How is your experience with freelancers on Fiverr?

seoboss24_7

My first experience on Fiverr was actually a bit weird, but good weird.

So before starting working on Fiverr, I did my research, read gigs, decided what services I could offer, and made 7 gigs.

Then someone bought a basic gig of on-page optimization. I was so happy, my first Fiverr task, Yey! I messaged them in minutes, thanking them for buying the gig and asking for the details.

No reply came. I waited and waited, but nothing.

Then after a few hours, I got his reply, saying sorry about the delay. He said that the task he wanted to get done is no longer required, and he is very sorry about it.

I felt a bit bad, but it happens, so I just politely asked him to cancel the order.

But he was feeling really bad about it, so he asked me to mark the gig delivered.

I was really surprised. But I didn’t want to get paid for a task I didn’t do, even though it was just $10. So I said, it’s okay, you can buy the gig some other day. But he then marked the gig complete himself AND gave me 5 stars.

It was a bit weird experience, but I felt happy that my first interaction on Fiverr was with a thoughtful person. In some way, it encouraged me to explore freelancing more, and I am so glad I did.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seoboss24_7 said:

But I didn’t want to get paid for a task I didn’t do, even though it was just $10. So I said, it’s okay, you can buy the gig some other day. But he then marked the gig complete himself AND gave me 5 stars.

He can’t just complete an order if you didn’t deliver anything. If he marked the order complete it means that you pressed “deliver” button. And if it was empty then it’s fiverr TOS violation. Don’t do that in the future because you can get a warning or get banned. 

• Like 7
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 1

There will be ups and downs during your time on fiverr, just stay consistent and keep grinding. You may not believe me, but I received around 5 Warnings on my Profile/Gig in my first year of working on fiverr in 2020. But I kept on going and improving my work and strategies, now my Parents are enjoying their life, I was able to get my Dream Car and, I am a Top Rated Seller now for almost a year, after getting around 5 Warning in my First year of working.

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

3 different warnings max or 2 warnings for the same thing. 

And depending on the offense, it's possible to get banned without a single warning.

Perhaps some of those 5 warnings were in error, or for really minor things (or honest mistakes)?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

And depending on the offense, it's possible to get banned without a single warning.

Perhaps some of those 5 warnings were in error, or for really minor things (or honest mistakes)?

Yeah agreed, maybe minor stuff and if the offense is higher then you get a direct ban. 
Two warnings from different or same category under 30 Days gets you demoted to a lower level. And three in same results in ban. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:34 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

it’s fiverr TOS violation. Don’t do that in the future because you can get a warning or get banned. 

@mariashtelle1I learn this now, but have never done this as to my senses work.

But got account restricted, I've got it reactivated again a day ago, but today's mail told me that I've received multiple warnings. [Which I never knew about and looked at] because I didn't know where to look for them.

So, my account is reactivated, and gigs are in [denied] section, when I click on the gig [!] it shows nothing.

Will be highly appreciated If you could guide me about this.

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 8:28 PM, maqboolurrahman said:

but today's mail told me that I've received multiple warnings. [Which I never knew about and looked at]

I felt necessary to post this update, i.e. I've got the confirmation that I received no warnings, but still my account is not functional.

Waiting to hear from the support team sooner the better.

[Actually, my account was disabled because I was not able to "Re-confirm my ID" and that was because "I didn't have multimedia cell phone".

Now every step has be taken to Re-identify me, that's why I can login to my account but cannot submit proposals.

Okaye, I can wait.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1