a quick response with my gig information in Spanish. It gets tiring to answer obvious things manually.

Maybe create a quick response and that's it? Now Fiverr doesn't let the orders that are mistakenly placed affect your cancellation rate, so there's no reason to worry as much as before.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

I did look and see that you are priced nicely. Am I to understand that you get $1,000 orders from people who have no idea what they want? That seems odd. 

No. This is exclusively in the case of my twitter shoutout gig. It’s happened twice in the last few months. 

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...