My phone number is on my deactivated account and I can't reuse it.

angelicle

Question

I'm trying to set up my gig, but I need a verified phone number. I used my phone number on my old account, but when I didn't need it any more, I deactivated the account. Now that I need my phone number to be verified, It says that it is already in use, but the account it is in use with has been deactivated. I want to get my gig up and running ASAP, but I cant without the verified phone number.

What should I do?

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

22 hours ago, wrcoding said:

It sounds like you need to have your phone number released from the deactivated account so that you can use it to verify your new account. I recommend reaching out to the support team at the platform you are using to see if they can assist you in releasing the phone number. They should be able to help you get your gig up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you, I'll try this.

• Like 6

Zayn here this time with support, Thank you for providing me with your phone number.

I’ve run the number in our system and, indeed, it seems that it is being used on a different Fiverr account.

I understand that this may seem unusual, but don’t be alarmed, what could have happened is that one of your friends/co-workers or family members created a Fiverr account and used your phone number.

So that I can successfully verify your account, we first need to rule out this possibility, so could you please get in touch with anyone who might have had access to your phone and check if they ever used it on Fiverr?

Also, could you please provide me with a list of email addresses and usernames you may have been using in order to locate the account and look into this further for you? It can be a bulk email and username list as well and I will make sure to look for each of them in our database.

I know that this is not an easy process for you, so I wanted to thank you for your help with this.

If you are interested to know more about phone verification and why it’s important and how it affects your account security in addition to how you can change your number, you can always visit our Help center and see the article phone verification.

I will be waiting patiently for your response and if further help is needed afterward, I will be glad to provide it.

Kind regards

Told me not to worry and disable MY account for no reason how RUDE!

And I want my account back!
Edited by craigpetty945
  • Like 11

Jake (Fiverr Customer Support) 

Jan 7, 2023, 11:48 AM GMT+2 

Hi again,

Thank you for your response,

I understand you would like access back to your account.

By using Fiverr.com and its services, you have agreed that you have read and understood our site's Community Standards and Guidelines,

As mentioned previously, Users who were removed from our platform by our relevant staff are unable to register for a new account on our platform.

Your account has been permanently disabled and is not subject to being activated again. Please keep in mind that the decision taken on your account was after a thorough and in-depth review.

Please keep in mind, that since the decision taken on your account is not handled by customer support, we will not be able to influence the decision. The decision taken on your account is final and will not be changed.

Please refer to these links outlining our Guidelines and Community Standards.

I hope this clarifies the situation regarding your account.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Kind regards,

• Like 10

What a lier!!

Please keep in mind, that since the decision taken on your account is not handled by customer support, we will not be able to influence the decision. The decision taken on your account is final and will not be changed. customers part of this to.

All they know is copy and paste.

I forgot don't trust customer support..

Edited by craigpetty945
  • Like 9

Here more for your information.so they don’t  care.

Hi Craig,

My name is Paul, from Fiverr’s Customer Support Team.  

I reviewed your request and noticed that this matter was reviewed multiple times and responded to. I can assure you that your issue was reviewed thoroughly.  

At this point, we have no additional information or assistance to provide on this particular issue. Any further requests will be replied to with the same information you’ve received so far. While we regret not being able to provide you with your ideal resolution, after a thorough review, your account will have to remain disabled.

I hope you understand.

Best Regards,

• Like 7

On 1/7/2023 at 7:52 AM, craigpetty945 said:

Here more for your information.so they don’t  care.

Hi Craig,

My name is Paul, from Fiverr’s Customer Support Team.  

I reviewed your request and noticed that this matter was reviewed multiple times and responded to. I can assure you that your issue was reviewed thoroughly.  

At this point, we have no additional information or assistance to provide on this particular issue. Any further requests will be replied to with the same information you’ve received so far. While we regret not being able to provide you with your ideal resolution, after a thorough review, your account will have to remain disabled.

I hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Sound like you are be lie to from Fiver CS

• Like 1