Jump to content

Gig marketing how much important for your Fiverr account!!


Recommended Posts

Most of the senior or experienced buyer suggest that do marketing your gig on social media.  My question is how much it works??

From my experience I found some Pros and Cons for both marketing.

Pros:

1. If you do marketing your gig will get impression quick

2. Gig marketing will circulate your fiverr profile in so many places.

3. You might get order from those social media places

4. Fiverr will understand you are working on you gig and account so that fiverr will bring your gig in front page.

 

Cons:

1. Once you start marketing on social media profile you have to continue regular basis. If you stop your gig impression will go down which might affect your gig.

2. If you don't marketing your gig at all fiverr will evaluate your gig such way and your gig will grow that way.

3. Your gig marketing on social media marketing will grow and bring order if your social media account have potential buyer. 

4. If your social media account don't  have potential buyer in that case marketing might bring spammers to your gig.

5. most of the cases your marketing might get only Impression but no CLICK . So that type of marketing is Use Less.

 

So my suggestion is 

1. Before marketing your gig in social media, make your profile with strong connection/friends/Followers.

2. Think before start marketing, because once you decide to marketing it should be regular basis without any gap.

Hope this Post will help the newbies

Thanks 

Jayed Latif Prince

 

Edited by jayedprince
  • Like 17
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jayedprince changed the title to Gig marketing how much important for your Fiverr account!!
On 1/2/2023 at 7:51 PM, jayedprince said:

Most of the senior or experienced buyer suggest that do marketing your gig on social media.  My question is how much it works??

Do they?  I'm pretty sure they don't. 

What they do say is to ensure that your gig is of a high quality, well written and plagiarism free, and if people like it they will buy it? 

I'm interested to see who these guru's are that give you this information? Youtube maybe?  please share your sources. I would love to see them

  • Like 8
  • Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2023 at 8:51 PM, jayedprince said:

Most of the senior or experienced buyer suggest that do marketing your gig on social media. 

Not true. The ones who say that you should market your gigs on social media are either inexperienced sellers (typically with zero sales, they just parrot what others (also inexperienced sellers) have posted), or the so-called gurus that post on YouTube or Facebook or sell courses (and they only want your money).

  • Like 4
  • Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2023 at 12:51 AM, jayedprince said:

Most of the senior or experienced buyer suggest that do marketing your gig on social media.  My question is how much it works??

From my experience I found some Pros and Cons for both marketing.

Pros:

1. If you do marketing your gig will get impression quick

2. Gig marketing will circulate your fiverr profile in so many places.

3. You might get order from those social media places

4. Fiverr will understand you are working on you gig and account so that fiverr will bring your gig in front page.

 

Cons:

1. Once you start marketing on social media profile you have to continue regular basis. If you stop your gig impression will go down which might affect your gig.

2. If you don't marketing your gig at all fiverr will evaluate your gig such way and your gig will grow that way.

3. Your gig marketing on social media marketing will grow and bring order if your social media account have potential buyer. 

4. If your social media account don't  have potential buyer in that case marketing might bring spammers to your gig.

5. most of the cases your marketing might get only Impression but no CLICK . So that type of marketing is Use Less.

 

So my suggestion is 

1. Before marketing your gig in social media, make your profile with strong connection/friends/Followers.

2. Think before start marketing, because once you decide to marketing it should be regular basis without any gap.

Hope this Post will help the newbies

Thanks 

Jayed Latif Prince

 

Instead of doing gig marketing, it is better to create a gig in such a way that it attracts your buyers to place an order (does not require any marketing).. 

My question for you: Apart from your lengthy post, did you get any order by doing this gig marketing? You have Zero Sales yet so please do not guide others like the way you are as you have not experienced this on your own. 🙏🙄

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2023 at 3:45 AM, breals said:

Do they?  I'm pretty sure they don't. 

What they do say is to ensure that your gig is of a high quality, well written and plagiarism free, and if people like it they will buy it? 

I'm interested to see who these guru's are that give you this information? Youtube maybe?  please share your sources. I would love to see them

Thank you for comment. There are so many sources, Youtube is one of the major. But yes I am agree with your statement which I mentioned in my statement already. See the SS for a small reference I guess here Fiverr is also giving option indirectly for marketing. Hope its clear

image.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2023 at 2:05 PM, smartdezigns said:

Instead of doing gig marketing, it is better to create a gig in such a way that it attracts your buyers to place an order (does not require any marketing).. 

My question for you: Apart from your lengthy post, did you get any order by doing this gig marketing? You have Zero Sales yet so please do not guide others like the way you are as you have not experienced this on your own. 🙏🙄

Thank you for your kind observation, I didn't said that I am doing marketing on social media or I didn't encourage/discourage to do marketing. Whatever I said isn't that logical??

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, catwriter said:

Not true. The ones who say that you should market your gigs on social media are either inexperienced sellers (typically with zero sales, they just parrot what others (also inexperienced sellers) have posted), or the so-called gurus that post on YouTube or Facebook or sell courses (and they only want your money).

Would you mind tell us why fiverr give us this option ( see SS)?? isn't it one kind of marketing.

N.B. I am not in side of marketing or opposite of it.

image.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, corsogr said:

image.png.4025759ef9c8196ed408489b3e81c5af.png

Just a reminder that according to some so called "experienced fiverr forum sellers", sharing your gig on social media is useless. 😉

Thank you so much, May be they have some point of view from their side. But if it is so then why fiverr it self giving this opportunity.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, corsogr said:

Do you also suggest that Fiverr each time you create a new gig encourages you to share it via Social Media is bad?

I think it boils down to how you market your gigs / who you are. I have 0 following on social media because I don't care about it. Posting on my Facebook for my parents and the few friends I have to see would do nothing expect confuse my parents about what I do even more.) Many established professionals (who Fiverr likes of course) have huge followings. Logically, if they post on their pages, they might get clicks/orders.

Sharing CAN be useful but only if you know how to do it. Fiverr likely knows it, but I would assume that having more shares to its links (no matter who they come from) is a good thing to them (I'm not well-versed when it comes to this topic though) so they won't say you shouldn't do it.

I also feel like saying we should do it places more weight on the seller - here's something YOU can try. It makes people feel more involved, even if it doesn't help much. 

  • Like 4
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jayedprince said:

Would you mind tell us why fiverr give us this option ( see SS)?? isn't it one kind of marketing.

It is. You market Fiverr that way, though, not necessarily yourself. Which is why they don't mind you doing it, as long as you don't get reported for spamming.

Social media marketing can be useful, if you know how to do it. But most people don't, and all they mean by "market your gigs on social media" is "spam your gig link wherever you can until they ban you, then spam it somewhere else". And that is far more likely to annoy people than make them buy from you (plus, depending on how and where you do it, they can report you, too).

  • Like 4
  • Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I think it boils down to how you market your gigs / who you are. I have 0 following on social media because I don't care about it. Posting on my Facebook for my parents and the few friends I have to see would do nothing expect confuse my parents about what I do even more.) Many established professionals (who Fiverr likes of course) have huge followings. Logically, if they post on their pages, they might get clicks/orders.

Sharing CAN be useful but only if you know how to do it. Fiverr likely knows it, but I would assume that having more shares to its links (no matter who they come from) is a good thing to them (I'm not well-versed when it comes to this topic though) so they won't say you shouldn't do it.

I also feel like saying we should do it places more weight on the seller - here's something YOU can try. It makes people feel more involved, even if it doesn't help much. 

Same thing i said, marketing completely depends on Seller and his network/social media coverage.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jayedprince said:

Thank you for your kind observation, I didn't said that I am doing marketing on social media or I didn't encourage/discourage to do marketing. Whatever I said isn't that logical??

You have not experienced these neither you have done these for your own gigs then how can you say that they are logical? If these were logical then you would have been getting orders and you might have been getting more exposure to your clients! 

So I am gonna say again do not guide like this to others unless you have experienced/done it! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...